NFL player Chris Long's reaction to new NFL kneeling regulation

I like Chris Long as a player. I may disagree with him but I like how he's gone about doing what he does with the donating of game checks, running charities, and helping out in inner cities. Kaep does the same thing but then shoots himself in his own foot with the fucking Castro T-shirt and the Kunta Kinte shirt as well.

THAT said, like I said earlier, a lot of these putz's are doing it cause it was the "in thing" to do and it was all they did. Their Sunday would consist of:

- Kneeling for anthem
- Play the gunner position on Special Teams
- Sit on the bench
- Change/take shower
- Collect game check Tuesday
- Not give two shits about what they knelt about until the following game

I can’t believe people think the XFL can take out the NFL.

I still Can’t wrap my head around that

The kneeling won't do much for it either . . . .

That just isn't true.

Everyone is talking about it and still talking about it BECAUSE of the kneeling and their reasons for doing so.

That just isn't true.

Everyone is talking about it and still talking about it BECAUSE of the kneeling and their reasons for doing so.

Talking . . . is just that . . . talking . . .

Lol @ the NFL folding to the XFL. This is never happening.

Yeah, it is a long shot and probably stupid. WWE has been on fire but I said the other day that them trying to restart the XFL would scare me as an investor. If I owned shares of WWE I would not want the company involved with trying to revive the XFL. But the small chance that it succeeds, and McMahon turns truly elite and legendary. I kind of like it though as outsider. However it plays out, it will be entertaining.

There is another league starting up too. That will certainly fail even though it got in the game before XFL this time. Its ahead of XFL right now in teams/cities and shit I think.

That just isn't true.

Talking is talking though. Talking is cheap as fuck. DOING is hard.

Talking is talking though. Talking is cheap as fuck. DOING is hard.

And all folks seem to be discussing is the kneeling . . . not why they kneel.

“Players taking real action to improve it”

So a bunch of predominantly African American multi millionaires who spend all of their time throwing a ball around, driving super cars and otherwise partying, drinking and doing whatever else and live better than 99% of people on earth are improvinamerica by kneeling at the anthem.

I’m convinced that the guys who say this shit are deliberately talking shit just to stir up popularity and the guys who are genuinely caring donate money and actually try to help how’ve they can.

Well, Long might be cut a little different than the rest of the league:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/sup...onated-his-entire-2017-salary-to-charity.html

Obviously the owners are only worried about the bottom line. It doesn’t cost the players jack shit because their money is contractually guaranteed. They don’t feel the pain of the sport fading but they will when it’s time to renegotiate contracts and the whole pie has shrunk.

I like this ruling. They can still kneel but the team and then the players will be fined. The nfl as an organization used to have to fit the bill for their protests. Now the players will directly pay for the damage they do to the nfl brand

If they want major exposure then stop kneeling and start hosting live nationwide conferences during primetime games.

Show some fucking integrity and boycott the league. Stop working for and taking checks from billionaire oppressors.

Only qualm with this ruling is that transgressors should be arrested/sent to jail instead of a simple fine or suspension.

Would make for a much better state of affairs.

Talking . . . is just that . . . talking . . .

So... people are talking... and donating tens of millions of dollars to all sorts of charities and foundations because of it... and that's not enough?

People were boycotting Kaep and others well before Trump said anything. I find it hilarious how much stock is put into what Trump said even though the kneeling and backlash was already happening.

I'm glad they took a knee. Do people actually believe everyone have to respect the flag? Native and minorities look at the flag differently for the most part. History in America hasn't been to kind to them sadly.

I respect the military to a certain extent. Our men and women get paid and benefits for the rest of their lives and most never even see combat. All I owe them is a thank you lol.

Only qualm with this ruling is that transgressors should be arrested/sent to jail instead of a simple fine or suspension.

Yes, I agree. How dare people practice their right to peaceful protest. Martin Luther King should have been shot for wanting equality!

Just sit back and let him out himself.

Terrible strawman response, and you know it. The point is Long is clearly a guy who has something that most humans lack.....empathy and objectivity. The ability to see that just because he's a certain skin color and doesn't have the problem his teammates have when being pulled over for minor traffic violations, doesn't mean that it isn't happening to his teammates.
I appreciate your user name, but when someone argues using ad hominems, that’s a sign someone isn’t interested in honest discussion. I made a point, admittedly not a well worded one, but it still cannot be refuted by bringing up well building.

Did you grow up in soviet Russia?

Yes, I agree. How dare people practice their right to peaceful protest. Martin Luther King should have been shot for wanting equality!

Lol'ing hard @ your "right" to protest while on the clock. The NFL truly has infinite patience to deal with this as an employer.

Again, I noted that in a perfect world arrests would be made. This would be for the greater good as a beautiful message of deterrence would reverberate through the populace - don't "protest" on the job. A wonderful state of affairs to strive for.

I would respect this more I mean.

black%20power.jpg

not this meek, weak shit. Passive resistance. lol. Does nothing. Nobody fears it. Get me some Malcolm X. This shit is a disgrace.

malcolm-freedom.jpg
That was pretty common actually.

...etc

Anyway your concern for the type of posture appropriate for protest seems pretty Freudian.

Back