No small joint manipulation/Aikido in UFC?

Small joints are fingers and toes. You really want to see someone snap someone's finger like a twig?

Its called "Ultimate Fighting Championship" and not " kickboxing, wrestling and bjj championship"

I found this Segal vid to be quite impressive. Then again, he is gigantic with massive hands and his attackers are manlets:

It's not a combat sport. Period.

I took a semester of Aikido when I was a black belt in TKD and found the experience unsatisfying. It's awkward and complicated, and the learning curve is steep. Compare this to my good friend who is also a black belt in TKD and just started no-gi BJJ. He loves it and it immediately made sense. Same with my non-MA stepson who is big and strong. Loved it! Focus on just a basic move at a time. Very tiring though, or so I'm told.

I manipulate small joints, big joints, blunts, bongs, bowls, and vapes.
im-so-high-i-dont-know-whats-going-on-right-now.jpg

Am i doing this right?

Its called "Ultimate Fighting Championship" and not " kickboxing, wrestling and bjj championship"
It's called the Ultimate Fighting Championship in the context of being a sport, and not some B-movie secret fight to the death competition on an island a short boat ride from Hong Kong.

The best thing you can do for self defense is not be an asshole or spend time around assholes.

Aikido small joint manipulation is inferior to jiujutsu small joint manipulation.. because it is a nominally peaceful jiujutsu derivative. Aikido was heavily influenced by the post-war ban on fight training, much like light beer is still around because of prohibition.

I'll drink Miller, but I also will admit that it is exactly what it is, and not some super secret special "champagne of beers", that is blatantly incoherent false advertising.

I'm not going through 6 pages and 3+ years of posts, but there is a guy on YouTube who has basically answered your question as an aikido master of his own school.

check out his videos as he comes to the realization that aikido doesnt do some of the things it purports to do. Sorry if this has already been posted, like I said, not reading 6 necro pages.

Dude, you want people to be permanently disabled and fans only to see their fighters fight 1 time, and then retire????

That's why they made rules for MMA. It is a competition, not a fight to the death.
An Aikido practitioner even with small joint manipulation still wouldn't be able to do little shit

So I just got done training with a gentlemen who is well versed in Aikido as well as Chin Na and we started talking about mma and why mma doesn't accept aikido.

So he told me that Aikido addresses small joint locking as well as restraining opponents in closed space area like in a hallway or a narrow space that doesn't allow the practioner to get in to a fighting stance since according to him, the martial arts that encompesses mma are only applicable in open spaces.

Now I am wondering if he has a point and that Aikido is infact a good martial arts in general?

Also, I was looking at the ufc page and there are some funny rules and they wrote "thereferee" which I assume it should be "the referee" fyi letting you know its not my quoting...

http://www.ufc.ca/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations
Aikido= Bullshido

Aikido was proven to be useless.
In CQC situation most attackers would still throw punches or grapple, not run at you with one hand up

List of things to do in a real fight

i.Butting with the head
ii.Eye gouging of any kind
iii.Biting
iv.Spitting at an opponent
v.Hair pulling
vi.Fish hooking
vii.Groin attacks of any kind
viii.Putting a finger into any orifice or any cut or laceration of an opponent
ix.Small joint manipulation
x.Striking downward using the point of the elbow
xi.Striking to the spine or the back of the head
xii.Kicking to the kidney with a heel
xiii.Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea
xiv.Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh
xv.Grabbing the clavicle
xvi.Kicking the head of a grounded opponent
xvii.Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent
xviii.Stomping a grounded opponent
xix.Holding the fence
xx.Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent
xxi.Using abusive language in fenced ring/fighting area
xxii.Engaging in any unsportsmanlike conduct that causes injury to an opponent
xxiii.Attacking an opponent on or during the break
xxiv.Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee
xxv.Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the round
xxvi.Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury
xxvii.Throwing opponent out of ring/fighting area
xxviii.Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee
xxix.Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck
xxx.Interference by the corner
xxxi.Applying any foreign substance to the hair or body to gain an advantage

Aikido is just too effective

Mma isn't true fighting, none of these guys beat a prime Seagal

Wrist locks are legit as fuck in nogi submission and are availible from many, many positions.

The problem in MMA is you tape your wrist so that it doesnt bend past that point. But I think they could still be pulled off if you have the arm pinned good enough. Especially when people are defending a triangle choke, I find that a great time to wrist lock that ass.

Steven Seagal would’ve discredited the whole sport before it could take off if it were legal

I'm not going through 6 pages and 3+ years of posts, but there is a guy on YouTube who has basically answered your question as an aikido master of his own school.

check out his videos as he comes to the realization that aikido doesnt do some of the things it purports to do. Sorry if this has already been posted, like I said, not reading 6 necro pages.

He seems quite taken to mma now. Seen more of his recent stuff.

Arts that don't let you practice against live resistance, do not work against trained fighters. That simple.

Dude, you want people to be permanently disabled and fans only to see their fighters fight 1 time, and then retire????

That's why they made rules for MMA. It is a competition, not a fight to the death.
BJ and I quote "Georges, I am going to go to the death"

Back