New Nintendo Retro-Console Announced: NINTENDO CLASSIC MINI

This would only be worth it if it included every single title in the NES library, and if the controller was wireless.

It's too impractical in it's current form, and can't compete with emulators.
Do you think Nintendo could get licensing rights from every publisher that made a Nintendo game? Some aren't even a company anymore.
This isn't being marketed to the PC gaming master race, it's being marketed to the console peasants that want to be able to plug and play.

See, the old Mega Man games are a perfect example to me. You just power your way through the game dying from cheap kills and memorizing the traps. I'm not knocking the developers, it's really all they could do at the time given the hardware. The X games on the SNES were so much better. Same with Zelda, Cointra, Metroid and Castlevania all have versions that just look and control much better on SNES. I just don't see any reason to go all the way back to the NES where the backgrounds were all a flat color and everything controlled like ass. They're always trading on the NES nostalgia and I just don't get why people are into it. 16-bit era was soooo much better.
I have to agree, here. The SNES was a much better system. Everything was still fresh and the developers had some experience. I am planning on buying a new 3DS just for Donkey Kong Country alone.

Ok I am going to buy this mainly for Mario but I reallly cant get into the majority of games on this system just too dated and perhaps were a few years before my time. Im a SNES guy.

And that brings to me to another Question. Why the mini NES and not the mini SNES ?
Just imagine the insane sales for a mini SNES grouped up with a gigantic library. Nintendo could make and absolute killing on a mini SNES. Seriously this would sell out in days there would be world wide riots, people could face death just leaving the mall with a mini SNES the military may need too step in.

A mini SNES would outsell all other systems.

If the NES does numbers you can bet your sweet bippy they'll have an SNES ready for next Christmas

Already own those games and a nes cib... Will not be buying.

From what I read, no internet, no virtual console, no SD memory card/USB. It's just whatever games it comes with.

If the NES does numbers you can bet your sweet bippy they'll have an SNES ready for next Christmas
I'd buy if it could do virtual console for GBA, SNES/SFC, N64, etc. I got screwed when 3DS VC didn't end up having as many virtual console games as I wanted. I didn't know about them having to get new agreements, etc. of any old library title.

nvidia-shield-android.png

Pretty sure this or its chinese variant can play all those games decently. And you can play them on the go.

Hell, I remember I used to have like 100 NES games in a pirated cartridge on my old GameBoy Advance, and they were totally playable.

Super C? Why not the original?

Still have my old as hell NES and most of my old as hell games.

It's pretty cool though.

The controller's cable is only 2.5 feet long. Here is a picture of it next to the original nes controller. Don't expect to play this from your couch. You'll need to sit on the floor in front of your TV. What happened to you Nintendo?

nes-classic-controller-comparison-shots-07_1920.0.jpg

this thing sucks. i have 2 OG NES's.

*throws the mic *

The controller's cable is only 2.5 feet long. Here is a picture of it next to the original nes controller. Don't expect to play this from your couch. You'll need to sit on the floor in front of your TV. What happened to you Nintendo?

nes-classic-controller-comparison-shots-07_1920.0.jpg
I've read they did that because the go back to the home screen button is on the console instead of adding a button on the controller....
Nyko is already offering wireless controllers and extension cables.
http://nyko.com/collections/nes-classic-edition/products/miniboss-for-nes-classic-edition
http://nyko.com/collections/nes-classic-edition/products/extend-link-for-nes-classic-edition
They even went retro with the packaging
Packaging_front_1024x1024.png

Packaging_front_d3b349a2-c8e0-4c8b-9393-480278c38d0d_1024x1024.png

this thing sucks. i have 2 OG NES's.

*throws the mic *
So do I (well one). But this is made to be played on a modern tv without having to drop hundreds of dollars to do so.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

I've read they did that because the go back to the home screen button is on the console instead of adding a button on the controller....
Nyko is already offering wireless controllers and extension cables.
http://nyko.com/collections/nes-classic-edition/products/miniboss-for-nes-classic-edition
http://nyko.com/collections/nes-classic-edition/products/extend-link-for-nes-classic-edition
They even went retro with the packaging
Packaging_front_1024x1024.png

Packaging_front_d3b349a2-c8e0-4c8b-9393-480278c38d0d_1024x1024.png
"Space Age" technology? Shit just got real.

So do I (well one). But this is made to be played on a modern tv without having to drop hundreds of dollars to do so.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.
You can already do that. #MasterRace

You can already do that. #MasterRace
Yet by all accounts this is shitting on any form of emulation that's come before it. Guess they'd better step it up. Lol at being outdone by a $60 toy.

Yet by all accounts this is shitting on any form of emulation that's come before it. Guess they'd better step it up. Lol at being outdone by a $60 toy.
Like who?

Back