New UFC Gloves May Look Like This

That's the thing, some fighters have complained that the design of the glove that the UFC uses makes it harder to keep their hands closed. The padding is stiff and flat and unless WELL broken in, opens the hand unless concious effort is put into keeping them closed.

Thus, using gloves that default to a more closed state (while not inhibiting opening the hands when needed), can only help.

still not the gloves i think, just more rules then there has to be. i read an interview with cub swanson saying the same thing. but i still think its the fighters not working on keeping their hands closed. ufc could let fighter break gloves in sooner and fighters could work to keep hands closed more.

why do people blame the gloves maybe fighters should just keep their hands closed when extending towards a guys face, its like guns, they dont kill people, people with guns kill people.
So you're saying, "Fingers don't poke eyes, people with fingers poke eyes!"? lol, nice.

So you're saying, "Fingers don't poke eyes, people with fingers poke eyes!"? lol, nice.

lol didnt think of it that way, made me laugh and made me feel like a schmuck
Frank+Mir+Face.gif

The bigger and plushier the glove, the higher the ounce, the more dangerous it is for the competitors.

1. You would see less shots to the back of he head.

2. Less head injuries and prolonged careers.

No gloves would never get sanctioned nowadays, sadly, but 2 ounce gloves would be great.

This wouldn't be an issue if refs take points for eye poking.

You can still eye poke with the hand shield part and the thumb. Dana mentioned that before about Boxing. It isn't something as simple as adding padding over the fingers.

The fingertips & thumbs need to be covered with a soft, pudgy silicone material like used in some mousepad wristrests.

I don't understand why they can't just penalize guys who don't punch with closed fists and poke the crap out of opponents' eyes?

Looks like the gloves they use for amateur-shooto competitions here in Sweden. And yes they suck. A lot.

Keep the same gloves. Take points away for eye pokes, no exceptions. They'll stop.

I like these gloves for striking, but grappling with them is a disadvantage, just annoying.

Holy s*** I can't believe there are people who have never seen gloves like that before. They are for MMA sparring and ammy MMA in some places. Thanks to the 95% of people in this thread proving they have never stepped in the gym before.

Back