New Korean MMA News and Discussion

TFC 14 main event is up now

What a finish from Jae Woong Kim. I was pretty high on him before his military stint so it's great to see him look better than ever 2 fights into his return.

Gonna have to check these out. Did Sung Bin Jo fight? Saw eons tag him in a post regarding the event.

Edit: never mind. Just checked the results. Saw he wasn't.

He might have been in attendance or something since him, Jae Woong Kim, and Byung Hee Lim are from Extreme Combat, he didn't fight though.

Full card and results

Yeah, I'll look for some video later.
Kaufman fight was nothing special, completely dominated the 1st, then cruise controlled through the last 2 rounds. Said she wants to continue her career in Korea.

Yea, I watched some of the first round on Cyborgs YouTube channel. Picture quality was too bad, plus one angle. Would appreciate it if u do find the video. Still like to watch it, even if not terribly exciting.

Did they pay their fighters or was that just bs for the grappling match with Glover .
Not sure, haven't heard anything about it other than Glover saying that he was told they were going to get paid in 2 weeks. I guess we will find out soon if they come through on that. Not a good sign though if they don't have the money on the day of the event.

Not sure, haven't heard anything about it other than Glover saying that he was told they were going to get paid in 2 weeks. I guess we will find out soon if they come through on that. Not a good sign though if they don't have the money on the day of the event.

What promotion is this?

Most of the Battlefield FC prelims are up now

Chengjie Wu had a cool setup and submission, really looks like his training with KZ and Team MAD paid off well. Hopefully he becomes an active fighter again

Most of the Battlefield FC prelims are up now

Chengjie Wu had a cool setup and submission, really looks like his training with KZ and Team MAD paid off well. Hopefully he becomes an active fighter again

my man, what a sub. really glad to see him come back looking good.

Now that's a tight sub lol and he trains in Korea ?
I'm not sure where he's training now but he spent some time there the last few years at KZ's gym and Team MAD (the Dong Hyun Kims, Kyung Ho Kang, Doo Ho Choi, Hamderlei, and many others).

Kwon Ho Kwak has a fight scheduled for UFN in Singapore

Good bounce back fight for Kwak, battle of PXC alumni

Shows footage of his KO win over Kimihiro Eto in the finals of the DEEP trials

Wow, Hungry Yang.
giphy.gif

Nice. I hope this one ends up on a stream.
I follow the one girl who had kickboxing matches for their last two events, Jung Hwa Kim, on IG. From the looks of it, she won't be on this next event. Vacationing in Boracay right now. I don't think she takes the fighting seriously, mainly a fitness competitor. She was doing okay the last time, but every time she start brawling she got lit up. Should have stuck to using her jab to keep distance.

So I've been watching the last few Road shows, and I'd like to ask you guy's opinions of the Road English language commentators. The native English speaker (Young Kim?) I guess is was a tv personality. He reminds me of Goldbergwhen he first started. He lacks the knowledge, but he seems to enjoy the sport and is trying to learn. The play by play guy (Yeon Jun?) Speaks several languages, and you can tell he has the knowledge of both the sport and the local scene, but he's not truly fluent, which i feel hurts his explanations.

I feel they make a good team, but much like Smith and Grande of Bellator infamy, they need to learn how to build the energy and excitement. If you listen to the Korean language commentary, you may not understand anything outside of the Konglish words, but you can't help but be excited about what's going on. If the English commentators adopted 1/10 of that energy, they could be good.

What say you, KMMA followers?

ROAD FC 040 XX: Ham Seo-Hee in Atomweight title match

View attachment 215589

Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 XX: Ham Seo-Hee returns to Korea for the ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship

ROAD Fighting Championship announces that the second all-female MMA card Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 XX will take place on June 11, 2017 in the Grand Hilton Convention Centre in Seoul, South Korea. The Main Event will be the return of Ham Seo-Hee to her home of Korea to fight for the inaugural ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship.

Ham Seo-Hee (17-8, Team MAD) is the pioneer for women's MMA in South Korea. She made her professional MMA debut 10 years ago in Deep 28 Impact against Hisae Watanabe, won by decision, and became a new force in women's MMA.
continue reading:
http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RBTzNZVE8=

So I've been watching the last few Road shows, and I'd like to ask you guy's opinions of the Road English language commentators. The native English speaker (Young Kim?) I guess is was a tv personality. He reminds me of Goldbergwhen he first started. He lacks the knowledge, but he seems to enjoy the sport and is trying to learn. The play by play guy (Yeon Jun?) Speaks several languages, and you can tell he has the knowledge of both the sport and the local scene, but he's not truly fluent, which i feel hurts his explanations.

I feel they make a good team, but much like Smith and Grande of Bellator infamy, they need to learn how to build the energy and excitement. If you listen to the Korean language commentary, you may not understand anything outside of the Konglish words, but you can't help but be excited about what's going on. If the English commentators adopted 1/10 of that energy, they could be good.

What say you, KMMA followers?
yeah, i think the lack of energy is a big problem. the insight you get from the english commentary is good, but the lack of excitement in the commentary makes it a lot harder to enjoy the fights, and i'd rather listen to the korean commentary, frankly.

Back