Nintendo Discontinues NES Classic Edition Mini Console

Who cares just get a raspberrypi. Overpriced crap.

I might pick up a SNES model if they ever release it and with proper sized cables. Then just hack it like @TheWorm did.
Don't worry, you won't get a SNES mini either. Then you can call it overpriced crap too.

So @BVG, have you considered getting an original NES?

I got one on the weekend! Just took her apart and cleaned and re alligned the 72 pin connector!

Now I'm on the hunt for some used games that I'm after!

I thought i wanted a mini nes because the games were so good. then i realized i've had all nintendo systems through emulation for many many years and i haven't played much of that. i want to want an mini nes, but really all it is, is a nice piece of kit. Ugh growing old fucking Suuuuuucks.

Nintendo must hate money.

They were making an absolute killing off this thing.

Just one more dumb decision. Next they'll just make another wii u instead of a proper conso- oh wait.

If true, it's going to be even harder to find than the NES.

Damn. Missed investment opportunity.

So the real reason the NES classic production was cancelled was because they are planning on making the SNES classic for a Christmas release this year:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04...rtedly-release-snes-classic-edition-this-year

you can all lose your shit now...

Not sure what to think of this, whether I am interested or not. On the one hand I really like my NES classic, so a SNES classic would probably be fun too. On the other hand, I never had a SNES growing up like I did with an original Nintendo, so there's no nostalgia factor for me with respect to any of those games. But at the same time this would be my opportunity to catch up on all the SNES games that I never got to play back in the day.

Not sure what to think of this, whether I am interested or not. On the one hand I really like my NES classic, so a SNES classic would probably be fun too. On the other hand, I never had a SNES growing up like I did with an original Nintendo, so there's no nostalgia factor for me with respect to any of those games. But at the same time this would be my opportunity to catch up on all the SNES games that I never got to play back in the day.
Even without the nostalgia, you should play the games. It's one of the best game consoles eva!

Sega should get partner with them to release a Dreamcast classic

You don't need nostalgia. Unlike the NES, most classic SNES games have aged wonderfully. A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, and Super Metroid are still top 10 all time for most people.

If the SNES mini comes out I'll be at the store doors waiting to get in before opening. Lol. Learned from my failure to obtain the NES mini ):

Meh just emulate it with a comp. just need a bit of research and effort and you can play every single games on nes snes GameCube etc...

I'd pay 60-80 for it but no more...

i will not confirm nor deny that i have every nes, snes, sega, and atari game on my phone. ;)

Meh. I still have my NES from childhood that still works and all the games I want for it. I'll just continue being an old man about it.

Got mine with 100 games loaded on it.

I actually have a collection of NM/VG SNES games, but I'll probably get the SNES mini as well.

Snes could be an instant buy, the library on that console was glorious.

I dont understand the hype for this or the snes one... 2 buffalo USB controllers for about 30 bucks total, a raspberry pi and everything you need for another $60... after setting it up (plenty of tutorials on youtube), you are 1 short download away from having every console game ever made.

Back