Nora Lareto exploits Humbolt crash victims to push leftist agenda.

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
The irony of you calling that out as a staggering. You have nothing to say about the hundreds of black kids shot to death every year, but break out in hysterics every time a few white kids get shot at school.

Can you point to my hysterics about white kids getting shot in a school? I pretty well toe the line on mass shootings, since I don't have an absolute policy recommendation.

Also, I have a lot to say about "the hundreds of black kids shot to death every year," as do all advocates against violence in the black community. But you have no interest in discussing that issue besides using it to daftly paint members of the black community as violent hypocrites.

Nora_Loreto.png

Link to a image instead of using attachments.

There's truth to that but that doesn't mean it wasn't in bad taste or should've been said at all. Its worth noting that this argument was used by NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch and people on the right were quick to run with it.

That said, mass shootings are politicized virtually from the beginning so I think it was more appropriate when Dana said it than here where the tragedy is just a bunch of kids dying out of nowhere with no obvious political angle to it. Pointing that out in this case is pretty much a cunt move really.

I was gonna say, mass shootings being politicized in the States is unavoidable do to the climate over there.

This bitch just did it for attention over a random tragedy. She knew exactly what would happen by standing on the backs of these dead kids to make a statement. She'd get a lot of attention.

Nora_Loreto.png

Link to a image instead of using attachments.

On one hand, she absolutely is touching on a real point of public concern.

On the other hand, have some fucking tact ffs.

I was gonna say, mass shootings being politicized in the States is unavoidable do to the climate over there.

This bitch just did it for attention over a random tragedy. She knew exactly what would happen by standing on the backs of these dead kids to make a statement. She'd get a lot of attention.
Just for a second let's assume the best of her and give her the benefit of the doubt, that she really wanted to bring attention to other less marketable tragedies. Did her comments achieve that goal? Doesn't look like it, seems like it was counter-productive in the end and everyone ended up focusing on what a cunt she is. If I go to a guy's funeral who happened to be a bit of an asshole I'm not going to say that at the funeral or any time soon after really.

This is one issue I have with certain leftists, they feel that if their argument is intellectually defensible that it doesn't matter how or when they make it but that's rather naive thinking. If the goal of the argument is to persuade then it does indeed matter how and when you make it and this issue plagues the white privilege discussion in general. Many leftists engage in these arguments almost from a place of spite and construct their arguments in counter-productive ways which hinder understanding and compromise.

It's amazing to me that the left finds it notable that these victims received more crowd funding than say, victims in India. The left is so diseased in its thinking it can't even acknowledge that it's appropriate that we care more about those we see as our own group.

Its mentally fucking ill of you to think that people in another country are as important as the people in your own economy.

lots of people cashing in on this tragedy to the point its sickening, really wish the donations and charity would have been kept to their gofundme page, everywhere I go all I see is big industry pushing it

Basically how I feel about it. People seem to be misinterpreting your comments for outrage points though.

She isn't inherently wrong in her observations but fucking A what a scummy way to go about it.

It's amazing to me that the left finds it notable that these victims received more crowd funding than say, victims in India.

This is a non sequitur. People in India are not members of the Canadian national community. It would not be rational to expect the Canadian people, most or many of whom are not particularly political or attune to international events, to donate to Indian causes.

However, being an internationalist myself, I agree with you. And I wholly support you keeping the Canadian lefts' feet to the fire on paying attention to the plights of foreign peoples.

The left is so diseased in its thinking it can't even acknowledge that it's appropriate that we care more about those we see as our own group.

Is that appropriate, though?

Just normatively, separating out ideology, do you think it's "appropriate" to care more about the death of your white neighbor than the death of your black neighbor? The death of your rich neighbor more than the death of your poor neighbor.

I think "natural" may have been the term you were really going for, but even then it's still objectionable.

Yeah, when there are 15 dead students and a community ripped into pieces you probably should keep your anti-white male agenda on silent. And if you don't, you should expect backlash.

Isn't the freedom to express speech and the freedom to express backlash against that speech exactly what we want in a free society?

I will never understand why the alt right gets so triggered when the system is actually working as it should.

Call me when Twitter or Facebook or Youtube only allow one side of the incendiary speech to be heard and ban the opposing viewpoints. That's the sign of deadly toxicity taking hold.

Nora Lareto obviously has mental problems. She seems to be enjoying all the attention she is getting.

Why do you post so many pics of good looking guys with great hair as your AV?

I don't get why you do this. Do you wish you looked like them

I pumped this creatures name into the search function and nothing came up so I figured I'd start a thread on it. Basically this Canadian "journalist" tweeted that the whiteness and maleness of the victims is the real issue here with regards to the bus accident that killed so many people.

Here is the original tweet.

View attachment 371913

So what followed was a flurry of insults and rage directed at her and now SHES the victim lol. The leftist media feel that shes just misunderstood and recieving a disproportionate amount of backlash.
Here are some articles defending and rationalizing her behavior, one article references the "right wing" media in Canada. For you Americans that may not know, there is no right wing media in Canada lol.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/04/11/opinion/let-nora-loreto-have-her-say

http://rabble.ca/news/2018/04/backlash-against-nora-loreto-shows-canadas-ugly-side

Here's a headline by the CBC stating the "far right" are politicizing her tweet lol.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/theweekly/humboldt-broncos-tweet-sparks-outrage-online-1.4630697

Fuck this country is lost. I looked through her Twitter feed and this creature is one narcissistic sociopath. Possibly a full blown psychopath.

Here is the "right wing media" politicizing her comments!!!!

To be fair, the rebel is right wing. I know because the CBC criticized Scheer for not denouncing them quickly enough. True story.

As for the story, not much to say. Racist idiot tries and fails not to be cynical, her words, because the deceased were the wrong color and gender. For the record, her tweet is what proof of racism looks like.

Never heard of her or 2 of the 3 sources you posted TS. It's like you're actively looking for things to be outraged about.

Never heard of her or 2 of the 3 sources you posted TS. It's like you're actively looking for things to be outraged about.

CBC is Canada's state run media outlet and this story went viral.

Nice try though.

Is that appropriate, though?

Just normatively, separating out ideology, do you think it's "appropriate" to care more about the death of your white neighbor than the death of your black neighbor? The death of your rich neighbor more than the death of your poor neighbor.

I think "natural" may have been the term you were really going for, but even then it's still objectionable.

Why are you trying to racialize this? I was very specific in not making this a bout race but here you are show horning it into the discussion.

I'm more referencing community and country as we all have a common interest.(or at least we're supposed to)

Why are you trying to racialize this? I was very specific in not making this a bout race but here you are show horning it into the discussion.

Huh...what? You honed in on the tweet talking about race ("whiteness") and economic status, and then you brought in the discussion of Canadians caring about tragedies in India.

I'm more referencing community and country as we all have a common interest.(or at least we're supposed to)

Okay, let's break this down:

(1) She said, whether correctly or incorrectly, these rich white kids are getting more attention than tragedies involving poor kids and nonwhite kids. All of these kids are members of the Canadian community, presumably.

(2) You responded to that by saying it's "appropriate" to care more about people you see as in your own group, which implies you see the rich white kids as more "your group" than the latter.

(3) I then asked whether it's "appropriate" to see white/rich Canadians as more a member of your group than poor/nonwhite Canadians, to which you responded "don't make this about race."

Huh...what? You honed in on the tweet talking about race ("whiteness") and economic status, and then you brought in the discussion of Canadians caring about tragedies in India.

Okay, let's break this down:

(1) She said, whether correctly or incorrectly, these rich white kids are getting more attention than tragedies involving poor kids and nonwhite kids. All of these kids are members of the Canadian community, presumably.

(2) You responded to that by saying it's "appropriate" to care more about people you see as in your own group, which implies you see the rich white kids as more "your group" than the latter.

(3) I then asked whether it's "appropriate" to see white/rich Canadians as more a member of your group than poor/nonwhite Canadians, to which you responded "don't make this about race."

The problem is that SHE racialized the discussion, clearly I and most Canadians found that offensive. You're suggesting it is me who is concerned with race no?

The problem is that SHE racialized the discussion, clearly I and most Canadians found that offensive. You're suggesting it is me who is concerned with race no?

No, I'm not suggesting that at all. She (Lareto) is very clearly the one concerned with race.

I'm suggesting that, if her contention has some empirical backing (which you seemed to concede by saying it's "appropriate" to care more about the in-group than out-group), it's worth having a separate discussion about that.

She started the discussion on race and class, and you can rightfully opine that it was distasteful to use this opportunity to do that, but you also seemed to (unless I am majorly misunderstanding your "appropriate" comment) suppose some level of truth in her assertion.

CBC is Canada's state run media outlet and this story went viral.

Nice try though.

I said 2 out of 3. I know CBC you goof.

And by "viral", you mean the neckbeards you follow on facebook.

I pumped this creatures name into the search function and nothing came up so I figured I'd start a thread on it. Basically this Canadian "journalist" tweeted that the whiteness and maleness of the victims is the real issue here with regards to the bus accident that killed so many people.

Here is the original tweet.

View attachment 371913

So what followed was a flurry of insults and rage directed at her and now SHES the victim lol. The leftist media feel that shes just misunderstood and recieving a disproportionate amount of backlash.
Here are some articles defending and rationalizing her behavior, one article references the "right wing" media in Canada. For you Americans that may not know, there is no right wing media in Canada lol.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/04/11/opinion/let-nora-loreto-have-her-say

http://rabble.ca/news/2018/04/backlash-against-nora-loreto-shows-canadas-ugly-side

Here's a headline by the CBC stating the "far right" are politicizing her tweet lol.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/theweekly/humboldt-broncos-tweet-sparks-outrage-online-1.4630697

Fuck this country is lost. I looked through her Twitter feed and this creature is one narcissistic sociopath. Possibly a full blown psychopath.

Here is the "right wing media" politicizing her comments!!!!

She was totally right in the original tweet.

Back