Nate and Floyd broke Conor

The guy was never that good. All he ever did was pad his record by beating champions, #1 contenders, and a top prospect that is now the FW champ. And one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world...aside from that, he hasn't done shit.
Best boxer we've seen in MMA thus far, prob top 3 all time strikers we've seen In the sport = not that good.

lol..

the cringe is strong

even Conor's social media game has gone to shit.

Tony just owned him (again) today.

maybe the money has made him soft lol

mendes wasnt a last minute replacement for Aldo and Nate wasnt a replacement for RDA ?

He took a short notice change of opponent. As did Chad and Nate.

He already had a full camp before each fight to periodize his training, weight cut, and keeping his fast twitch reflexes sharpened. That's not taking a fight on short notice, where you've had no time to get in fight shape at all, regardless of either fighter getting a proper amount of time to gameplan.

Conor knew the date he would be fighting from months out. Max, Chad, and Nate did not.

Tony's tweets are as awful as his mic time. McNuggets and McDucker is the best he can do. But hey, the man knows how to use caps while tweeting! God damn....

He was set for life financially before he fought Alvarez. He took that fight because becoming a double champ was his career long goal.

He was hungry for the Aldo fight, and demolished the FW ranks to reach that goal. He was hungry for the Nate rematch to undo that loss. He was hungry for the Alvarez fight to become a double champ. He was hungry for the Mayweather fight to prove he could beat a boxer.

That's what McGregor keeps saying. He doesn't need the money so he needs something else to excite and motivate him, and the rest of the roster are doing a pisspoor job of creating any kind of hype around themselves.

Here are 2 things Conor has been saying since Day 1;
"Get in, get rich, get out."
"2 weight class champion."

He accomplished both of those by staying ready, fighting last minute replacements, and getting finishes. OP I dont know how to make this any clearer for you but Conor already accomplished what he set out to do. He's not here to impress Shertards that expect everyone to keep fighting until they lose and become "never that good to begin with."

You say Nate broke him but if I recall...Conor revenged Nate, put on a flawless performance on Eddie to win the LW title, then made $100 million BOXING floyd...Conor literally moved 3 steps forward after losing to Nate.

Then you bring up Floyd lol...Conor got paid $100 million in his first professional boxing match ever. You know how many boxers wanted that opportunity?

its so refreshing to see not everyone on sherdog has become retarded. Wish I could like this post 20 times.

Conor did exactly what he fucking told you internet losers he was going to do, and now hes enjoying the fruits of his labor. The 100million dollar fruits.

Guy has enough money to make his great great great great great great grandchildren rich, and sherdoggers be like "hurry up and fight again!!!! I hate you coward!!!! fight for me!!! I have to go to work so you do to1!!!"

He got beat down by that Mexican journeyman. Twice. A tippy top lightweight can't lose to that guy & still be at the very top. He's a gatekeeper.
I don't like Conor much either, but that second fight wasn't close to being a beatdown. It was a back and forth brawl that should have been a draw or a win for Conor (depending on if you gave Nate a 10-8 or not)

Man, this thread reminds me of what was so awesome about Conor McGregor in the first place. When he was coming up it was his mentality, mouth and fighting style that made him so much fun. Unfortunately, now all that's left is his mouth (or more specifically his twitter fingers).

They put the fear of God in him. Pre-Nate Conor was active and willing to fight anyone and on short notice if needed. I think Conor is in Stage 1 Adrenal Fatigue and needs some rest.

How is fighting one of the best boxers ever not "willing to fight anyone"??

God you're a dumbass.

This is one of the dumbest Conor hating threads, and that's saying a lot.
Stop posting.

They put the fear of God in him. Pre-Nate Conor was active and willing to fight anyone and on short notice if needed. I think Conor is in Stage 1 Adrenal Fatigue and needs some rest.
These idiotic posts are becoming tiresome....if anything his massive paydays have deterred him from giving a fuck about fighting again....only reason I see him coming back for is 1-2 more super fights in attempt to be remember as the best ever....

I see him fighting the winner of Khabib vs Max, and if he loses to either...he can still finish his career off with the Diaz trilogy fight.

Only thing that can throw a wrench into the above is Floyd Mayweather actually fighting in MMA.

Man, this thread reminds me of what was so awesome about Conor McGregor in the first place. When he was coming up it was his mentality, mouth and fighting style that made him so much fun. Unfortunately, now all that's left is his mouth (or more specifically his twitter fingers).
Meh he is living life...sucks for us fans I agree...but if he comes back and beats the champ...well shuts us all up doesnt it.

You are right though...his attitude and activity made me a fan, he chose to spend time away with family and enjoy his money....I cant blame him for that....FUCK I wish I could do that I fucking hate my job!!

Money changed him. He is no longer an anywhere, anytime, any place kind of fighter.

Holloway is doing everything Conor didn't or couldn't.

Defending his belt, stepping up on short notice against Khabib.

Holloway has massive balls.
No, Holloway is doing exactly what Conor did do. He beat Aldo, jumped a division to fight fr the title. What paint are you huffin

TS has never even imagined being successful.

I don't think Conor has ever taken a fight on short notice, much less in a higher weight class against a brutal killer who's style does not match up well with his own.

Details matter. Picking and choosing a fight that favors your style (ie., an easy win) in 'a fight where you have nothing to lose', is much different than stepping in on 5 days notice, practically still injured, against an undefeated monster, in 'a fight where you have nothing to lose'.

Ducking Ortegoat. Pretty obvious

The guy was never that good. All he ever did was pad his record by beating champions, #1 contenders, and a top prospect that is now the FW champ. And one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world...aside from that, he hasn't done shit.
lol Agreed

Back