NFL player Chris Long's reaction to new NFL kneeling regulation

Kneeling in front of an audience of millions of people brings attention to an important issue we have in this country...the issue that certain Americans have a much higher chance of getting shot or killed by police ( people who are supposed to be protecting us), during a minor traffic violation stops than others, simply because they have more melanin in their skin.

We have an ideal in this country called equality. That ideal is not being met, and people are practicing their right to peaceful protest to stir up action until it is.
<{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}>

Complete horseshit. Jesus, Rev, you're better than this.

Apples-to-apples is major sports vs. major sports, not contrasting sports (which has proven the most resilient anti-piracy sector of cable by a huge margin) versus the rest of traditional media and network television. Netflix doesn't broadcast NBA games. Hulu doesn't have playoff rights. Amazon Prime has zero presence in major American sports. YouTube broadcasts highlights, not games.

These are the forces that are hindering network television. Yet sports has flourished in spite of that general downturn, and that included the NFL prior to Colin's undertaking.

It's like ESPN trying to blame this same thing for why SC6's ratings cratered during the short experiment with Jemele Hill and Michael Smith heading the program despite that the program was doing much better under other hosts, and despite that competing networks like FS1 were increasing their viewership during this same time.

The arguments that attempt to exculpate Colin of the massive blow he delivered to the NFL's bottom line are as weak and untenable as arguments come. He fucked up business. Not that this was ever required, but this is ample grounds for a business to prohibit his activities. This principle is impossible to contradict, so instead Colin supporters have resorted to the fantasy of fabricating an alternate reality where his actions didn't have clear consequences by which he can be rationally judged absent a hint of racism.

No idea who the fuck this guy is. Kneel, sit, lay down for all I care. Stupid ass, over Paid clowns.

The kneeling has to do with the injustice to black Americans being killed by police officers in the US, however no one seems to point out the fact that majority of theses black men being shot aren’t listening to authority. I don’t like cops or authority as much as the next person but you need to use your brain. If one cop pulls you over and you don’t listen and resist, you’ll probably have 4 or 5 more cops on the way and that’s a battle you won’t win.

But no, keep resisting.

I love how people act like the NFL is out of line for not letting their players use them as a platform to push their political views.
Bravo, NFL. About time people stop sitting back and letting victim culture ruin something else.

I could care quite a bit less, but irregardless (you like that, Huckleberry?) it is a union issue because Goddell (at the request of owners, no doubt) decided to move on something that is clearly a hot-button issue for the players’ union without any dialogue.

It’s what we here in America call a dis. How’s the Canadian football league by the way? I hope you all enjoy Johnny Manziel. He’s just lovely.

How's the American Hockey League doing?

<{MingNope}>

Let them kneel and let the owners pay the fines.

And they will lose more and more ratings.

Fuck football I haven't watched it in a while and I see no reason to go back.

In fact I hope they kneel and football goes down more maybe we can get more prime time MMA to replace it.

A fact that a lot of people don't know about him is that his dad was killed by terrorists.

Kerr has values and morals, and passes on the voice of reason to his basketball team on the court.

kerr2.jpg

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/th...s-father-and-the-unlikely-story-of-a-champion

You know this guy spends his spare time in Tanzania building water wells to help people who don't have ckean water right? And he has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars . What have you done that might compare?
More like millions donated. He gave an entire season’s pay to charity. Climbed Mount Everest for charity as well as the Wells you speak of. The guy’s also got an American flag tattoo and as far as I’ve ever seen is a patriot to the fullest, but also supports his teammates.

Nope, if you do t like the rules of the company you work for, find a new job. If you feel the country you live in is evil and you hate it...move away.
So do u support the draft dodging, dead soldier insulting Trump’s stance on this? The guy who said, “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” in reference to John McCain???? Is this is the kind of “patriot” you support?

How many employers allow their employees to regurgitate their political views onto the customers while in uniform and on the clock?

Wait what? He just answered you. How many employees make you stand for the national anthem? No where in the rule book does it say they have to stand for the anthem.

It doesn’t. Done deal. They now implemented a rule and teams will be fined.

So do u support the draft dodging, dead soldier insulting Trump’s stance on this? The guy who said, “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” in reference to John McCain???? Is this is the kind of “patriot” you support?

Well it’s sort of true, it’s not like John McCain exhibited courage under fire, he just got captured then got into politics.

“Players taking real action to improve it”

So a bunch of predominantly African American multi millionaires who spend all of their time throwing a ball around, driving super cars and otherwise partying, drinking and doing whatever else and live better than 99% of people on earth are improvinamerica by kneeling at the anthem.

I’m convinced that the guys who say this shit are deliberately talking shit just to stir up popularity and the guys who are genuinely caring donate money and actually try to help how’ve they can.
Yea why don't you get up and train with them and see how easy it is.
Like to see your ass run a 10 yard slant route and see how well you do after a middle linebacker shatters your spleen.
Go train like Jerry Rice does and come back like its just partying and drinking.

He’s free to leave the NFL and this country if it’s so horrible.

It is interesting that the people who whine, complain and cry about "muh oppression" or "muh privilege" do nothing more than whine, complain and cry. They definitely will not give up their privilege or leave the terrible country that is relentlessly oppressing them for a better country. It has become a fad to be an activist these days and morons want to be part of the ridiculous fad.

He did take a stand against woman beaters, he criticized Trump.
The part of the book that caused the most controversy concerns Trump’s divorce from his first wife, Ivana. Hurt obtained a copy of her sworn divorce deposition, from 1990, in which she stated that, the previous year, her husband had raped her in a fit of rage. In Hurt’s account, Trump was furious that a “scalp reduction” operation he’d undergone to eliminate a bald spot had been unexpectedly painful. Ivana had recommended the plastic surgeon. In retaliation, Hurt wrote, Trump yanked out a handful of his wife’s hair, and then forced himself on her sexually. Afterward, according to the book, she spent the night locked in a bedroom, crying; in the morning, Trump asked her, “with menacing casualness, ‘Does it hurt?’ ” Trump has denied both the rape allegation and the suggestion that he had a scalp-reduction procedure. Hurt said that the incident, which is detailed in Ivana’s deposition, was confirmed by two of her friends.
<{you!}>u

Why play the anthem when it´s not the national team playing?

Yea why don't you get up and train with them and see how easy it is.
Like to see your ass run a 10 yard slant route and see how well you do after a middle linebacker shatters your spleen.
Go train like Jerry Rice does and come back like its just partying and drinking.

It's one of the most boring sports ever conceived so you won't see me doing any of that. Nobody denied the physical talent it takes to do any of that however, you just imagined that because you're stupid.

It's one of the most boring sports ever conceived so you won't see me doing any of that. Nobody denied the physical talent it takes to do any of that however, you just imagined that because you're stupid.
Tell me one that's less boring. And if you say hockey or soccer, then you're full of shit.
We speak the same language so you understand the use of implication.
So when you start going "these millionaires with their supercars" as if they just walked into money and came from prestige backgrounds.
A lot of them were dirt poor and trained night and day to get that million dollar payday to buy that supercar.
So if they feel like taking a knee during the anthem, then they can take a fuckin knee during the anthem

Nope, if you do t like the rules of the company you work for, find a new job. If you feel the country you live in is evil and you hate it...move away.

I guess Trump should have fucked of to another country instead of trying to MAGA. What are you 12? Pussies quit. Great men stay and fight for what they think is right. With your failure of an attitude humans would still be in the stoneage.

Back