Nintendo Discontinues NES Classic Edition Mini Console

I dont understand the hype for this or the snes one... 2 buffalo USB controllers for about 30 bucks total, a raspberry pi and everything you need for another $60... after setting it up (plenty of tutorials on youtube), you are 1 short download away from having every console game ever made.

It's not really about the games on it.. it's about being a tiny officially licensed mini console.

Don't worry, you won't get a SNES mini either. Then you can call it overpriced crap too.

L O Fucking L Dizz.

L O Fucking L at anyone upset at this.

Get an emulator. Dizz will show you how, wont ya dizz?

I dont understand the hype for this or the snes one... 2 buffalo USB controllers for about 30 bucks total, a raspberry pi and everything you need for another $60... after setting it up (plenty of tutorials on youtube), you are 1 short download away from having every console game ever made.

Its the oddest thing and i chalk it up to laziness or confidence is setting it up.

When the mini came out, i thought, cool idea but not for that money. I was called "poor."

Imagine...not being a sucker means youre poor.

It's not really about the games on it.. it's about being a tiny officially licensed mini console.

First,
Www.whogivesaf**k.com

Second, it absolutely IS about what games are on it... if it was all a bunch of LJN games instead of classics like Zelda, Mario 3, Metroid and Mega Man 2, people would be furious.

If they put Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG Super Mario World and L2TP on the SNES one, it could literally come in a case made of dog shit that you have to dig through to press the power button and people would still buy it.

L O Fucking L Dizz.

L O Fucking L at anyone upset at this.

Get an emulator. Dizz will show you how, wont ya dizz?
Its the oddest thing and i chalk it up to laziness or confidence is setting it up.

When the mini came out, i thought, cool idea but not for that money. I was called "poor."

Imagine...not being a sucker means youre poor.
Hey nice of you to show up. That $60 "waste of money" you've been ranting about for months has seen its value skyrocket since Nintendo announced the discontinuation.

Lucky me.

Hey nice of you to show up. That $60 "waste of money" you've been ranting about for months has seen its value skyrocket since Nintendo announced the discontinuation.

Lucky me.
To a millionaire like yourself, im sure this is still chump change.

Glad I managed to grab one. And lol at anyone saying it is a waste of money

First,
Www.whogivesaf**k.com

Second, it absolutely IS about what games are on it... if it was all a bunch of LJN games instead of classics like Zelda, Mario 3, Metroid and Mega Man 2, people would be furious.

If they put Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG Super Mario World and L2TP on the SNES one, it could literally come in a case made of dog shit that you have to dig through to press the power button and people would still buy it.

They could sell that thing if it didn't play a single game. People would still buy it strictly for decoration.

It's obviously not about the games because the 30 games on it are all over the place. It's a mixed bag. There are standard classic 1st party games that pretty much need to be on it by virtue of what they are and then throw on some filler and fill up the rest of the list.

..but that's not what I was saying. I'm saying people want to own it because it's a tiny NES. That's it. That's why it's hugely popular. Mix up the games to other shit and it's still hugely popular.

That's still too complicated for peasants.

I got mine for just over 9 dollars. I traded in a game and saw it sitting there and picked it up. Well worth it . Have it plugged into the tv by my bed and play it drunk . The only thing I didn't like was how short the controller cord is

Never saw it available.

And it makes more sense for Nintendo to sell those games individually on the eShop at $9.99 a piece.

Never saw it available.

And it makes more sense for Nintendo to sell those games individually on the eShop at $9.99 a piece.
Apparently Best Buy was selling a bunch of them today, they got there final shipment and put it out this morning

Apparently Best Buy was selling a bunch of them today, they got there final shipment and put it out this morning

Coworker snagged one for me at Best Buy that morning. Said there was a massive line but Best Buy only has about 20 consoles to sell.

Anyhow, pretty cool console but didn't like how it was limited to the 30 games. Hacked it, flashed a new kernel and loaded about 250 games to it. The rom set I found had about 700 games but I didn't want to clutter it up that bad, so I narrowed it way down. Much better now. Baseball Stars ftw

Coworker snagged one for me at Best Buy that morning. Said there was a massive line but Best Buy only has about 20 consoles to sell.

Anyhow, pretty cool console but didn't like how it was limited to the 30 games. Hacked it, flashed a new kernel and loaded about 250 games to it. The rom set I found had about 700 games but I didn't want to clutter it up that bad, so I narrowed it way down. Much better now. Baseball Stars ftw

i wish i knew how to do that

i wish i knew how to do that

I could help you if you wanted. It's an easy process, but of course there is a risk that you could irreversibly "brick" your NES. Follow the instructions and that shouldn't happen!

I could help you if you wanted. It's an easy process, but of course there is a risk that you could irreversibly "brick" your NES. Follow the instructions and that shouldn't happen!
thats wht im worried about...

thats wht im worried about...

I hear ya. It's an uneasy feeling after you've wiped the NES....but totally worth it when it goes right. Haha. If others are interested in doing so, I can post the step by step (assuming Mods are cool with that).

I hear ya. It's an uneasy feeling after you've wiped the NES....but totally worth it when it goes right. Haha. If others are interested in doing so, I can post the step by step (assuming Mods are cool with that).
do u need a pc to do it? I have a mac. u could pm me the details if u dont wanna post them

250? When I hacked mine I put on an additional 53 or 54 (meaning I have 83 or 84 games total). I limited it to that because I thought that the hackers had figured it could only handle about 96 games max. That's not the case? Is yours working OK still? Have you had any problems getting any of the games to work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back