Nick Diaz, Misaki and Lima are the only fighters that outstruck Daley, Nick only that TKOd him

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Daley was top 10 when Nick beat him but the manner he did was so impressive and underrated by some

Misaki was past purime and put on one final clinic

Lima went for more TDs but he hurt Daley and got the better of stand

Daley was top 10 when Nick beat him but the manner he did was so impressive and underrated by some

Misaki was past purime and put on one final clinic

Lima went for more TDs but he hurt Daley and got the better of stand

If I remember correctly, Luiz Azeredo outstruck him as well.
And Masvidal turned him into a wrestler.

How much could the Guida brothers make running a train on the B-grade Bellator cans?

Paul Daley is just another in a long line of heavy punchers who didn't amount to much,in the end.

The Daley fight is the I've that put Diaz in the living legend category. Doesn't matter what he does from now on, no one can take that fought away from him

The Daley fight is the I've that put Diaz in the living legend category. Doesn't matter what he does from now on, no one can take that fought away from him

I guess you weren't around when he fought Robbie Lawler and Gomi...

LOL it's amazing when a guy gets a impressive Ko victory.....and suddenly all the fans come out of the woodwork to spout mmmath and live in the glory days of the past like some old retiree

Then when he loses those fareweather fan disappear into the night
Reminds me of when MJ knocked out poirer and everybody was like "omgz! $$@# Johnson is so explosive and powerful nobody can beat him now!@/ $$!!!"

Then he gets destroyed by the tiramisu king and laid out by a guy in his UFC debut

I guess you weren't around when he fought Robbie Lawler and Gomi...

I was, but the Daley fight was legit Rocky status. The Robbie KO was sick, and it put him in that elite striker category, and many haters were saying he was too big for Gomi, although no one has done that to Gomi up to that point. BJ beat him up, but it was more from BJJ and GnP.

But the Daley fight was on Daley's terms, where he wanted the fight to take place, and he was seen as the scariest WW striker at that point. I believe Rumble was a LHW at that point, or on suspension, or something.

But yeah, the Daley and Cyborg fights were epic, and while Diaz was the champ, and I consider that his absolute prime.

Much better fights with much more implications in the weight class

How so? The Gomi fight was a CW fight, and Robbie was super green, and just looked at as a rising prospect at that point?

And the Gomi fight was in PRIDE. I don't even think the fight could technically affect your ranking status.

I was, but the Daley fight was legit Rocky status. The Robbie KO was sick, and it put him in that elite striker category, and many haters were saying he was too big for Gomi, although no one has done that to Gomi up to that point. BJ beat him up, but it was more from BJJ and GnP.

But the Daley fight was on Daley's terms, where he wanted the fight to take place, and he was seen as the scariest WW striker at that point. I believe Rumble was a LHW at that point, or on suspension, or something.

But yeah, the Daley and Cyborg fights were epic, and while Diaz was the champ, and I consider that his absolute prime.

No one back then made any deal about size. Especially that Diaz was built much lankier than Gomi, who looked like unstoppable tank and was hyped as such in Pride.
Both weighed 160.

Daley had a serious hype around him, but so was Zaromskis, whom Diaz dispatched. Zarmoskis was called "Left leg cemetery...right leg cemetery as well".
Diaz was favorite and was expected to win.
And the fight was on Diaz' terms, not Daley's - the "phone booth" is where Nick loves to fight and that's what he did.

How so? The Gomi fight was a CW fight, and Robbie was super green, and just looked at as a rising prospect at that point?

And the Gomi fight was in PRIDE. I don't even think the fight could technically affect your ranking status.

It could, and it did. Gomi was considered the best lightweight in the world.
Rankings were more flexible back then, they considered weight classes of both 1st league orgs.
It wasn't a CW fight, it was legit LW fight for Pride - 160.

Lawler was considered a deadly striker, and Diaz - BJJ master. No one in UFC even knew he could do what he did.
This was the 1st display of Diaz' striking, that's why it's so important.

How so? The Finish fight was a CW fight, and Robbie was super green, and just looked at as a rising prospect at that point?

Who gives a shit if it was a catchweight? you beat a big name,it moves you up to a bigger fight.Everyone expected Lawler to force Diaz to try to take him to the ground,because his striking was too dangerous.That fight was a revelation for Diaz's striking skill and fearlessness. Gomi was considered #1 or #2 in the world and Diaz an easy fight. Your comment about it being in PRIDE affecting ranking status is asinine. Paul Daley at the time of his fight with Diaz was already an also ran, a guy who was humiliated by Koschek,who isn't exactly a world beater,and then booted from the UFC in disgrace because he caught feels over his humiliation. There was no surprises in the fight between Diaz and Daley. It was simply a good fight between two guys who weren't gonna hold a title,but Diaz has accomplished more,and over a longer period of time,against tougher guys.

No one back then made any deal about size. Especially that Diaz was built much lankier than Gomi, who looked like unstoppable tank and was hyped as such in Pride.
Both weighed 160.

Daley had a serious hype around him, but so was Zaromskis, whom Diaz dispatched. Zarmoskis was called "Left leg cemetery...right leg cemetery as well".
And the fight was on Diaz' terms, not Daley's - the "phone booth" is where Nick loves to fight and that's what he did.
Both weighed 160.

You must've not been around sherdog back then, because plenty of people were saying it was a good win, but Nick was the naturally bigger guy.

Remember, Gomi had a ton of fanboys back then, and hated on Nick for that win. And they might've weighed the same on the scale, but Nick was clearly bigger than him. Lanky? Nah, son.

And on Daley's terms, as in, he was willing to go toe to toe, and not just take him down where he'd have the advantage. Regardless of whether or not Nick was favored, you don't just go toe to toe, blow for blow with Daley, as evidenced by him dropping Nick with a left hook, and being in a really dangerous position.

Who gives a shit if it was a catchweight? you beat a big name,it moves you up to a bigger fight.Everyone expected Lawler to force Diaz to try to take him to the ground,because his striking was too dangerous.That fight was a revelation for Diaz's striking skill and fearlessness. Gomi was considered #1 or #2 in the world and Diaz an easy fight. Your comment about it being in PRIDE affecting ranking status is asinine. Paul Daley at the time of his fight with Diaz was already an also ran, a guy who was humiliated by Koschek,who isn't exactly a world beater,and then booted from the UFC in disgrace because he caught feels over his humiliation. There was no surprises in the fight between Diaz and Daley. It was simply a good fight between two guys who weren't gonna hold a title,but Diaz has accomplished more,and over a longer period of time,against tougher guys.

You have have short term memory. I know Gomi was ranked highly at 155, but Nick was the much bigger man, and fans even brought that up after his win. This isn't anything new. And did I say the Robbie fight wasn't spectacular?

In fact, I didn't even say either fight wasn't a great win for him. What are we even arguing here? I said, the Daley fight put him in the living legend category for me, because of how classic it was, and the Rocky esque way it played out.

Relax, buddeh.

You have have short term memory. I know Gomi was ranked highly at 155, but Nick was the much bigger man, and fans even brought that up after his win. This isn't anything new. And did I say the Robbie fight wasn't spectacular?

In fact, I didn't even say either fight wasn't a great win for him. What are we even arguing here? I said, the Daley fight put him in the living legend category for me, because of how classic it was, and the Rocky esque way it played out.

Relax, buddeh.

No one was talking about Nick being bigger until after. He was seen as a ufc reject who was gonna get his shit pushed in.Brought in to lose.

No one was talking about Nick being bigger until after. He was seen as a ufc reject who was gonna get his shit pushed in.Brought in to lose.

Exactly, until after the fight, when people saw how big he was compared to Gomi.

Again, what are we even arguing here? I gave an opinion.

Exactly, until after the fight, when people saw how big he was compared to Gomi.

Again, what are we even arguing here? I gave an opinion.
We were arguing that beating daley aint that big of a deal I think?? lol

Back