News Ngannou/Joshua flops even worse than Ngannou/Fury

AJ and Fury's stars both waned heavy the past year or 2. Both because of their reactions to brotha Uski.
usyk-leading-man-contents-770x481.jpg

It's a limited edition PPV. Only 4600 sold, in 10 years, it's going to be worth a lot of money for the people who bought it.

Looks like the Francis/Joshua fight was another massive loss. PPV buys for US television were 11,500 for the Fury fight, and only 4,600 for the Joshua fight. The international buys on DAZN would make the total higher, but assuming they're similarly proportioned with the Fury fight, that would make the total around 30,000 PPVs.

PFL have got to be in full panic mode after signing Francis to a big contract, gambling that his star power would increase with boxing. Wouldn't surprise me if they were the ones who told Francis he should take a 3rd boxing bout instead of coming back to MMA.

Goodman wrote, “WON comparing that to FuryNgannou: That number was less than half of the 11,500 television buys for Ngannou vs. Tyson Fury.” Goodman claims both of those numbers were from the first week of the fights, providing a fair comparison.

Francis is a horrible draw but man he helped my bet slip like I predicted. AJ by 1 punch ko. <Moves>

So...what about the non-American numbers?

Obviously it's not a PPV geared toward Americans lol. Some people on here really do have a hard time grasping that USA is not the world.
It's the only part of the world that matters. Sorry, no one bought this shit no excuses will make up for that FACT.

Seems it was only the Saudis and the anti-UFC press that were all crazy for these fights. Building Ngannou up for a big fall, but he got paid.

boxing doesnt sell well in the US full stop anymore

It's the only part of the world that matters. Sorry, no one bought this shit no excuses will make up for that FACT.
If you know absolutely nothing about PPV's or business in general, sure, I guess.

I fail to see how anyone can watch boxing and not know that Anthony Joshua 500-1 million buys from the UK. This is just some next level dumb, unless you think pounds are worth less than dollars lol.

America matters so much for this PPV that they put it on a Friday during 11 AM in the United States. Use your brain.

Yeah, the Saudis were sweating the American PPV numbers. They’ll be devestated.

…….meanwhile they still turned a $500m profit that day.

UK boxing fan here. I was considering buying the AJ fight but was put off by
1. The midnight main event ringwalk
2. Getting locked into a DAZN contract

So I watched it the next day for free.

Getting U.S. ppv buys was never the point of these fights. The card was during the day on a Friday. People who don't understand this aren't seeing the big picture.
The point in Saudi boxing doesnt seem to be about making money, but this thing seems like a bad loss, read somewhere that Ngannou/Fury didnt got the anount they were expected to because it didnt do great on PPV, Ngannou is still getting his 20 million?

The point in Saudi boxing doesnt seem to be about making money, but this thing seems like a bad loss, read somewhere that Ngannou/Fury didnt got the anount they were expected to because it didnt do great on PPV, Ngannou is still getting his 20 million?
Yes, Francis gets his $20 million regardless. It's guaranteed.

It was part of a Saudi holiday festival they were paying for the fight to be part of that not to make PPVs.

Back