Nintendo Discontinues NES Classic Edition Mini Console

250? When I hacked mine I put on an additional 53 or 54 (meaning I have 83 or 84 games total). I limited it to that because I thought that the hackers had figured it could only handle about 96 games max. That's not the case? Is yours working OK still? Have you had any problems getting any of the games to work?

That is not the case. Granted, I've only had mine since Monday and only a couple days "hacked", but every game has worked flawlessly thus far, and nothing leads me to believe it will change.

The ROM set that I have [Cylum's NES ROM set (highly recommend)] has each game as a .zip. The Hakchi program that I used to dump the original kernel / flash new kernel supports these .zip file types without issue. Likewise, with the games I've installed (original 30 + the additional), I'm only using 49MB out of the 300MB capacity available. In fact, the the entirety of the 700 game ROM set is only 67.5MB. I just didn't want Barbie, Fisher Price games, etc, amongst others that I left out.

Anyhow, performed the same routine on my coworkers and his is functioning properly as well. This includes save states, menu features, etc for the original games as well as the new ones.

That is not the case. Granted, I've only had mine since Monday and only a couple days "hacked", but every game has worked flawlessly thus far, and nothing leads me to believe it will change.

The ROM set that I have [Cylum's NES ROM set (highly recommend)] has each game as a .zip. The Hakchi program that I used to dump the original kernel / flash new kernel supports these .zip file types without issue. Likewise, with the games I've installed (original 30 + the additional), I'm only using 49MB out of the 300MB capacity available. In fact, the the entirety of the 700 game ROM set is only 67.5MB. I just didn't want Barbie, Fisher Price games, etc, amongst others that I left out.

Anyhow, performed the same routine on my coworkers and his is functioning properly as well. This includes save states, menu features, etc for the original games as well as the new ones.

I wonder where the idea came from that it could only hold 96. Damn it, I could have added way more.

I wonder where the idea came from that it could only hold 96. Damn it, I could have added way more.

I'm not sure - I believe that was the general consensus early on and possibly had to do with the file types of the ROM set you were using.

The good news, however, is that you can dump your 'custom' kernel with 96 games, and create a second custom kernel with the newly acquired ROM set. I believe it's the exact same process as flashing an unmodified Classic. I've seen people on Youtube go from early versions of the Hakchi program to newly revised versions, and this process requires dumping the old (custom) kernel. Therefore, I believe you could add games through the same method.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back