NFL player Chris Long's reaction to new NFL kneeling regulation

I'll take the kneelers seriously if they continue to do it on the field and are willing to lose a season's worth of wages for their convictions.

Until they, yes, it's just a fashionable, low risk, trite gesture.
ill take the NFL seriously when they start canceling games because 1 player took the knee.

Until then, yes, it's just a fashionable, low risk, trite gesture.

Only qualm with this ruling is that transgressors should be arrested/sent to jail instead of a simple fine or suspension.

Would make for a much better state of affairs.

Your shitty posting should have you put in jail

Disagree.

We've been talking about all sorts of topics related to this issue in this very thread.

That's what I'm saying though . . . other than the normal donations or other financial support the players are doing or have been doing what actual change has taken place?

Us talking about it or the true issue they're kneeling in support of seems to get drowned out by the "outrage" about when they kneel.

So... people are talking... and donating tens of millions of dollars to all sorts of charities and foundations because of it... and that's not enough?

Are they though? I honestly haven't looked . . . how do you know that's what is going on? Have donations significantly increased since this junk started?

“Players taking real action to improve it”

So a bunch of predominantly African American multi millionaires who spend all of their time throwing a ball around, driving super cars and otherwise partying, drinking and doing whatever else and live better than 99% of people on earth are improvinamerica by kneeling at the anthem.

I’m convinced that the guys who say this shit are deliberately talking shit just to stir up popularity and the guys who are genuinely caring donate money and actually try to help how’ve they can.

why is being rich and talented a strike against someone?

how is peaceful protest a bad thing? we dont all agree.........thats the F'ing point of protesting.....to draw attention to something that you think people should care about/reform.

Are any of the players going to quit the NFL because of this supposed violation of their rights?

ill take the NFL seriously when they start canceling games because 1 player took the knee.

Until then, yes, it's just a fashionable, low risk, trite gesture.
So your posts are as unoriginal as your views. lol

Chris Long needs to show he is down with the other players. He trying not to be Richie Incognito. Its a team sport, and team work, bonding is very important.

Yeah sure he's just virtue signaling to his teammates by donating his entire year's salary.

So your posts are as unoriginal as your views. lol
No because you seem to only put all the pressure on the players...You want them to show real conviction by losing a shitload of money.....Why don't you hold the NFL to those standards?

Instead of the NFL fining teams or punishing players, which is a simple/easy virtue signaling solution...Why don't they cancel games if 1 player kneels? That way we can really see, if they care about the National Anthem, since they will be losing Millions/Billions of dollars....Otherwise it's just pure virtue signaling.

This is exactly what you're saying...So again, why not hold the same standards to the NFL?

Of course, your feeble little mind, didn't think about this since you're a corporate cuck.

I don't want them to do anything. I already know they are frauds on this issue.

You have a losing argument. All you have is now are petty insults. LOL

No because you seem to only put all the pressure on the players...You want them to show real conviction by losing a shitload of money.....Why don't you hold the NFL to those standards?

Instead of the NFL fining teams or punishing players, which is a simple/easy virtue signaling solution...Why don't they cancel games if 1 player kneels? That way we can really see, if they care about the National Anthem, since they will be losing Millions/Billions of dollars....Otherwise it's just pure virtue signaling.

This is exactly what you're saying...So again, why not hold the same standards to the NFL?

Of course, your feeble little mind, didn't think about this since you're a corporate cuck.

But the league represents the brunt of the public ire, not the owners of the teams -- this way, the league can say we dont want kneeling and the owners can still have an avenue for the players to kneel -- just pay a petty fine for it.

If the owners really did not want players to kneel, it would be passed a code of conduct rule and the players would have to pay the fine. You already have the owner of the Jets saying he will pay the fines and allow the team to kneel -- do you really think a billionaire owner is going to risk his multi billion dollar investment by having his team revolting with a strike over a small fine -- that the owners voted to pay for?
As long as the owners pay the fines it's perfectly reasonable. You can't blame them for passing this rule when they have the freaking POTUS attacking the players and calling for a boycott. This situation is a disgrace but it isn't the owners' fault.

“Players taking real action to improve it”

So a bunch of predominantly African American multi millionaires who spend all of their time throwing a ball around, driving super cars and otherwise partying, drinking and doing whatever else and live better than 99% of people on earth are improvinamerica by kneeling at the anthem.

I’m convinced that the guys who say this shit are deliberately talking shit just to stir up popularity and the guys who are genuinely caring donate money and actually try to help how’ve they can.

They do help remember everything is not televised.

As long as the owners pay the fines it's perfectly reasonable. You can't blame them for passing this rule when they have the freaking POTUS attacking the players and calling for a boycott. This situation is a disgrace but it isn't the owners' fault.

I agree that if owners pass the buck onto players via transfer of fines or suspension then players should use their status and standing to fight for what they want (remember these are highly specialized workers who carry a lot of clout akin to engineers, doctors, etc -- the business can't run without them and definitely can't easily replace them)

But, the owners agreed to the terms of team fine, and I genuinely believe they will let players kneel and just move on with that being the cost of doing business. If Julio or Gurley or Cam need to kneel to feel good heading into kickoff -- then paying a few grand makes way more business sense than pissing them off by saying no.

It has everything to do with it.. they're literally saying that black people are being killed and that's why they're protesting. Are you stupid?

Yeah, it's not at all more complicated than that. How dare people of a specific group protest in a peaceful manner.

Back