New Nintendo Retro-Console Announced: NINTENDO CLASSIC MINI

If they announce that this console is able to be loaded with other titles, I will be buying one without hesitation.

I think with the NES people let the nostalgia get carried away. I mean I love old games, but those games from that far back really don't hold up that well as a whole. Let's be honest here also, the original NES controller is garbage. Genesis/SNES games are still very playable and have a lot of games that I think pass the test of time objectively. NES not so much.
I play NES games all the time. They hold up fine.

They're fun for like 5 minutes

I been recently playing through the megaman games they all hold up very well.

Super mario 3 is still the best or second best mario game ever made.

Super C is still really fun

Bubble Bobble is a fun party game to play with friends

They're fun for like 5 minutes

I think what you mean is they're fun if you think playing shitty old games is fun .. Trying to spark some of that back in the day nostalgia shit !! When really life fucking sucks so hard you just looking for anything to be young again ... Ah life is a cunt fest

I'll get that. Has StarTropics.

I think what you mean is they're fun if you think playing shitty old games is fun .. Trying to spark some of that back in the day nostalgia shit !! When really life fucking sucks so hard you just looking for anything to be young again ... Ah life is a cunt fest
Some people just prefer the "shitty old games" to "shitty new games"
I think with the NES people let the nostalgia get carried away. I mean I love old games, but those games from that far back really don't hold up that well as a whole. Let's be honest here also, the original NES controller is garbage. Genesis/SNES games are still very playable and have a lot of games that I think pass the test of time objectively. NES not so much.
Punchout, Tecmo Bowl, Final Fantasy, Zelda , Mario, Contra , Castlevania, Mega Man , Metroid are all still very enjoyable IMO

If they had of put the majority of the NES library in that thing I would have grabbed it. I'll stick to my emulator though.

Some people just prefer the "shitty old games" to "shitty new games"

Punchout, Tecmo Bowl, Final Fantasy, Zelda , Mario, Contra , Castlevania, Mega Man , Metroid are all still very enjoyable IMO
See, the old Mega Man games are a perfect example to me. You just power your way through the game dying from cheap kills and memorizing the traps. I'm not knocking the developers, it's really all they could do at the time given the hardware. The X games on the SNES were so much better. Same with Zelda, Cointra, Metroid and Castlevania all have versions that just look and control much better on SNES. I just don't see any reason to go all the way back to the NES where the backgrounds were all a flat color and everything controlled like ass. They're always trading on the NES nostalgia and I just don't get why people are into it. 16-bit era was soooo much better.

I'm not impressed. It probably doesn't even have blast processing.

This would only be worth it if it included every single title in the NES library, and if the controller was wireless.

It's too impractical in it's current form, and can't compete with emulators.

If we're being honest and remove the nostalgia goggles - how many NES games have actually aged well? Kirby and Mario 3 for sure but why play the originals when they have superior remakes available.

Hope they do the same for an N64 down the road. Would buy.

I been recently playing through the megaman games they all hold up very well.

Super mario 3 is still the best or second best mario game ever made.

Super C is still really fun

Bubble Bobble is a fun party game to play with friends

While SM3 is a fun game, I don't think it's better than SM64 and SM Galaxy 1&2.

Back