New Korean MMA News and Discussion

I could deal with not being high energy if they at least gave interesting info and background on fighters but they don't even really do that. The one guy seems to think he's better than a lot of the fighters and talks down on them a lot too. I'm not a fan of the English commentary team at all.

I could deal with not being high energy if they at least gave interesting info and background on fighters but they don't even really do that. The one guy seems to think he's better than a lot of the fighters and talks down on them a lot too. I'm not a fan of the English commentary team at all.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Doesn't sound like something lost in translation, either.

I will say that they had me laughing the other day. I was rewatching RFC 36, and during one of the prelim fights it went something like:
Young Kim: "Fighter x coming out to a song that I'd probably hear on the radio in my mom's car."
Young Jun: "This guy blah blah blah.... yeah "this is something that would be playing in my mom's car, too."

It was definitely an ajjuma song.

Sounds like Ga Yeon might be close to returning

Here's the full MMA portion of the Angel's Fighting 3 card this weekend. Jun Soo Lim continues to fight exclusively for them and Rae Yoon Ok was added to the card. Ok's opponent is supposedly 10-5, I assume most of the fights were in KAMMA which can be near impossible to find results for. There's some male pop idol from the group OFFROAD fighting in a kickboxing bout on it as well.

Last edited:
Current ROAD Lightweight Tournament China trials competitor Habiti Tuerxunbieke picked up a KO win at Brave CF 6 today

Angel's Fighting 3 results
Videos:
Myung Ho Bae vs Kenta Takagi
Jun Soo Lim vs Matheus Silva (I guess Silva was actually 10-3)
Lee Dae Won (the idol)
Young Jae Song vs Dae Young Kim
Park Eun Ji vs Lee Nan Hee (all I can find is that Hee is 2-1 in kickboxing and Park is a musical actress that appeared in the idol survival show Produce 101)
Jin Yong Lim vs Min Hyuk Lee
Shin Ho Kang vs Min Gun Kim
Rae Yoon Ok vs Eun Seok Park (was actually 10-4-1 according to the promotion)

Gifs
Kind of a weird sub, looks like Takagi's other arm got trapped behind the elbow and ended up acting as a fulcrum which caused to elbow to hyper-extend much earlier than it normally would

Some good action and finishes. Hopefully we see Myung Ho Bae and Rae Yoon Ok in bigger fights soon, Bae didn't look rusty at all from his 4 years away and Ok is a very solid looking prospect out of Team MAD.

So I've become a bit obsessed with making Korean MMA art. No idea why.

@MilesAbove nice work. Been listening to a lot of Kpop lately, or trying to break into the Korean market with Tough Prints?

@MilesAbove nice work. Been listening to a lot of Kpop lately, or trying to break into the Korean market with Tough Prints?

Actually China is the target. We went to Japan (Rizin event) to meet with potential Chinese partners who wanted to franchise. My weird focus on KMMA is is just a me-thing. No reason really. Just got into it.

Actually China is the target. We went to Japan (Rizin event) to meet with potential Chinese partners who wanted to franchise. My weird focus on KMMA is is just a me-thing. No reason really. Just got into it.
Interesting.

They have already been in RIZIN's network since the start

Coming soon to ONE Championship?

Safe to say so, she'll squash some Egyptian Top Team jobber then probably get fast tracked to a fight with Angela.

Safe to say so, she'll squash some Egyptian Top Team jobber then probably get fast tracked to a fight with Angela.
Shed better start bulking up now, then.

Shed better start bulking up now, then.
She looks a lot bigger than she used to. I wonder if Evolve would match them up though, trying to remember if they have ever booked 2 of their fighters against each other before

Song Yeon's is fooking awesome man

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I'm the weakest artist at Tough Prints, but I've been practicing a lot. I came in as a manager of personalities and expanding the brand. But I figured hanging around a bunch of masters of art... I should try to learn. And for whatever reason Korean fighters spoke to me more.

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I'm the weakest artist at Tough Prints, but I've been practicing a lot. I came in as a manager of personalities and expanding the brand. But I figured hanging around a bunch of masters of art... I should try to learn. And for whatever reason Korean fighters spoke to me more.
It's the han inside them. Makes Korean fighters fight on no matter what. It's the secret to the Koreans' "zombie mode."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_(cultural)

Han or Haan [ha̠n][1] is a theorized culture-bound syndrome that can lead to medical conditions such as dyspnea, heart palpitation, and dizziness. Han denotes a collective feeling of oppression and isolation in the face of insurmountable odds, the overcoming of which is beyond the nation's own capabilities. It connotes aspects of lament and unavenged injustice.

The minjung theologian Suh Nam-dong describes han as a "feeling of unresolved resentment against injustices suffered, a sense of helplessness because of the overwhelming odds against one, a feeling of acute pain in one's guts and bowels, making the whole body writhe and squirm, and an obstinate urge to take revenge and to right the wrong—all these combined."[2]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back