New UFC Gloves May Look Like This

Eye poking is still possible with this gloves and it's not ideal for grappling. So i don't think this is an good alternative option.

I really hope they don't change them. I think this must be solved by stricter refereeing.

The gloves don't need to be changed... the rules and the enforcement of them do.

no. just no. Do you work for everlast? Well played TS

I thought you cant grab on to arms and shit with those gloves

85wb5_Soco%20Ingles%20Original%201.jpg

I love all the posts about those gloves being stupid in the first 5 pages. Those gloves are basically the striking-centric gloves tons of guys use when they don't want to deal with trying to grapple with boxing gloves but do want to focus on striking more with some more padding.

Am I arguing they're perfect for competition? No

Am I saying they are a valid option and not retarded from first hand experience? yes

those gloves aren't really that hard to grapple in like some of you are claiming. they're basically shooto style gloves.

the problem is ufc uses those shitty ass century gloves.

"Hey guys, I just Googled MMA gloves and found these! They're different than the UFC gloves so obviously they'll prevent eye pokes and also cure cancer! What's grappling?"

I love all the posts about those gloves being stupid in the first 5 pages. Those gloves are basically the striking-centric gloves tons of guys use when they don't want to deal with trying to grapple with boxing gloves but do want to focus on striking more with some more padding.

Am I arguing they're perfect for competition? No

Am I saying they are a valid option and not retarded from first hand experience? yes

Is asking yourself a question, and answering it stupid? Yes.

After becoming the victim of an eye poke, the fighter will be awarded one unguarded groin strike, from behind.

After becoming the victim of an eye poke, the fighter will be awarded one unguarded groin strike, from behind.

Sounds fair and would be more of a deterrent than losing points.

Would you need something different for the girls?

Closed finger gloves don't adversely affect Grappling as badly as people are making out.

Back