Social Canadian family who moved to Russia for a better life ready to come back

That's why we need to end the SWIFT system.

A 'Christian' family moved to Russia to escape 'LGBTQ, trans,' but now they're 'ready' to 'get out'

The patriarch of a right-wing Canadian family of 11 had had just about enough of gay people in his country. “We didn't feel safe for our children there in the future anymore,” father Arend Feenstra told Russian media. “There's a lot of left-wing ideology, LGBTQ, trans, just a lot of things that we don't agree with that they teach there now, and we wanted to get away from that for our children.”

Yeah, if there’s one place that’s just not safe for kids, it’s Canada. Russia would be soooo much safer.
So Arend (and wife Anneesa) sold everything they had to move to sunny Russia and raise eight of their nine kids with “orthodox” values. They also gladly took donations on their social media platform from fellow right-wingers, all so they could live in Vladimir Putin’s wonderland. Russian officials assured them that they would work with them to get them established, and even help them get a farm. They did all of this just three weeks ago; long story short, they lived happily ever after.

Except they didn’t.

First, according to the family, the Russian bank where they moved the proceeds from selling their farm and belongings? It immediately froze their assets. The amount of money seemed suspicious, Arend states in a Feb. 9 video. I guess it would, since so many Russians outside of Putin’s circle are dirt poor. As a result, the family didn’t have money to live on—apparently those nice Russian officials offering to help them had disappeared.

Since no one in the family speaks Russian, they’ve also had a bear of a time trying to argue for their money—because Russia doesn’t require any bank, or any business, to hire English translators. In the meantime, they discovered that Russia is a pretty damn miserable place to be right now.

TikTok user Ukrainian.Networking translated a Russian Federation Reported Media story in a snarky post.

The Russian reporter noted that Anneesa spoke her mind in a since-deleted video on the family’s “Countryside Acres” YouTube channel.

Hoooo boy. They just arrived and already she’s insulted Russia. Now, I’m not saying Russia doesn’t have freedom of the press, but it’s really just freedom to praise Putin and the country he controls. Anything that resembles criticism in Russia is NOT taken as kindly as it is in our godless Western dystopias. I’m also not suggesting that Russian officials paid the family a visit to remind them of where they are, but I will point out that Arend quickly posted an apology video to the Countryside Acres channel, saying that his wife misspoke and they’d deleted the video.

In that video, he reiterated that no, Russia is really, really great (subtext: “Please don’t push me out of a window”) and he spoke of his hope to resolve the issue with the bank. Commenters weren’t so sure, or kind. They pointed out that the bank will likely never release their funds and it is more likely that he will be recognized as a foreign agent.

At this point, I’m not sure the Countryside Acres farming gig is going to work out. Patriarch Arend should have agreed to be used as a tool for Russian state media. I mean, if you are going to be a Russian Asset, might as well go all-in.

I’m willing to bet that living in a country that grants gay people basic civil rights might not be looking so bad now. I was wondering if the family is desperately trying to split, so I looked up how difficult it is to leave Russia. According to the BBC, you can leave “as long as you have money and have not been called up to the army.

Even if only for his kids’ sakes, let’s hope Arend’s only lost his money.

------------------------

It's too bad the children are stuck with such stupid parents.

When they land in Canada they should be forced to live in a tent on the tarmac, while the kids are put in a good home with good parents lol.

Canada sucks and Russia sucks more, they must of lived in a bubble.

I don't know why you guys are being so negative. One of sherdog's finest successfully moved to Russia to escape America's degeneracy.

This was him before he moved. Look at how America was oppressing him. Such a fine upstanding citizen deserves to be among own people.

they would have been better off moving to some majority Muslim country. while Sharia law is extremely non-democratic, it is still some kind of law. and they hate lgbt. Russia on the other hand is ruled by Russian mob.

More right wingers should follow this guy and escape the scary wokeness of the west

56ecd3bb1d790f59b32d510497e939bb.jpg

I believe this man has the correct answer for these people.

More right wingers should follow this guy and escape the scary wokeness of the west
More Lefties should move there because it sounds like the Utopia they love..."Free Health care".

Do we have to take them back ? On a side note these people would probably make a hilarious reality show

More Lefties should move there because it sounds like the Utopia they love..."Free Health care".

Yeah brilliant take brainlet.
Leftists would move to a far right utopia because of "free healthcare". Definitely no other places in the world exist with better and cheaper healthcare than Russia... oh wait, every single western nation not called USA.

No shit lol our government may suck but it's very easy to just walk by a grown man in a dress and continue on with your day.

Once you pass that, It's a beautiful country in all 4 seasons, the women are good looking, weed is legal, lots to explore, hard work still pays. Ain't no way I would ever leave for Russia.

I wonder if there will be a significant number of Bigrants returning to their country of origin.

They are not enjoying the American dream. The criminals on the other hand might have it good working in lucrative jobs.

Back