Social NFL National Anthem Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know why the protesting was taken to another level yesterday until I heard on the radio this morning what Trump said about NFL players. That's how much I don't pay attention to what Trump says.

Also, this protesting thing is getting a bit annoying because of all the coverage it's getting. It's turning into a fucking fad now with social media.. like the ice bucket challenge and all that other shit.

These things are 90% media hyping. They know how to wind people up and make narratives larger than life.

Why do you have to get so angry? You in fact did imply it was taking a lot of his time by saying: "Maybe he can worry more about policy and the next Russian attack on our democracy (a real threat to our country) instead of tweeting about a guy not even in the fucking league anymore." Implying that sending a 140 character tweet is somehow taking away from defending the country against Russia (hows that conspiracy going by the way).

I'm not angry at all bud. Just pointing out that you're not making sense and you're being a hypocrite.

What proof do you even have that the Russian government was involved in the hacks? Do you have any proof at all? The hackers came from Russia, sure. But do you have a single piece of evidence that it was done by the Russian government, and not just some random Russian hackers? Because there's ton of non-government hackers in Russia. But you so certainly seem to think it was the Russian government so you must have some sort of proof to back that statement, right?

I'm just an accountant, so I personally do not have proof. Every intelligence and military agency that investigated it came to the conclusion that Russia very much interfered with our election and it is tied to their government. In fact, no one is surprised because they've been doing it for years and do it all over the planet. The evidence is so strong that it is even silly to deny it.

I'd urge you to read up on it.

This is the my biggest grips with the whole situation... Pro sport players have their own social media and fans that follow them. That's imo the far better place to voice yourself politically as many watch games to not even have to worry or think about such things. Politics isn't very fun stuff, sports is. Why forcibly mix them when most folks don't want it shoved down their throats.

Last year I said the way the media latched on to this and blew it up would either wade quickly away or it would be pushed hard and become cancerous. Now it looks like cancer and cancers kills. In this case kills fans interest in there teams.

http://www.king5.com/sports/nfl/sea...sse-boycott-team-for-anthem-protest/478329552

Seahawk fans are pretty hardcore and if you manage to make a bunch of them disdain their players... You're blowing it.

As for Trump comments about this he just baited those dumb players to kneel and plenty of those tools gobbled it right up both labeling and ostracizing themselves all while hurting the sport that pays them. It's the fans that watch the games, buy tickets, buy jerseys and all the other team merchandise that makes the league run. So lets piss off a ton of the people that literally fund it. If there's one thing Trump knows it's that and he used it against them while they thought they are doing the exact opposite. It's backfiring on them and will get worse if they keep it up.

This is a losing battle for the NFL. Even in liberal cities, ratings and attendance have been plummeting. Instead of playing the game for millions of dollars, they are shitting on THE flag that allowed them to have that kind of prosperity. Low IQ athletes biting the hand that feeds them.

At the end of the day, NFL needs Americans more than Americans need the NFL. No one else in the world cares about pigskin, and there are other sports that people can watch which don't spam Soros propaganda.

Excellent move by Trump. Unified the base and cut off one of the hydra heads.

"Fuck the left and fuck the right" posts like this don't get enough run.

Do you run a cult? Let me know... I'll join.

We can never have enough Libertarian nut jobs. Welcome aboard, all you have to do is rally for small government and shit on the left and right.

Shockingly, early indications are that NFL ratings are down gain this week: http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskin...r-trek-discovery-donald-trump-nbc-1202176141/

At least for SNF.

The thing is most ordinary people don't really say anything or make a big public display about how they feel. They are not 'triggered', they don't need to safe space, they don't protest, they don't take to social media to vent their spleen. They simply see the way these people behave, think it's absolutely pathetic and vote with their wallets by no longer consuming the product they put out. The same way they just quietly went about their day to days lives, voted for Trump and switched off CNN.

Nonsense. It's barely a reaction at all. If someone politicizes something and you begin to argue politically with them, it's an entirely appropriate reaction.

I feel like a lot of people want things both ways. They want Kaepernick to enjoy his obvious right to make political statements but they think any political response to his nationally well known political gestures is over the top.
Barely a reaction at all? Some people are calling for mass firings. The President of the supposed best country on earth is actively trying to sway opinion on the matter.

Trump is ultimately right. Sure everyone is free to do whatever. But disrespecting a country is disrespecting a country. Plain and simple.

Look up the comment section for Saudi Arabia's anthem. Or Qatar's anthem. Places where everything including music hardly exists. And you'll see comment after comment praising the country and anthem.

But no, the US is "the great Satan." I mean that's what this all is isn't it? Two-faced America hatred. Hatred, not peace. Hatred, not respect for the country that gave you endless privileges and freedoms.

Look up the comment section for Saudi Arabia's anthem. Or Qatar's anthem. Places where everything including music hardly exists. And you'll see comment after comment praising the country and anthem.

They probably cut your hand off if you don't praise their anthem.

I'm not angry at all bud. Just pointing out that you're not making sense and you're being a hypocrite.

I'm just an accountant, so I personally do not have proof. Every intelligence and military agency that investigated it came to the conclusion that Russia very much interfered with our election and it is tied to their government. In fact, no one is surprised because they've been doing it for years and do it all over the planet. The evidence is so strong that it is even silly to deny it.

I'd urge you to read up on it.
I have read up on it. I urge you to do the same. This article is great because it actually goes through what happened form a technological perspective and why you can't conclude it had involvement with the Russian government

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/14/heres-the-public-evidence-russia-hacked-the-dnc-its-not-enough/

So I should take the opinion of a write for the Intercep over intelligence agencies? The ones that actually investigate and review the evidence? Oh boy.
Please, feel free to post actual statements by intelligence agencies that confirm it was the Russian government.

Please, feel free to post actual statements by intelligence agencies that confirm it was the Russian government.
Feel free to do your own fucking work. The heads of the agencies have given comments and talks about it.

I'm not spoon feeding your lazy ass.

And I have a right to compare you to the whimp SJW types that need a safe space. Seriously, being upset over this is goofy.

You're assigning your own meaning to the protest of others.

I'm not that upset over it as it doesn't and is not going to affect me much, I just will not watch football, not big of a deal.

They are being disrespectful and I see that believe what you will.

I'm not that upset over it as it doesn't and is not going to affect me much, I just will not watch football, not big of a deal.

If you like football it bothers you enough to boycott.

They are being disrespectful and I see that believe what you will.
Hopefully enough Giants fans feel as you do so I can get a good price for season tickets.

do you guys remember when tebow was banned from writing bible verses in his eye paint and told not to do his christian kneel? remember how christians didnt make a big stink because people understood that the NFL isnt a place to make statements and people just want to watch football?

pepperidge farm remembers

Feel free to do your own fucking work. The heads of the agencies have given comments and talks about it.

I'm not spoon feeding your lazy ass.
I can't find what doesn't exist.

This is the NFL's fault.

They support the tax payers footing the bill to build these ridiculous stadiums. Then they spent years clandestinely accepting millions more in tax payer money for "paid patriotism" propaganda like the fly overs and shout outs to random soldiers when war and the military hasn't anything remotely to do with sports.

They politicized the games and they used our money instead of their own to do it. Now everyone wants in on the political statement fun and the owners and league have no leg to stand on to stop them.

The NFL itself should be protested because it has 'national' in the name, and therefor represents the patriarchy. fight the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back