NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v2: Nintendo's Big Comeback Starter Pack

I also do not believe that the hype is dying down yet. U still cannot easily find a system easily. GameStop is only selling bundles as of now because the demand is that hot. I have never heard of this before ever for a console. Rep I spoke to said he has no idea when they'll ever get systems in the near future and recommend just ordering a bundle online.

Personally I am buying games for this system at a faster pace than any of my other systems (excluding steam sales on x-mas). About to buy disgaea 5, and arms and splatoon in the horizon. I travel a lot and I like having gaming choices apparently. A good mix of indie and AAA games...

I was being sarcastic about the hype dying down, being that I still can't find one.

The thing is that I have a $270 credit to use on Dell.com, so I want to wait until they have it in stock, rather than spend out of pocket.

I was being sarcastic about the hype dying down, being that I still can't find one.

The thing is that I have a $270 credit to use on Dell.com, so I want to wait until they have it in stock, rather than spend out of pocket.

Makes sense. Make sure to check that credit doesn't expire or see if there's a way to convert it to cash or something.

ah didn't catch the sarcasm..

I can't believe dell is selling Nintendo stuff honestly. had to check on their site to confirm. not sure if this should worry you but I browsed through their site and they are not selling the console. Games, controllers and accessories yes. and they will list that it its temporarily out of stock if they don't have any but there is no listing for the Switch console at all... :/

Makes sense. Make sure to check that credit doesn't expire or see if there's a way to convert it to cash or something.

ah didn't catch the sarcasm..

I can't believe dell is selling Nintendo stuff honestly. had to check on their site to confirm. not sure if this should worry you but I browsed through their site and they are not selling the console. Games, controllers and accessories yes. and they will list that it its temporarily out of stock if they don't have any but there is no listing for the Switch console at all... :/

Can't really check well since I'm on my phone, but yeah I didn't see much about the console. Maybe give it a bit more time, but if not consider using the credit to buy stuff like the pro-controller and extra joy-cons.

I must say that with the Monster Hunter XX announcement coming to the Switch, it might be enough to pay for their online service. I was originally thinking the Switch would be mostly single player Nintendo type games, or multiplayer with the family. I already pay for PS+ and Xbox Live, so was planning on keeping my online play there, but damn do I love me some Monster Hunter. It's a point of pride do be able to do any hunt solo, but going in with a team makes end game farming ssssoooo much faster.

I must say that with the Monster Hunter XX announcement coming to the Switch, it might be enough to pay for their online service. I was originally thinking the Switch would be mostly single player Nintendo type games, or multiplayer with the family. I already pay for PS+ and Xbox Live, so was planning on keeping my online play there, but damn do I love me some Monster Hunter. It's a point of pride do be able to do any hunt solo, but going in with a team makes end game farming ssssoooo much faster.

never got into monster hunter but after seeing a bit of gameplay I am really intrigued. I am assuming they are going to improve the graphics from the DS version to make it Switch worthy?...

never got into monster hunter but after seeing a bit of gameplay I am really intrigued. I am assuming they are going to improve the graphics from the DS version to make it Switch worthy?...

I imagine so, since that's what they did with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the 3DS and ported to the Wii U. While the 3DS version looks great for a hand held, the Wii U version was much better graphically.

The jump from MH3U to MH4U on the 3DS was more mechanics than anything else, and then MH4U to MH4XX where mechanics again. MH4XX was actually disappointing sales wise since fans thought they didn't change enough for another purchase. I would imagine watching MH3U gameplay from the Wii U would be a pretty good representation of what MH4XX is going to look like on the Switch. I guess there is a Monster Hunter event on the 27th, so we should hear more tomorrow.

I loved MH4U on the 3DS, but my hands would cramp from playing to long so I didn't dive into the end game content and never touched MH4 Generations when it came state side. So I'm REALLY looking forward to playing MH4XX on my TV with the Switch Pro Controller. Tablet mode on the Switch is still light years beyond the 3DS in comfort, so handheld mode will still be great.

Here are the times for the Global Testpunch for the weekend starting tonight.

ElnxH4GOobwkI3SIuXxmEFtkr0jYPX7x1WA6p6BXfzQ.png

You're going to want the online service for Splatoon 2. Trust me. Going off the rumors it'll be cheap compared to Sony/Microsoft's online services. It'll be worth it for a lot of games going forward. Eventually there will be a Switch Pokemon and Switch Mario Party games.

How is Monster Hunter? Never played one but have always been curious about them. They look pretty fun, but I tend to like playing action RPG games like that solo and not multiplayer. Are the games similar to God Eater? I've played those two games and really liked them.

So, my roommate got a Switch but the only game he has for it is Zelda.

I am interested but personally wouldn't purchase until Super Smash Bros or Mario were to drop is there any update on those two IPs?

So, my roommate got a Switch but the only game he has for it is Zelda.

I am interested but personally wouldn't purchase until Super Smash Bros or Mario were to drop is there any update on those two IPs?

Mario comes out in the Fall Seasons for the Western Hemisphere. Smash is DEFINITELY coming at some point and MK8D is already out.

Global Testpunch is out and I can safely say this game is gonna be fucking MASSIVE when it drops. Now for the issues. I'm REALLY not feeling the team fights since you're tethered to your teammate which feels awkward as fuck. Blocking with the joy-cons is also a bitch and half the time I do the grab instead of actually blocking which screws me over royally, but that's nothing that using the pro-controller or switching to the joy-cons on the controller wont fix. But yeah, this game is gonna be fucking BIG I can tell. Also, I need to get the main menu theme for this game it's Splatoon levels of catchy and just has that beat and vibe that gets you PUMPED UP!

Edit: Forgot to mention, for the Testpunch it's random setups so sadly you can't just pick 1v1 fights if you're so inclined.

You're going to want the online service for Splatoon 2. Trust me. Going off the rumors it'll be cheap compared to Sony/Microsoft's online services. It'll be worth it for a lot of games going forward. Eventually there will be a Switch Pokemon and Switch Mario Party games.

How is Monster Hunter? Never played one but have always been curious about them. They look pretty fun, but I tend to like playing action RPG games like that solo and not multiplayer. Are the games similar to God Eater? I've played those two games and really liked them.

I tried to get into Splatoon on the Wii U, but just couldn't do it. FPS games have never been my thing, and even though this is team 3rd person shooter type, I'm more of an RPG guy.

As for Monster Hunter, God Eater is considerd a Monster Hunter clone similar to games trying to ride the coat tails in the Soulsborn genre. It's slower paced than the God Eater games, but you have to use a ton more strategy and planning in your fights. Like in the Dark Souls games, when fighting big hunts it's all about positioning, pattern recognition, and not getting greedy with your attacks. The crafting and stat boost system is one of the best on the market.

I prefer playing Monster Hunter solo because you get to learn all of the ins and outs of the boss fights where multiplayer can turn into a spam fest, but when farming for rare materials I like to play multiplayer to speed item drops up. When playing solo you can gather little cat followers that boost your stats, can heal you, and add some extra attack muscle.

I tried to get into Splatoon on the Wii U, but just couldn't do it. FPS games have never been my thing, and even though this is team 3rd person shooter type, I'm more of an RPG guy.

As for Monster Hunter, God Eater is considerd a Monster Hunter clone similar to games trying to ride the coat tails in the Soulsborn genre. It's slower paced than the God Eater games, but you have to use a ton more strategy and planning in your fights. Like in the Dark Souls games, when fighting big hunts it's all about positioning, pattern recognition, and not getting greedy with your attacks. The crafting and stat boost system is one of the best on the market.

I prefer playing Monster Hunter solo because you get to learn all of the ins and outs of the boss fights where multiplayer can turn into a spam fest, but when farming for rare materials I like to play multiplayer to speed item drops up. When playing solo you can gather little cat followers that boost your stats, can heal you, and add some extra attack muscle.

Understandable. I recommend giving Splatoon 2 another shot when it comes out, but if it's not your thing then nothing you can do about it. It's looking like the sequel will have a bigger, more expansive singleplayer story.

I think I'll give MH on the Switch a try. It'll be fun playing the game alone for the story and battles then teaming up with friends to pass time or farm materials.

Gameplay footage out for Monster Hunter XX for the Switch and a Japan release date of 8/25. It's a port from the 3DS so it doesn't look stunning like BotW did, but it's still a big improvement over the 3DS. As I said earlier it looks like it will look/play similar to the port of MH3U for the Wii U, which I'm totally happy with because I spent an ungodly amount of time with MH3U.

Diggin the Bravely Default vibes from this game.

Back