Namajunas: I won’t accept third Joanna fight unless she publicly says I’m the best

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/5/...czyk-fight-publicly-says-im-the-best-mma-news

“Right now, that fight doesn’t really interest me at the moment,” Namajunas told TMZ Sports (transcript via MMA Fighting). “I think I’d be interested to see how she does with somebody else before even entertaining that possibility.”

“At the moment, there’s not much to gain from running that back again.”

The current strawweight champion, however, is not totally closing her doors for a potential third fight with the Polish Muay Thai champion. In fact, she has set one condition that would make her agree

“Unless she says I’m the best - publicly! Publicly because I already know she knows,” Namajunas said with a laugh.

“Just say it, to everybody,” she continued. “She knows I’m the best, but she won’t admit it to everybody.”

picard_clapping.gif

Last edited:
Joana got beaten twice in a row by Rose. She needs to fight at least 2 or 3 times before being considered to get a 3rd one against Rose.

Well, youll lose soon, then JJ will get her belt back from whoever chokes you out and youll be the one begging for a shot.

So basically never. Good on you Rose.

Good for her. First it was the weight cut, then it was the judges. Joanna needs to accept the reality that Rose is better. Period.

Sounds good to me, even though she still really wouldn't deserve a third chance to beat Rose..

Lmao Joanna should say the same thing after Andrade smashes Rose then Joanna beats Andrade again.

This is just the result of TMZ "reporters" asking stupid questions. They probably don't know another fighter in the division, so asked about the one name they know. There is no grounds to even discuss a third fight for a long time.

Well, youll lose soon, then JJ will get her belt back from whoever chokes you out and youll be the one begging for a shot.
See now Joanna just needs to accept that Rose is better, like you have. At least we can all agree that JJ will never win the belt from Rose.

See now Joanna just needs to accept that Rose is better, like you have. At least we can all agree that JJ will never win the belt from Rose.
It's quite funny how he indirectly admitted it <45>.

She shouldn't have to fight Joanna again for a long time. I would love to see her fight a grappler though like Andrade and see if Rose is just a poor style matchup for Joanna or if she really is the best. Rose outright ducked Gadelha and got a title shot without beating any of the other top 5 girls.

This is just the result of TMZ "reporters" asking stupid questions. They probably don't know another fighter in the division, so asked about the one name they know. There is no grounds to even discuss a third fight for a long time.
Just like some of the more famous MMA 'news reporters'. Focused only on controversy, generating hits and leading to more success than others who focus less on such things.

in other words "beg me". i like thug Rose.

Back