No way Brock is fighting DC now. 250 PPV buys

But DC fans told me he was an equal or superior draw to Jon Jones?? What gives??

Brock gonna wait for Jon to destroy Gus then he’s gonna be stepping into Jon’s octagon. The true GOAT

Compared their ppv bouts in the last 5 years:

Jones vs Gustaffson 310k 2013
Jones vs Teixeira 350k 2015
Jones vs OSP 320k 2016

Cormier vs Johnson 375k 2015
Cormier vs Gustaffson 250k 2015
Cormier vs Johnson 2 300k 2017
Cormier vs Miocic 400k 2018

Pretty equal

Buncha kids seem super worried about ppv buys in here? Kinda like the fights are a distant second...

By that logic, shouldn't you be watching a sport that pulls in way more cash than the ufc, like the nfl or Bundesliga or F1 or something?

Fuckin lmao

catch ya later, nerds

But DC fans told me he was an equal or superior draw to Jon Jones?? What gives??

Brock gonna wait for Jon to destroy Gus then he’s gonna be stepping into Jon’s octagon. The true GOAT
I'd hope Gus wins. Can't stand JBJ. That said, the fight I most wanna watch is Brock/JBJ

Buncha kids seem super worried about ppv buys in here? Kinda like the fights are a distant second...

By that logic, shouldn't you be watching a sport that pulls in way more cash than the ufc, like the nfl or Bundesliga or F1 or something?

Fuckin lmao

catch ya later, nerds

You do realize that Dana and WME care more about Ppv buys than fights? Ufc is entertainment now

Jones already beat dc clean...unless you're forgetting their first fight. and don't give me this "well, usada wasn't here yet" that is a mute point...jones never tested positive for that fight..therefore, if you guys can try and say jon is always a cheat, cause of one failed test, I can say he didn't cheat, cause of a non failed test...regardless if usada was around or not.
The first fight had the ultra suspicious t/e ratio

Cain 2.0, better wrestler, better striker, won't get outmuscled. And now we see that even as double champ he can't pull his weight PPV wise. So, Brock has to carry the whole card? Nah. It aint happening.
Dc and jav both admit Cain is the superior fighter and gets the better of dc and everyone in sparring so eat my ass with this Cain 2.0

~DaVid~

It wasn't clean.

Jon' s test results came back with "highly unlikely" results.

The commissioner said he was going to look further into it.

The beast needs to fight Jones, that's a way bigger fight and DC is on his way out. A fight with Brock will only elevate Jon Jones's star power. If he wins that is, which I hope he does not.

Suplex city motherfuckers

This has become such a shit show. It's unbelievable

You do realize that Dana and WME care more about Ppv buys than fights? Ufc is entertainment now

Honestly, I don't much care what they care about... why should I?

There's always somewhere to watch a good fight... if it's all about entertainment now, then keep it entertaining in the cage... otherwise I'll move along and find something else

.......and vice-versa judging by recent numbers.
We will have to see how Jones vs Gus does, it’s an important fight. Jones coming back still virtually undefeated and still young already has interest and he has the perfect opponent. Jones is the A side against any LHW or any HW not named Brock.

Jones vs OSP 320k 2016

Pretty equal

Now this is true MMA Math.

Jones vs OSP 320k 2016

Pretty equal
Well one hit 400k and also has the second highest.

So I feel like DC is the better draw.

Brock isn't a pussy. He already called him out, he will fight.

Cain 2.0, better wrestler, better striker, won't get outmuscled. And now we see that even as double champ he can't pull his weight PPV wise. So, Brock has to carry the whole card? Nah. It aint happening.
All Brock has to do to "carry the whole card" is sign a contract, I doubt that really affects his decision to much at all really.

Why?

Brock came back to fight Mark Hunt, whose only ppv main was like 190k buys...

Brock doesn't care about hyping the fight or building his brand or his reputation or legacy, just pay the man and he will show up. It really doesn't matter who he fights, there are no big draws at hw right now. If not DC then who?

Brock x Jon would sell WAY WAY MORE than Cormier x Brock

Jon Jones is not that Conor/Ronda type of Draw, but he sells like Anderson... He can sell like 600K easily. With Brock, they could be reaching like 1.2mi PPV

Back