NFL player Chris Long's reaction to new NFL kneeling regulation

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NFL player Chris Long's reaction to the new NFL regulation concerning players kneeling in protest:

In the immortal words of one of Chris's proponents:

"If you truly care so much about our military, STFU and donate to your local VFW..."

I bet Snowflake Trump blocks him on Twitter.

People were boycotting Kaep and others well before Trump said anything. I find it hilarious how much stock is put into what Trump said even though the kneeling and backlash was already happening.

“Players taking real action to improve it”

So a bunch of predominantly African American multi millionaires who spend all of their time throwing a ball around, driving super cars and otherwise partying, drinking and doing whatever else and live better than 99% of people on earth are improvinamerica by kneeling at the anthem.

I’m convinced that the guys who say this shit are deliberately talking shit just to stir up popularity and the guys who are genuinely caring donate money and actually try to help how’ve they can.

Took 14 words for him to attack Donald Trump. I dont think he likes Donald Trump.

I think it's dumb but let them kneel. I don't care one way or the other. Just make sure you cover the point spread Green Bay

So a bunch of predominantly African American multi millionaires who spend all of their time throwing a ball around, driving super cars and otherwise partying, drinking and doing whatever else and live better than 99% of people on earth are improvinamerica by kneeling at the anthem.

I’m convinced that the guys who say this shit are deliberately talking shit just to stir up popularity and the guys who are genuinely caring donate money and actually try to help how’ve they can.

What do NFL players being black have to do with anything?

Chris Long needs to show he is down with the other players. He trying not to be Richie Incognito. Its a team sport, and team work, bonding is very important.

If players have any balls, everyone kneels on day one, regardless of where they stand in the issue, they should be united at not being treated like bitches by the ownership (who, after first showing support to players, now have made the decision to ban kneeling without any players’ union input).

I could care less about kneeling, but this is a union issue now. When unions back down everyone gets fucked.

If players have any balls, everyone kneels on day one, regardless of where they stand in the issue, they should be united at not being treated like bitches by the ownership (who, after first showing support to players, now have made the decision to ban kneeling without any players’ union input).

I could care less about kneeling, but this is a union issue now. When unions back down everyone gets fucked.

How much less could you care?

And it's not an union issue because it's the owners who have to pay the fine, not the players -- so far the only result from this is a team owner saying he will pay the fines

NFL player Chris Long's reaction to the new NFL regulation concerning players kneeling in protest:

Dude is turning into a politician. Just talking because people expect him to talk.

NBA had the rule for decades, and almost no one has accused them of these things. The NFL is also a business that wants to implement the same rule for the same reason. The double standard is painful to watch.

People are literally acting like NFL officials shot unarmed people. There is absolutely no vision to this protest. Bringing national attention to something was a logical step, but then what? Mayors, governers, city hall officials, police stations must all be thrilled no one is coming to their doorstep. Government? Why protest the people who actually have power to do what you want? Keep going after NFL owners. Makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

You mean like that Colin k guy, who just donated a million dollars to charities for the causes he peaceflly protested about and that you are talking about?

He’s free to leave the NFL and this country if it’s so horrible.

How much less could you care?

And it's not an union issue because it's the owners who have to pay the fine, not the players -- so far the only result from this is a team owner saying he will pay the fines
I could care quite a bit less, but irregardless (you like that, Huckleberry?) it is a union issue because Goddell (at the request of owners, no doubt) decided to move on something that is clearly a hot-button issue for the players’ union without any dialogue.

It’s what we here in America call a dis. How’s the Canadian football league by the way? I hope you all enjoy Johnny Manziel. He’s just lovely.

Dude is turning into a politician. Just talking because people expect him to talk.

NBA had the rule for decades, and almost no one has accused them of these things. The NFL is also a business that wants to implement the same rule for the same reason. The double standard is painful to watch.

People are literally acting like NFL officials shot unarmed people. There is absolutely no vision to this protest. Mayors, governers, city hall officials, police stations must all be thrilled no one is coming to their doorstep.
You know this guy spends his spare time in Tanzania building water wells to help people who don't have ckean water right? And he has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars . What have you done that might compare?

You know this guy spends his spare time in Tanzania building water wells to help people who don't have ckean water right? And he has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars . What have you done that might compare?
Apparently building wells in Tanzania means no one can ever question your position on any issue, ever.

Thank you for the lesson, sir. Booking my flight now. Will restart this ”debate” when I come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could care quite a bit less, but irregardless (you like that, Huckleberry?) it is a union issue because Goddell (at the request of owners, no doubt) decided to move on something that is clearly a hot-button issue for the players’ union without any dialogue.

It’s what we here in America call a dis. How’s the Canadian football league by the way? I hope you all enjoy Johnny Manziel. He’s just lovely.

So, the owners wanted to get rid of kneeling by supporting a ruling that says THEY have to pay when a player kneels, not the player themselves -- yeah, that sounds logical. Again, owners are not part of the union, and no fines are being levied on the player, so it's a union issue how? IF a owner suspends or passes the bill onto the player, then maybe your point has credence -- but I'm willing to bet that teams just add the cost as a line item under business costs and treat it as a per diem or unofficial bonus. If a player (especially a starter) is going to kneel, the billionaire owners with their billion dollar investment, dependent on their 150 million dollar payrolls are not going to risk strike or low player morale over a few thousand dollar fines.

Again, we already had an owner come out and say as much.

And I don't watch the pity -poor welfare league known as the CFL. like most things that are awesome , Americans do football better.

So, the owners wanted to get rid of kneeling by supporting a ruling that says THEY have to pay when a player kneels, not the player themselves -- yeah, that sounds logical. Again, owners are not part of the union, and no fines are being levied on the player, so it's a union issue how? IF a owner suspends or passes the bill onto the player, then maybe your point has credence -- but I'm willing to bet that teams just add the cost as a line item under business costs and treat it as a per diem or unofficial bonus. If a player (especially a starter) is going to kneel, the billionaire owners with their billion dollar investment, dependent on their 150 million dollar payrolls are not going to risk strike or low player morale over a few thousand dollar fines.

Again, we already had an owner come out and say as much.

And I don't watch the pity -poor welfare league known as the CFL. like most things that are awesome , Americans do football better.
I think you are assuming owners are more united on the issue than they are. Regardless, this is clearly a move by the faction of owners who have Goodell’s ear. Roger didn’t just wake up one day with a wild hair up his ass and decide to make this rule. They want plausible deniability (Oh, gee, I support your cause so much, but I just can’t pay these fines week after week). And the BIGGEST issue is that the players were blindsided by this instead of being invited to discussion. That’s how you know it’s a Pearl Harbor job.

I think you are assuming owners are more united on the issue than they are. Regardless, this is clearly a move by the faction of owners who have Goodell’s ear. Roger didn’t just wake up one day with a wild hair up his ass and decide to make this rule. They want plausible deniability (Oh, gee, I support your cause so much, but I just can’t pay these fines week after week). And the BIGGEST issue is that the players were blindsided by this instead of being invited to discussion. That’s how you know it’s a Pearl Harbor job.

The league obviously did not want kneeling as they are losing revenue -- so they passed the buck onto the owners, who whether they like or not, are going to pay the fines because they exponentially more invested into players, and by association, their morale, than petty fines. So, again, PLAYERS are not getting fined / suspended for kneeling, the league placates 50% of their viewership and owners have to pay a tad more (its telling that they would rather pay fines than have a 15 yard penalty at the start of the game)

So, if the players union want to strike over something they can still do, and not lose money over (aside of the plethora of minor things they do get fined for like: curfew, dress code, tweets etc) then if i was a player, i'd be pretty pissed that i would be losing massive income over something i can still do and not get fined for.

Chris Long donated every game check from the season to charity.

Back