No way Brock is fighting DC now. 250 PPV buys

Brock will fight Jon Jones I believe. This is a bigger fight, the fans want it
It is a bigger fight but Jones is timid like Lesnar. Not going to happen. The PPVs for Jones's first HW fight would be extreme, Lesnar or not, but he's too chicken. Throw more money at him but it won't deliver him from the overwhelming fear.

Brock fighting for the belt is the draw. He fought mark hunt in his last fight.

Unfortunately DC has pretty much no real fans. People only "like" him because they hate Jones

Brock fighting for the belt is the draw. He fought mark hunt in his last fight.

Brock will probably fight Jones. Its the biggest money fight to make for him

.......and vice-versa judging by recent numbers.

Not really. Jones lowest card ever still did way more then 250k. Jones has pulled big numbers without DC. Unfortunately no one ever even talks about DC unless its to take a jab at Jones

Lesnar has no chance of beating DC but if the UFC threw 10 million in his face he will show up and take his beating to collect the cheque

Not really. Jones lowest card ever still did way more then 250k. Jones has pulled big numbers without DC. Unfortunately no one ever even talks about DC unless its to take a jab at Jones

310k.......way more!

JJ's last 5:

7. UFC 165 Jones vs. Gustafsson 21 September 2013 Air Canada Centre Toronto, Ontario, Canada 310,000
8. UFC 172 Jones vs. Teixeira 26 April 2014 Royal Farms Arena Baltimore, Maryland, U.S. 350,000
9. UFC 182 Jones vs. Cormier 3 January 2015 MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. 800,000
10. UFC 197 Jones vs. Saint Preux 23 April 2016 MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. 322,000
11. UFC 214 Cormier vs. Jones 2 29 July 2017 Honda Center Anaheim, California, U.S. 860,000

-Jones does well with the right dance partner, but cannot bring in big numbers by himself like GSP, Brock, Ronda and Connor have.

Maybe people aren't as interested in DC's retirement tour as he thinks they are.

<36>

Once against fucking OSP dude. And it was 320k not 250k...

Black Beast was waaaay more recognizeable than OSP to casuals coming off the Volkov KO and hot balls
$15,500,000 PPV revenue
UFC_165_poster.jpg

$16,250,000 PPV revenue
UFC_230_Poster.png

And Cormier/Lewis only had 4 weeks of promotion due to it being short notice.

$15,500,000 PPV revenue
UFC_165_poster.jpg

$16,250,000 PPV revenue
UFC_230_Poster.png

And Cormier/Lewis only had 4 weeks of promotion due to it being short notice.
Jones vs Gus 310k (when Gus was an unknown bum to casuals)

Cormier vs Gus 250k (after Gus was already established as the man to push Jones the hardest)

Cormier vs Gus 250k (after Gus was already established as the man to push Jones the hardest)
The PPVs I compared both cost a different amount, hence why I cited revenue, try again.

And that Cormier/Gus fight was with Gus coming off a loss...seriously? <Lmaoo>

The PPVs I compared both cost a different amount, hence why I cited revenue, try again.

And that Cormier/Gus fight was with Gus coming off a loss...seriously? <Lmaoo>
And no one knew Gus existed when he fought Jones....

Facts are they both have one common PPV headliner... Gus. And Jones/Gus outsold Cormier/Gus despite Gus being established when he faced Cormier.

You honestly believe Jones vs Stipe wouldn’t have outsold the 380k that Stipe vs DC did? Delusional <45>

So you're saying they are both not particularly good draws unless they have the right opponent?

Agreed.

So you're saying they are both not particularly good draws unless they have the right opponent?

Agreed.
Gus was nobody when he fought Jones

Gus was established as the man who arguably beat Jones to some people when he fought DC

Let’s see what the Jones/Gus rematch does. Something tells me it blows 250k out of the water. Just a good guess

Gus was nobody when he fought Jones

Gus was established as the man who arguably beat Jones to some people when he fought DC

Let’s see what the Jones/Gus rematch does. Something tells me it blows 250k out of the water. Just a good guess

I'm not saying DC is a big draw.....I'm saying JJ hasn't proven to a particularly big draw, unless he has the right opponent. Rashad v Rampage did far better than JJ v Rampage or JJ v Rashad, for example.

JJ has proven to be a solid draw (a little better than DC, yes), but nowhere near GSP, Brock, Connor or even Ronda.

Due to circumstances of course Gus v JJ 2 will do good business. It'll be more interesting to see how JJ v Anthony Smith will do.

But DC fans told me he was an equal or superior draw to Jon Jones?? What gives??

Brock gonna wait for Jon to destroy Gus then he’s gonna be stepping into Jon’s octagon. The true GOAT

Who claimed that DC was a bigger draw?

I mean sure he's a superior draw to DC, but he's still a far-cry from being some kind of big PPV seller. He still does shit numbers when not paired with a strong dance partner.

Gus. And Jones/Gus outsold Cormier/Gus despite Gus being established when he faced Cormier.

You honestly believe Jones vs Stipe wouldn’t have outsold the 380k that Stipe vs DC did? Delusional 45
Nine months prior, Gustafsson got finished by Johnson, you're using a false equivalency.
WmjcF5a.gif

There's also the caveat that UFC 230 came off the heels of the largest selling PPV in UFC history (Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor).

And since you're moving the goal post (by bringing up Jones/Miocic), I'll remind you of the original topic: you made an absolute statement that Jones has only done one low buyrate, which I disproved with the fact that Jones/Gustafsson generated less revenue than Cormier/Lewis.
Once against fucking OSP dude.

Want to keep digging that hole? <Lmaoo>

Back