Namajunas: I won’t accept third Joanna fight unless she publicly says I’m the best

oh-snap.gif

You made some good points. I get what you're saying and part of me agrees. Someone had to have the title shot and JJ had already beaten the three fighters you listed so their really wasn't any new fights for them to make for her. Putting her up against someone she already beat doesn't create much hype especially for a champion who looked so dominant. I think they maybe did at times select specific fighters for Rose in order to hype her but I also think they put Rose up against JJ in order to help hype the division. Something new and hopefully exciting, which it turned out to be. But I get that would mean it was more because JJ tore through everyone and less because of anything that Rose did. Out of all the fighters left that JJ hadn't beaten she most likely was the most deserving. So I guess I do agree overall.

I read your other posts after I replied. I think the only disagreement is on using the word "deserved". Rose got her shot more because of process of elimination. I do think she got preferential matchups that helped her a lot but she made the most of it so I can't really fault her. I just want to see her fight someone else now who has a different style

To be fair she did submit Markos during TUF

That's just it. She has very good bjj. Most people thought if she was gonna beat JJ it would be a submission. I don't discount her beating everyone and being a better champ than JJ was. I just want to see that.

I know why Rose got the title shot. I have no problem with that. I'm saying she ducked Gadelha before that.
Gadelha called out Rose before she went for the easier fight with Waterson. They were both coming off losses when I first saw Gadelha say it. Gadelha had just lost the second time to JJ and Rose had lost to Karolina.

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/next-ufc-212-winner-claudia-gadelha-its-complicated
“I’m in a little bit of a complicated situation in the division,” Gadelha said. “I’m the No. 1 in the (UFC’s) ranking, but I fought the champion twice. Everybody is going to want to bypass me to fight Joanna. Like Rose (Namajunas). She said she doesn’t want to fight me; she wants to fight Joanna. Before she’d said, ‘Claudia, not now. I’m going to fight Michelle (Waterson). It’s two pretty girls. We’re going to have a cool fight.’ Cool, so she fought Michelle, and maybe she’ll fight for the title.
I don't understand how those circumstances should be constituted as ducking. People love to throw that word around, but sometimes it's not so much ducking as it is X, Y, or Z. Otherwise we could accuse Gadelha of ducking Esparza for so many years (which I don't believe).

For example, Waterson had just come off winning against PVZ in the most watched TV event since 2013 (PVZ vs. Waterson peaked at 4.8 million). Business-wise, why wouldn't Namajunas try to fight Waterson? Context matters.

I don't understand how those circumstances should be constituted as ducking. People love to throw that word around, but sometimes it's not so much ducking as it is X, Y, or Z. Otherwise we could accuse Gadelha of ducking Esparza for so many years (which I don't believe).

For example, Waterson had just come off winning against PVZ in the most watched TV event since 2013 (PVZ vs. Waterson peaked at 4.8 million). Business-wise, why wouldn't Namajunas try to fight Waterson? Context matters.

Yes, context matters but you refuse to see any. Gadelha was still ranked #1 behind JJ at the time as she says right there in her quote. She knew another fight with JJ wasn't in the cards so soon so called out Rose. A fight with Gadelha would have easily made Rose the #1 contender. Rose ducked the callout and called out Waterson instead.

Look, If you think wins over Waterson and VanZant earned Rose a title shot then fine. I think she backed in to one by process of elimination. She didn't want to fight someone who would have made her the #1 contender. It worked out for her because that's how the UFC works.

ahaha love it!! look at all the booger woman apologist in this thread so butthurt!!

<{1-69}>

Well, youll lose soon, then JJ will get her belt back from whoever chokes you out and youll be the one begging for a shot.

Hi Joanna! Not only are you like the only fighter to post here, I'm pretty sure you're the only female. The guys on here think you're a 9/10 so I don't blame you for lurking.

More wmma. Great.

BUT, I like Rose and I dislike JJ and her full retarded denial mode so I kind of enjoy it.

has there ever been a scenario where two fighters fought 3 time in a row against each other?

that would be so stupid. it's not tekken. you don't have to keep re-matching an opponent over and over.

I guess the women's straweight division is just going to become Rose vs Joanna fighting over and over again. Are there any other deserving fighters in this weight class? If not then get rid of it!

Yes, context matters but you refuse to see any. Gadelha was still ranked #1 behind JJ at the time as she says right there in her quote. She knew another fight with JJ wasn't in the cards so soon so called out Rose. A fight with Gadelha would have easily made Rose the #1 contender. Rose ducked the callout and called out Waterson instead.

Look, If you think wins over Waterson and VanZant earned Rose a title shot then fine. I think she backed in to one by process of elimination. She didn't want to fight someone who would have made her the #1 contender. It worked out for her because that's how the UFC works.
Take your own advice. Namajunas didn't call out Waterson in order to receive a title shot, she called out Waterson because Waterson's last fight was the most watched UFC television card since 2013, and you're hilariously trying to spin that context as ducking.

Well, youll lose soon, then JJ will get her belt back from whoever chokes you out and youll be the one begging for a shot.

Yeah, that might play out. After all, JJ tried and failed twice at taking Rose out herself so has to rely on someone to do it for her.

Take your own advice. Namajunas didn't call out Waterson in order to receive a title shot, she called out Waterson because Waterson's last fight was the most watched UFC television card since 2013, and you're hilariously trying to spin that context as ducking.

Rigggght She called out Waterson instead of the girl who'd get her an instant title shot because Waterson was part of the hot girls feature presentation. How ridiculous.

That's awesome; way to come back at that gremlin.

As a huge jj fan i gotta say thats a good one by her extreme thuggishness

Back