Namajunas: I won’t accept third Joanna fight unless she publicly says I’m the best

Well she's right that Joanna shouldn't get a third fight anytime soon, but she's not a better fight, this is just a case of a bad stylistic match up.

Joana got beaten twice in a row by Rose. She needs to fight at least 2 or 3 times before being considered to get a 3rd one against Rose.

That's the thing though...she's already beating everyone else...what I think might happen is...rose is going to lose to one of those girls...and then joanna is going to beat them and win the title back..this way avoiding rose.

She should also challenge Joanna to put her career on the line as well. If she loses, her and her cringe Boogeywoman crap are gone from not only the UFC but MMA FOR GOOD!

Then Joanna goes full heel during the fight and resorts to cheating but in the end it isn't enough and she loses again anyway. The fans sing the 'Na na na na. Hey hey hey. Goodbye' chant to Joanna on her way out. We never see her again.

Unless JJ has really fallen off or the other girls have caught up, I don't know if there are 4 fights in the division for her. She could rematch Karolina or Andrade but I'd like to see them fight Rose too. Especially Andrade.

I think the only question about Rose is how she'll do fighting a style like Andrade or Gadelha or even Esparza again. Would she fight like JJ did using movement or would she be more content to go to her back and use her bjj? I want to see those matchups.

Your right there might not be 4 fights for her. A fight against Tatiana is a start though. Then a rematch against Karolina. How Rose will do? Who knows I still remember her getting broken by Esparza interested to see if that happens again when someone pressures her like that.

Or if its anything like Joseph benevidas you can win 6 in a row and nobody will even talk about you getting a title shot. Lost a split decision to dj first go, on a 6 fight win streak, has only lost to dj at flw, and nobody talks about him

I felt like Benevidez was going to win the rematch after a razor thin first fight. I think he's earned another crack at this point, but it's hard to get interested in a trilogy when a fighter is down 2 losses, because what if that fighter wins the third fight?

Joana got beaten twice in a row by Rose. She needs to fight at least 2 or 3 times before being considered to get a 3rd one against Rose.
Completely agree. It's not like the fights were even close. If they were then I could see an argument for it but Joanna got dominated and needs to accept that and move on.

Joanna needs to win a few fights in a row before we even start talking about a 3rd fight. I can't imagine anyone wanting to see that fight.

Why do you think Rose is a brat?

I remember watching her on the TUF show and thought she kind of came across as a 'bratty' little kid at times. She may have grown up somewhat since then. That and she kind of reminds me of this girl I used to know the way she talks and looks. Me and her were cool but she could be a brat at times, too.

UnselfishVapidEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

Get some hotter chicks
Fook you, that gif derailed the whole thread, nobody here discusses strawweight division, but that stoopid gif!

Are we going by UFC rankings or not?

I don't mind if you want to move the goal post, but you previously said that Namajunas never defeated anyone in the top five to earn a title shot, but according to the UFC's rankings neither did Gadelha.
Cláudia was already a top 115er before the division even existed in the UFC.

She shouldn't have to fight Joanna again for a long time. I would love to see her fight a grappler though like Andrade and see if Rose is just a poor style matchup for Joanna or if she really is the best. Rose outright ducked Gadelha and got a title shot without beating any of the other top 5 girls.
I agree, I would love to see her fight others, preferably of a different style to determine how good she really is before calling her the best, but I always find it funny that most people admit rankings are a joke and that people shouldn't think too much into them but use the "didn't fight top ranked fighter" when the excuse is convenient for themselves. Rose deserved the title shot and won. Get over it. Is she the best? Too early to tell.

I remember watching her on the TUF show and thought she kind of came across as a 'bratty' little kid at times. She may have grown up somewhat since then. That and she kind of reminds me of this girl I used to know the way she talks and looks. Me and her were cool but she could be a brat at times, too.
That doesn't seem to be rock solid. The way she came across at 21 on a reality show and she reminds you of a brat you knew because their looks and the way they talk is the same. I'm not saying she isn't or is a brat. Just seems like you don't really know either.

How often do two attractive fighters fight? This isn't one of those times for the record, but I'd still watch.
Joanna attractive? You need to Get out more..

Yeah,but nothing compared to joanna the brat!

LOL Don't be that guy. Don't act like the UFC had that division for decades. Gadelha was thought of as the best in the world at that weight class till Joanna beat her. Meanwhile, Rose was losing to Esparza on the TUF finale. Coincidentally, Esparza is still the only really good wrestler Rose has faced in 4 years.
What do you mean?
giphy.gif

Moving the goal post: Namajunas got the title shot because she was the highest ranked fighter that Joanna hadn't defeated yet, it would've been silly for the matchmakers to book #5 Namajunas against #2 Andrade (who lost to Joanna that same year) or #4 Gadelha (who is 0-2 against Joanna); and #3 Souza was competing in Invicta FC. Namajunas called out Waterson after the former had lost against Karolina, so I'm not sure how that constitutes as outright ducking, never mind the fact that it was around the Karolina fight (and for the remainder of the year) that Namajunas was having personal problems with Barry.

Ultimately, I'll be looking forward to see how Namajunas fairs against Andrade. If Torres wins, I see Namajunas defeating her.

Seriously. Why would anyone think she needs a third chance? Earn that shot.

I agree, I would love to see her fight others, preferably of a different style to determine how good she really is before calling her the best, but I always find it funny that most people admit rankings are a joke and that people shouldn't think too much into them but use the "didn't fight top ranked fighter" when the excuse is convenient for themselves. Rose deserved the title shot and won. Get over it. Is she the best? Too early to tell.

She didn't deserve. She did nothing to get this title shot, was on 1 win streak. JJ cleared division and that was it. Tecia got better win streak than Rose.
Not first time not last time, but usually when you avoid top of division to get title shot you will get dethroned very quickly or you will have to duck a lot (Cody, Bisping, Holly)

Back