New UFC Gloves May Look Like This

why do people blame the gloves maybe fighters should just keep their hands closed when extending towards a guys face, its like guns, they dont kill people, people with guns kill people.

Fairtex gloves ftw:

ftxmmablk.jpg

Man, I've used these glove to train with and unintentionally poked the shit out of a training partner. Those arent any different from what the ufc used now as far as pokes go. More padding on the knuckle but thats it. If you are used to training w boxing gloves it is very easy to poke someone on accident when you start using mma gloves of any kind. Watch Ali throw his jab, his hand is open 90% of the time.

they should just legalize eye pokes. That would get rid of illegal eye pokes.

Liddell would still be champ.

Bobish would be winless.

why do people blame the gloves maybe fighters should just keep their hands closed when extending towards a guys face, its like guns, they dont kill people, people with guns kill people.

That's the thing, some fighters have complained that the design of the glove that the UFC uses makes it harder to keep their hands closed. The padding is stiff and flat and unless WELL broken in, opens the hand unless concious effort is put into keeping them closed.

Thus, using gloves that default to a more closed state (while not inhibiting opening the hands when needed), can only help.

That's the thing, some fighters have complained that the design of the glove that the UFC uses makes it harder to keep their hands closed. The padding is stiff and flat and unless WELL broken in, opens the hand unless concious effort is put into keeping them closed.

Thus, using gloves that default to a more closed state (while not inhibiting opening the hands when needed), can only help.

Shouldn't they just allow a fighter like two hours to break in the gloves then? IIRC some AC's don't allow the fighters to break in the gloves until a short time before they have to walk out or whatever.

This is just my opinion but I believe this would be the best glove design to prevent eye pokes as well as allowing for effective use of grappling, thoughts?

ev-amateur-mma-gloves.jpg

Just the UFC hate'n on the Diaz brothers by making a glove that takes away the only interesting part of their fights.

Well, if there was any doubt that MA doesn't belong in the UFC, it's gone now. Just file UFC under kick boxing, not MMA.

Those are mittens.

Nope dead serious.

Its basically something to force the final finger joint downwards, wouldn't affect grappling at all and stops people having fingers extended straight out.

can they high 5?

It would help the sport become more mainstream IMO

Ahahah how does THIS will prevent eye pokes?
It will prevent absolutely NOTHING
How can people think that will change anything?!
Because your fingers have a 5

can they high 5?

Sort of, this question makes me think you understand me better than most.

I am thinking it should be possible for them to straighten their fingers if they actively try but if the just hold their hand lose it will curl the ends of the fingers.

Back