Next generation wallets suck

Or am I stuck using the same kind of wallet my great grandfather used

11559d_main.jpg

tumi-black-toledo-slim-credit-card-case-product-1-25791110-0-364478591-normal.jpeg

"Luxuriously smooth full-grain leather is meticulously handcrafted in Spain to create the Toledo collection of wallets and accessories. Each piece is accented with a sophisticated silver logo plaque. This design features a single billfold compartment, two slip pockets and four card slots."

Money is a scam created by humans to enslave one another. Credit cards are 100x worse.

Why ruin your nice outfit by stuffing a bulky wallet in your pocket, carry a man bag and pair it with some skinny jeans and a cute top.

You guys with wallets with a money clip built in, I presume you don't carry it in your back pocket?

11559d_main.jpg

tumi-black-toledo-slim-credit-card-case-product-1-25791110-0-364478591-normal.jpeg

"Luxuriously smooth full-grain leather is meticulously handcrafted in Spain to create the Toledo collection of wallets and accessories. Each piece is accented with a sophisticated silver logo plaque. This design features a single billfold compartment, two slip pockets and four card slots."

Mine is like two sides like the top pic. No see through ID bit.

It's great.

My wife got me a Ridge Wallet maybe 5 or 6 years ago and it’s not showing any signs of needing replacing anytime soon. Holds as many cards as you want, and haven’t had any problem stuffing cash under the clip.
05722c3b20f88be634194fb58133d627.jpg

67602e83d854b1417022acfed7aa246a.jpg

I still have the old leather style probaby will always buy this type

My wife got me a Ridge Wallet maybe 5 or 6 years ago and it’s not showing any signs of needing replacing anytime soon. Holds as many cards as you want, and haven’t had any problem stuffing cash under the clip.
05722c3b20f88be634194fb58133d627.jpg

67602e83d854b1417022acfed7aa246a.jpg

That is slick!

Probably a dumb question, but is it a hassle to find the right card? I mean do you have to pull out the cards in front to get to the one in, let's say, the middle that you need?

My wallet's wearing out, but rather than just buy the same old thing again, I was kind of hoping there's a new innovative wallet out there that I could try.

I've looked at a few and none of them seem to be all that superior to a regular old wallet.

1. There's one wallet that has a bluetooth chip so you get an alert when it gets too far from your phone. I think the alert would get annoying. There are lots of times where you might intentionally take your phone and not your wallet, or vice versa, like going for a jog and taking your phone to listen to music but leaving the wallet behind.
71GMVfmBpML._UX385_.jpg

2. There's a bunch of wallets that look sleek and small, but they're basically limiting you to carrying only 3 or 4 cards and a tiny amount of cash.
DM1_8-Blue_Flat_06e1dc72-8a65-4fae-988c-c68337f1aec8_1024x1024.jpeg

3. There are wallets that double as phone cases, which is annoying for people who don't want to have to flip open their phone every time they look at it. In addition, they have the same problem as the previous item. Only holds a small number of cards.
iphone-6-wallet-front-1_5.jpg

4. There's a wallet with a combination lock on it, so if you lose it, nobody can get your credit cards out. But can you imagine putting in a combo every time you use your wallet? How annoying.
ogon_minisafe.jpg

5. There's a wallet with all kinds of hidden knives and bottle openers and stuff in it. Like a swiss army knife. Sounds cool until you try to get into a concert or airport and can't take your wallet in.

Is there any clever company out there that can make an innovative wallet? Or am I stuck using the same kind of wallet my great grandfather used?

hey, you might find DOSH up your alley.

https://www.doshbrand.com/usa/

i never got one because they're too expensive for my tastes.

i like Alpine Swiss for a small wallet:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGZHYYK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and obviously a regular wallet from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=fashion&field-keywords=three+fold+wallet

This is what I carry:

Drivers license
Debit card
4 personal credit cards
1 prepaid PayPal card
AAA card
Medical insurance card
Proof of car insurance
Proof of motorcycle insurance
Cypher decoder card I need for work
Security card I need for work
Company credit card
Costco card
Vons card
Subway gift card (I should just throw this away)
A minimal amount of paper cash
A bunch of receipts I need to save for work

Yup I could certainly consolidate some of that. Especially the credit cards. I don't need to carry so many.

see, i don't like carrying so much just in case i lose my wallet. that's a lot of shit to replace.
i keep all my extra cards on my office desk and switch em out accordingly.

I made a thread about this wallet a couple years ago. I just bought a new one as my first was finally getting a bit beat up.

It's perfect as it carries the 3 essentials on my belt: money/cards, phone, keys. The phone slip has a magnetic flap so it's very fast to take out, moreso than pulling it from my pocket.

I like having my pockets empty. Hate the feeling of a bunch of stuff there. This is perfect.

View attachment 382315 View attachment 382319 View attachment 382321
See, a clutch with a belt clip

Real men don't use wallets. Use the pockets on your pants.

If I see grown men pull out ID and cash straight from their pockets I just assume they don't have their shit together and live a disorganized life.

Like, didn't your parents teach you better? Same as washing your hands after taking a piss.

That is slick!

Probably a dumb question, but is it a hassle to find the right card? I mean do you have to pull out the cards in front to get to the one in, let's say, the middle that you need?
Not at all. I can one handed push the cards partially out and grab the one I want. It’s actually easier than my old standard leather wallet.

this is basically what i use to carry my credit cards and id's (minus the logo and it doesn't have any sharp edges, more rounded)

db670369-9505-4219-ad21-7fe1de355b41_1.7f702d23a4e798aff22c2288389cf7d8.jpeg

That looks like it'll also keep my Virgina Slims super straight. How's the handfeel? I sometimes get dry hands so I feel like I'd drop smooth metal, and fear it sliding from a pocket.

Does the wallet really need to be improved upon? Just get the regular old school wallet. It has worked fine forever. Unless bitcoin replaces cash, it will continue to do so.

Small leather one from Coach.

A little bit bigger than a credit card, pocket for cash (empty most of the time), 6 card slots which can be stretched to 2 cards each.

Needed a small one as the old one kept causing my suit pant pocket to tear (overtime).
I got the leather attachment that has a clip (from coach), i guess it's meant to go on luggage? But, it's the perfect size to hold 2 maybe 3 cards.

One side has the clear plastic side, which is perfect for my license. So i never have to take it out for proof of age.

They had a sale that day. So i got it for $12, their cologne was also on sale.

The wife got a purse for $80, reduced from $300. It was a good day

Took way too long to find a pic of it.

brand_new_authentic_coach_lanyard__id_lace_and_card_holder_1445641215_73b2d3c2.jpg

I took that cord and the clip off. The one i got is brown though

Last edited:
This is what I carry:

Drivers license
Debit card
4 personal credit cards
1 prepaid PayPal card
AAA card
Medical insurance card
Proof of car insurance
Proof of motorcycle insurance
Cypher decoder card I need for work
Security card I need for work
Company credit card
Costco card
Vons card
Subway gift card (I should just throw this away)
A minimal amount of paper cash
A bunch of receipts I need to save for work

Yup I could certainly consolidate some of that. Especially the credit cards. I don't need to carry so many.
Pro tip. Take all of the cards that you will only need in situations where you also wil always be in or have your car, and put those in another cheap wallet locked in your glove box. Like your proof of insurance, Costco cards, etc. your wallet should only have the cards in it you’re going to need daily and might need when you don’t have your car nearby.

Back