Nirvana or Led Zepplin who is >

How do you even compare the two????? lol
If I had to say though Nirvana was the better band,but Zeppelin had a better musician in Paige.

But seriously how do you compare this

To this lol

Are Led Zepplin a tribute band?

If you want to say you like Nirvana more fine, but objectionably it is not even a close contest as to which was "better".

Last edited:

Although Dave Grohl and JPJ did do an album together that is really good.

Nirvana for short period of time changed the musical landscape. Just imagine if Cobain lived to his prime, just imagine that.
if he lived the band would've broken up eventually and David Grohl would still be the only decent musician in that band. The best thing Kurt ever did music wise was off himself before he turned into a hack.

They both stole songs.

But I'm going to go with Zeppelin.

Way better.

Nirvana for short period of time changed the musical landscape. Just imagine if Cobain lived to his prime, just imagine that.

He would have made more shitty music.

damn what kind of weirdos would say nirvana? that shit gets old fast and is an inch deep.

both are trash but led zepplin has more catchy songs. nirvana isn't even the best band from their state

Zep loses some points for some pretty blatant plagiarism.
I was basically trying to rip off the Pixies. I have to admit it. When I heard the Pixies for the first time, I connected with that band so heavily that I should have been in that band—or at least a Pixies cover band. -Kurt Cobain 1994

Led Zeppelin by a wide margin.
Yeah this isn't really a fair contest. Led Zep all day.

That's like asking us our favorite Beatle between Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr. Paul by armbar, by the way.

that being said Nirvana changed the entire course of music in their time and harkened in a new era....without ever trying to be famous

Nirvana went largely unnoticed in the UK.

Nowadays everyone sings the praises of Nirvana being this revolutionary band when that was far from the truth. Pearl Jam were a much bigger band than Nirvana at the time and Ten is an infinitely better record than Nevermind

Led Zeppelin is the GOAT rock band. Nirvana, while a very good band in their own right, weren't even the best band from their generation in their own city, Alice in Chains absolutely blows them away. Also, their song Come As You Are is a much more blatant example of note-for-note plagiarism than anything Led Zeppelin ever did.

Wait... this is actually a SERIOUS thread?

Fuck this gay earth.

this is true....but then Jimmy didnt have the amount of charisma that Kurt had in his pinky finger

Zepplin all the way and its not even a fair contest lol

that being said Nirvana changed the entire course of music in their time and harkened in a new era....without ever trying to be famous
Jimmy Page wasn't even the frontman, so he didn't really need charisma, regardless of whether you and I subjectively think he had it or not. Robert Plant had charisma in spades, much more than Kurt, IMHO. Kurt was kinda emo and effeminate. Plant was an alpha male who was hung like a horse and had all the girls chasing him. Kurt was a male feminist who let his bitch call all the shots and possibly was even killed by her, or at least she had him killed.

And while Kurt was the frontman and had plenty of charisma in his own way, arguably his drummer Dave Grohl had just as much, if not more, than he did based on his successful career after Kurt died. Grohl was certainly a superior musical talent, with his drum skills on top of being a technically better singer and guitarist. Kurt was pretty sloppy, especially live, while Dave keeps it tight and puts on a hell of a live show. He even kept the show running after he broke his leg during a live show. I kinda doubt emo Kurt could have done that.

Page didn't have charisma? come again?

Personally what I love about the band live is that they really played on a wing and prayer, not your typical slick metal guitarist but always pushing it to the limit to the degree songs sound like they could fly apart at any moment. The result is IMHO more akin to the likes of Hendrix or Springsteen rather than a lot of the staler monster rock acts of the era.

Last edited:
Page didn't have charisma? come again?

Personally what I love about the band live is that they really played on a wing and prayer, not your typical slick metal guitarist but always pushing it to the limit to the degree songs sound like they could fly apart at any moment. The result is IMHO more akin to the likes of Hendrix or Springsteen rather than a lot of the staler monster rock acts of the era.

Yep. Also, a lot of his charisma was behind the scenes since he wasn't the frontman, but behind the scenes there was no doubt who the leader of the band was. On their last studio album before Bonzo died, Jimmy stepped back a bit because he was burned out, and the music really suffered. Not only was he the best songwriting guitarist, but he was an underrated producer, what he did on songs like When The Levee Breaks to achieve that sound was incredibly innovative.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back