Obama: “Don’t wait for a Savior...America doesn’t need a Messiah.”

And you guys wonder why Catholics overwhelmingly voted for Trump in the primaries and general in 2016

Catholics should be more concerned about priest molesting little kids than birth control.

I'm still not really sure what the substance of your complaint here is, you don't think he should refer to Muhammad as a prophet? Even non-Muslims call him the Prophet Muhammad.
If there is no God, there is no prophet.

And Christians don't consider the Mulsim 'Alah' to be the Christian God.

Anyway, this is now a pointless discussion

No the provision was originally part of Obamacare, its just that the organization in question didn't think the provision went far enough. But nonetheless there was an attempt there, meaning it intended to respect some boundary when it comes to religious organizations. Maybe it wasn't good enough, I could agree, but the point is there was an acknowledgement of the sensitivity that the issue would have for religious organizations.
Could you have possibly been more vague in this post?

Anyway, the Obama Administration desperatley wanted Catholic organizations to be FORCED to hand out contreceptives, or to shut down. They fought all the way to the Supreme Court where even Obama appointees to the court shut it down.

Freedom of Religion < State Limitations Upon How You Practice Your Religion, Or You Can't Practice Your Religion At All.

It was from the beginning, its a pointless nitpick by you that makes no sense.

Anyway, the Obama Administration desperatley wanted Catholic organizations to be FORCED to hand out contreceptives, or to shut down. They fought all the way to the Supreme Court where even Obama appointees to the court shut it down.
The law offered a channel for them to state their objections but obviously the organization in question didn't think it was enough and the SCOTUS agreed. So could've Obamacare been written with more regard for the objections of religious organizations? Sure but so what's your point? The ACLU represents Christians all the time, to say atheists don't care when it goes the other way around is to be dishonest.
Freedom of Religion < State Limitations Upon How You Practice Your Religion, Or You Can't Practice Your Religion At All.
Pretty dishonest way to frame it but at this point I expect that of you on this. Sucks that that Catholic organization had to go to the SCOTUS to get their work around but they're not merely practicing their religion, they're a non-profit that operates publicly.

It's hard to make a change for many when they are blind to what change need to be made.

Why do you care if people want to live with Christian values? Why does this make you angry?

You remind me of those normal everyday people doing their thing....but when they walk by a street preacher talking about Jesus they lose their minds. You don't think theres more to it? There's spiritual energy everywhere. And there's a battle. Like radio waves are invisible...so is the spiritual energy.
Comparing radiowaves to spiritual energy?

Derp

giphy.gif

Catholics should be more concerned about priest molesting little kids than birth control.

I wish the Pope would worry about both, but moreso the infestation of gays within the priesthood.

The law offered a channel for them to state their objections
No, it didn't, or else the court rulings wouldn't have been neccessary, and Obama could have shut it down at any time.

but obviously the organization in question didn't think it was enough and the SCOTUS agreed. So could've Obamacare been written with more regard for the objections of religious organizations? Sure but so what's your point?
Is 'whats your point?' supposed to mean I'm not making points? We're both making points.

The court rulings should never have been neccessary because it never should have been in the law.

The ACLU represents Christians all the time, to say atheists don't care when it goes the other way around is to be dishonest.
Is the ACLU an atheist organization?

Pretty dishonest way to frame it but at this point I expect that of you on this. Sucks that that Catholic organization had to go to the SCOTUS to get their work around but they're not merely practicing their religion, they're a non-profit that operates publicly.
Yeah 'it sucks' so we should just shrug our shoulders and go about our day.

Ever wonder why it was apart of Obamacare in the first place? Or is that an Alex Jones question, and it should be ignored because all the possible answers are crazy.

If there is no God, there is no prophet.

And Christians don't consider the Mulsim 'Alah' to be the Christian God.

CHECK YOUR PM, DAMN IT.

Is the ACLU an atheist organization?
Its certainly painted as such by many Christians since they are often at the forefront of legal battles removing religion from public spaces.
Yeah 'it sucks' so we should just shrug our shoulders and go about our day.

Ever wonder why it was apart of Obamacare in the first place? Or is that an Alex Jones question, and it should be ignored because all the possible answers are crazy.
That's not what I said, try to be honest for a second here. It was a law that applied to organizations operating publicly, it didn't target random private Catholics merely trying to practice their religion.

Difference is one has been proven to exist the other has not.

Go watch some street preaching videos... you will see the demons come out of the ordinary average person. It's most definitely real. Don't rely on your five senses. They will fail you in certain areas.

Could you imagine being in a room or shed while the mexican cartel are torturing and cutting people up? Or Isis doing what they do? You would be surrounded by pure evil. Theres an undeniably dark spiritual energy present. And that presence can be overwhelmingly felt...just as the overwhelming love of a Christian can be felt. Theres a battle inside all of us.

The Republicans may not do everything right but they want the country to reflect Gods values more and sensible pro western values and correct ideas on islam and immigration.

Obama will go down as being one of the most anti judeochristian and anti western pro islam anf open borders pro tranny anti christian presidents ever. His prrsidency was a stain on America and god believing people everywhere.

Unless like Chelsea clinton you somehow think abortion is a pro christian value. I guess her globalist types will next say that gay marriage and transexual are also 'christian values'.

I don’t think you have to be Christian to find Obama’s presidency and his values to be absolutely absurd.

I’m not saying that’s what you’re suggesting but I don’t hold any religious values but as a decent human being I found Obama’s and the globalist agenda to be so transparent that it shifted me away from the Democratic Party probably for the rest of my life.

It doesn’t mean I’m a republican but I definitely see the democrats as a domestic terrorist organization now

Its certainly painted as such by many Christians since they are often at the forefront of legal battles removing religion from public spaces.

Citing 'Separation of Church and State.' Gotchya.
It was a law that applied to organizations operating publicly, it didn't target random private Catholics merely trying to practice their religion.
Yes, it applied to all public religious organizations.

Do you really believe the Obama administration would have pushed a Muslim Charity all the way to the Supreme Court over the same or similar issue?

Citing 'Separation of Church and State.' Gotchya.
Citing the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.
Yes, it applied to all public religious organizations.

Do you really believe the Obama administration would have pushed a Muslim Charity all the way to the Supreme Court over the same or similar issue?
Churches were exempt. Religious organizations were allowed to note their objection to their insurance companies and from there the insurance company would work directly with the employee to provide them coverage for the contraceptives but even this exemption wasn't far enough for the Little Sisters, they felt this still made them complicit in the matter.

So there was in fact an effort to respect the separation of church and state when it comes to the religious objection to providing contraceptive, its just that the religious organizations didn't feel it went far enough. Stop pretending that this wasn't the case.

Citing the establishment clause of the 1st amendment.

Oh yes, 'freedom of religion,' but the 1st amendment later clarifies with prohibiting congress of establishing law 'respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.'

Churches were exempt. Religious organizations were allowed to note their objection to their insurance companies and from there the insurance company would work directly with the employee to provide them coverage for the contraceptives but even this exemption wasn't far enough for the Little Sisters, they felt this still made them complicit in the matter.
Yeah, I'm aware.
And their religious beliefs were not respected by the administration.
Its not like there's a serious lack of availability of several kinds of contraceptives. They're everywhere to buy, and still are handed out at public schools.

So, why the push for Catholic Charities to be forced to hand them out?

Oh yes, 'freedom of religion,' but the 1st amendment later clarifies with prohibiting congress of establishing law 'respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.'
Yes I know, what's your point? You were the one saying separation of church and state wasn't in the constitution, seemingly unaware of the fact that it stems from the 1st amendment establishment clause.
Yeah, I'm aware.
And their religious beliefs were not respected by the administration.
Its not like there's a serious lack of availability of several kinds of contraceptives. They're everywhere to buy, and still are handed out at public schools.

So, why the push for Catholic Charities to be forced to hand them out?
They weren't forcing Catholic organizations to hand them out, that's a lie. Those organizations had to option to fill out a form detailing their objection and naming their insurance provider at which point the matter would be taken out of their hands and the insurance company with deal with the employee directly. Merely filling out the form was deemed too far for them. Fine, maybe they had a point but don't pretend the administration was forcing them to hand out contraceptives.

Yes I know, what's your point? You were the one saying separation of church and state wasn't in the constitution, seemingly unaware of the fact that it stems from the 1st amendment establishment clause.
The consititution says nothing about 'separation of church and state.'

You can't simply cite 'the establishment clause.' If they wanted the words 'separation of church and state' in the constitution, they would be there.
They weren't forcing Catholic organizations to hand them out, that's a lie. Those organizations had to option to fill out a form detailing their objection and naming their insurance provider at which point the matter would be taken out of their hands and the insurance company with deal with the employee directly. Merely filling out the form was deemed too far for them. Fine, maybe they had a point but don't pretend the administration was forcing them to hand out contraceptives.

Yeah, I know, the organizations objected to being forced to refer to a 3rd party, which in their point of view was the same as handing contraceptives out themselves.

Still not hearing an explanation as to why the Obama administration didn't simply make an exception for Catholics. Or, if they would have held a Muslim organization to the same standard.

The consititution says nothing about 'separation of church and state.'

You can't simply cite 'the establishment clause.' If they wanted the words 'separation of church and state' in the constitution, they would be there.
The establishment clause prevents Congress from establishing any or preventing the free exercise of religion, its basically "separation of church and state" in more elegant, legalistic terms. Are you seriously trying to pretend its not functionally equivalent?
Yeah, I know, the organizations objected to being forced to refer to a 3rd party, which in their point of view was the same as handing contraceptives out themselves.

Still not hearing an explanation as to why the Obama administration didn't simply make an exception for Catholics. Or, if they would have held a Muslim organization to the same standard.
They made exemptions for churches and tried to offer an alternative to other religious organizations, you can't pretend there was no attention paid to the potential for religious objections. But I guess you will because "O-Obama!"

As far as the question of whether or not they would've held a Muslim organization to the same standard, I have no reason to think they wouldn't.

No, it's really obvious.

You know like Bruce Springsteen says, "You waste your summer praying in vain for a savior to rise from these streets."

He's not talking about Jesus. He's talking about a girl waiting for a man to save her from their small town. Most people find that pretty easy to understand. I guess there are some people who skipped 3rd grade.

Jesus.

Back