New Korean MMA News and Discussion

From what I can gather he asked the UFC to break contract, probably got tired of UFC screwing him over. They have a big issue with how little they book and compensate Korean fighters.

Not very surprising, but still big news!

Yeah, was expecting it as soon as it was announced that UFC released her. ROAD should be a good fit for her

from what i know her management company is or has ties with Road FC, so while it's true that she's not suing the entity Road FC, they are very much involved...indirectly.

my trainer and big bro Chibin Lim has close ties to all of the fighters, so i'll ask him when i see him at the gym. he's pretty close to Seo Doo Won. hopefully he can clear all this up...i'm sure the truth is a combination of both sides.

in fact, we're going to the official first event of Gleamon FC this saturday with Chibin...here's a link to the event

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/43897-gleamon-fc-1

16807352_773971682750691_7641750976983821604_n.jpg

i know Seo Doo Won is a part of this promotion after leaving Road FC

my wife has connections to Road FC and the MMA broadcasting world as well...we often score free tickets to the events and went to the most recent Lightweight Tourney one.

anyway, i'll see what's going on with this.
Tell ye ji lee to becareful when she turns 18. Road fc boss might force her to take nude pics with a boxing glove on like how he forced song ga yeon lolol

There's definitely something between ROAD and Seo Doo Won, he left his coaching position at their gym and the promotion. Any idea where he's training at now?

Is this the same Lim as the kickboxer btw?

Seo Doo Won left his position as trainer at the Road FC gym and cut all ties with them because of this whole scandal thing...they were saying that Song Ga Yeon accused him of raping her and that's what the Road FC President said. i don't think Song Ga Yeon directly ever said that...it came from the Road FC president's mouth that she claimed it.

anyway, he's been trying with his team and close friends - Team One is still his team. in fact his best bud swung by and taught a bit of BJJ to us a few weeks ago.

and yes, the kickboxer Chibin Lim. i asked him about it last week and he just said, "i don't know...that's their issue...not mine." i left it at that since i didn't wanna dig deeper...he has ties to pretty much everyone in the Martial Arts world so i'm sure he's just standin' back on it...pretty much every MMA fighter and kickboxer looks up to him as "the guy" in striking.

i didn't know Ham was released...that's dumb on their move. when they come back to Korea they will have no Korea female in their lineup...

Seo Doo Won left his position as trainer at the Road FC gym and cut all ties with them because of this whole scandal thing...they were saying that Song Ga Yeon accused him of raping her and that's what the Road FC President said. i don't think Song Ga Yeon directly ever said that...it came from the Road FC president's mouth that she claimed it.

anyway, he's been trying with his team and close friends - Team One is still his team. in fact his best bud swung by and taught a bit of BJJ to us a few weeks ago.

and yes, the kickboxer Chibin Lim. i asked him about it last week and he just said, "i don't know...that's their issue...not mine." i left it at that since i didn't wanna dig deeper...he has ties to pretty much everyone in the Martial Arts world so i'm sure he's just standin' back on it...pretty much every MMA fighter and kickboxer looks up to him as "the guy" in striking.

i didn't know Ham was released...that's dumb on their move. when they come back to Korea they will have no Korea female in their lineup...
Yeah, the whole situation is weird and pretty bad if true. Interesting that he still does stuff at Team ONE. He picked up a win last weekend so hopefully he can get his career going again.

i'm pretty sure Team ONE is his own team...not Road FC's.

he's been training here and there at random gyms...for kickboxing, bjj, etc. i don't think he has a set place he goes to regularly...except maybe bjj?

ROAD at the very least sponsored the gym in the past, used to have their name plastered in the title and whatnot. It might officially be Seo's though, idk

Sakakibara is meeting with ROAD CEO Moon Hong Jung in Korea

Former Legend FC champ, Myung Ho Bae, will be making his return in April for Angel's Fighting 3. Pretty big return for the scene, he was supposed to be UFC bound back in the day but was blocked by Legend FC and his last win was over Li Jingliang. He hasn't fought since 2013 due to military service.
114929_141365_0651.jpg

Here's his fight with Jingliang
http://tvpot.daum.net/v/dMhpSXs4Prk$

Old TV appearance on the variety show Let's Go! Dream Team Season 2 with teammates Dong Hyun Kim, Kyung Ho Kang, and Doo Ho Choi. I'm pretty sure he was also on one of the very early episodes of season 2 with Dong.

Also
Myungho+Bae+2.jpg

Last edited:
Also
Myungho+Bae+2.jpg

More like Myoung ho BAE amirite? Preemptive joke.

Great news. Interesting that he signed to return with Angel's Fighting. They have only done kickboxing so far.

More like Myoung ho BAE amirite? Preemptive joke.

Great news. Interesting that he signed to return with Angel's Fighting. They have only done kickboxing so far.
Their events have been a mix, first event had 4 MMA bouts and the second upped it to 6. I don't think they really have contracts beyond single fights, they are a charity based event so he can probably fight wherever after this event.

I found Gleamon FC's YouTube channel. Looks like all of the fights from their debut event have been uploaded, some big KOs happened

Last edited:
Former ROAD champ Nam Jin Jo and current champ Min Jong Song want a piece of Kai Asakura now

Found Jo's post on Instagram earlier. It had me rolling!

Translation: Asakura! Let's play a game.

Was the Battlefield event last night televised? I'm looking to see the Sarah Kaufman fight. The fight has been uploaded to Cyborg's YouTube channel, but it's filmed from Kaufman's corner and in poor almost unwatchable picture quality.

Was the Battlefield event last night televised? I'm looking to see the Sarah Kaufman fight. The fight has been uploaded to Cyborg's YouTube channel, but it's filmed from Kaufman's corner and in poor almost unwatchable picture quality.
Yeah, I'll look for some video later.
Kaufman fight was nothing special, completely dominated the 1st, then cruise controlled through the last 2 rounds. Said she wants to continue her career in Korea.

Full TFC 14 event has been uploaded here minus the main and co-main event. They had some audio issues during the co-main so I assume they are trying to fix that and ended up cutting the broadcast before the main event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back