Nintendo Discontinues NES Classic Edition Mini Console

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
nes-classic-edition-box.png

http://abc7.com/technology/nes-classic-mini-console-discontinued/1873186/

This is some bullshit. Now, the only way I can get one is if I pay some scalper $300.

That stupid little system has like 5 good games and the rest are un known.

I just got my hands on my buddies 1985 Nintendo and am in the process of cleaning up the pin connector as everything still works great!

Now I just need to get the games.

I'd never get that dumb little shit console, nostalgia all the way!

That stupid little system has like 5 good games and the rest are un known.

I just got my hands on my buddies 1985 Nintendo and am in the process of cleaning up the pin connector as everything still works great!

Now I just need to get the games.

I'd never get that dumb little shit console, nostalgia all the way!
I consider at least these games to be good:

1.) Super Mario Bros.
2.) Super Mario Bros. 2
3.) Super Mario Bros. 3
4.) Legend of Zelda
5.) Ninja Gaiden
6.) Super C
7.) Metroid
8.) Punch Out
9.) Castlevania
10.) Mega Man 2
11.) Double Dragon 2
12.) Donkey Kong
13.) Donkey Jr.
14.) Pacman
15.) Kirby's Adventure
16.) Dr. Mario
17.) Final Fantasy

Meh just emulate it with a comp. just need a bit of research and effort and you can play every single games on nes snes GameCube etc...

I'd pay 60-80 for it but no more...

If you bought it with the purpose of using it, and not keeping it sealed as the limited collector's item it was clearly meant to be from the outset, you're kind of dumb.

You wanna play Nintendo games? You can do it for free. Want an NES? Get one off Ebay for $1. The only people who should be upset about this, are collectors who missed out. If you still want one for that purpose, I'd suggest eating the extra cost from a dealer online and grab it now. This thing is only going to go up in value.

I have one, but at retail price from a local ebgames (GameStop ) after a lot of persistent checking back frequently over about 3 months. Hacked it to add about 50 more games to the 30 it already came with.

I haven't owned a pc for a few years, so emulators arent right for me, so the classic is honestly a great option for me to play these old games again after all these years.

Now that I see how restricted this release is going to be I am really glad that me and my older brothers were able to secure ones for ourselves.

Given the crazy demand, they should have milked the shit out of it.

I wonder if it has to do with the impending release of virtual console on the switch

I consider at least these games to be good:

1.) Super Mario Bros.
2.) Super Mario Bros. 2
3.) Super Mario Bros. 3
4.) Legend of Zelda
5.) Ninja Gaiden
6.) Super C
7.) Metroid
8.) Punch Out
9.) Castlevania
10.) Mega Man 2
11.) Double Dragon 2
12.) Donkey Kong
13.) Donkey Jr.
14.) Pacman
15.) Kirby's Adventure
16.) Dr. Mario
17.) Final Fantasy

Pacman is meh but the rest are absolutely classic.

But that's 16 games! 300 bucks for 16 game limit and controllers with small cords. Fuck that.

I just got my hands on an original NES system. Now I get to enjoy whatever games out of their extremly large list of games that I'd like to play.

Games not on that list like

- all the mega man's
- battletoads
- ghost n goblins
- ikari warrios
- all the castlevania's
- metal gear

just to name a few!

Why would you spend 300 bucks to limit yourself to 16 games on a console that has over 700?!

But that's 16 games! 300 bucks for 16 game limit and controllers with small cords. Fuck that.

I just got my hands on an original NES system. Now I get to enjoy whatever games out of their extremly large list of games that I'd like to play.

- all the mega man's
- battletoads
- ghost n goblins
- ikari warrios
- all the castlevania's
- metal gear

just to name a few!

Why would you spend 300 bucks to limit yourself to 16 games on a console that has over 700?!
I don't plan on spending $300. Relax. lol

- all the mega man's
- battletoads
- ghost n goblins
- ikari warrios
- all the castlevania's
- metal gear

just to name a few!

I paid $60. No idea what you're talking about.

Nintendo is pretty retarded. They made a bunch of scalpers a ton of money and pissed off a bunch of people.

bet they'll release it again during the holidays

and with that news, the scalpers are probably fapping uncontrollably

I wanted one, but I already have everything on a modded xbox. It would have been for more or less collecting.

I walked into gamestop awhile ago to get a game and saw one sitting there, so picked it up for 60 bucks. A lot of cool games, its good to just throw on when drunk. Glad I was able to pick it up before it got discontinued... They will hopefully come out with a SNES one

- all the mega man's
- battletoads
- ghost n goblins
- ikari warrios
- all the castlevania's
- metal gear

just to name a few!

I hacked my NES classic so mine has all of those games. It actually comes with Ghosts and Goblins. I bought mine in store for $60. I was one of the lucky ones, didn't have to shell out anymore than retail price.

They are going for $400 on craigslist right now. Is it worth the $400 do you think? Exactly how much do you think this hunk of junk will go up in value?

Who cares just get a raspberrypi. Overpriced crap.

I might pick up a SNES model if they ever release it and with proper sized cables. Then just hack it like @TheWorm did.

Back