Nirvana or Led Zepplin who is >

Discussion in 'Music Discussion (BAM'S Bieberverse)' started by Agent Mulder's Hair, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Plissken

Plissken Silver Belt

Prefer Nirvana for consistency and being more raw and experimental. LZ from Physical Graffiti and on wasn't really my thing, but their first four albums were fantastic.

2. LEWIS540

LEWIS540 .

Biggest take away from this thread is that a lot of supposedly big LZ fans can't even spell the band name right.

fonzob1 likes this.
  3. HeirApparent

HeirApparent E.S.A.L

Lol Nirvana isn't even the best band in their own era

4. fonzob1

fonzob1 Red Belt

Nirvana since Zeppelin sucks anus.

5. moreorless87

moreorless87 In The Zone

Its maybe not pushed as a popular viewpoint but I actually think that GnR's initial rise helped set things in the direction of Grunge, still had a lot of the hair metal look but a lot more punky energy rather than the overly polished stuff like Poison. That Nirvana and Pearl Jam took off so much in 91 was IMHO partly that GnR returned with a much more polished/bloated stadium rock style and fans moved on.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018 at 5:46 AM
  6. MrFeeny

MrFeeny Purple Belt

They are both great, and I will catch slack for this, but Nirvana's sound is much more relevant now than Led Zep's is. Cobain off'd himself 24 years ago, and they still play Nirvana all the time on the modern radio stations. Only place you'd hear led zep is the classic rock station. For example, my brother is in high school- Nirvana a is still quite popular amongst the youth. I asked him about Zep and a few other classic bands, and he says nobody besides the kids really into classic rock care about them. Keep in my mind my brother is a dumbshit, but that's what he told me.

7. TeTe

TeTe Troll Whisperer Staff Member Senior Moderator

Zeppelin for sure