My Lego Block

Neat!

I need a new hobby as, should I get any further into pro wrestling, I'd have to start a podcast or something. I loved Lego as a kid and considered picking it up.

Pros
1) Allows for complete absorption in a task which I find very comforting.
2) Can be used for role-playing miniatures, another hobby I've been looking into.

Cons
1) Expensive
2) Time-consuming

My damn wiener kids will want to get in on it, too. It will teach them patience and discipline (and me, also, because I'll have to referee them.) Mixed bag there.

I consider the second con as a pro, actually. Can't remember the last time i had a hour and a half to myself, not looking at internet or whatnot. Then i got myself this:
7105-Batman-The-Tumbler-Batmobile-Batwing-Joker-Super-Heroes-Decool-Building-Block-Bricks-Set-Compatible-With.jpg_640x640.jpg

Poured myself a nice dram of scotch and relaxed to the fullest (once kids were asleep). They were thrilled to see it in the morning.

Try some (a smaller lego city set or something), if you realize it's not your cup of tea, just give it to a local hospital child unit or an orphanage. You're not out of a lot of money, and you can't say you never tried.

That motorcycle piece is way more impressive than the one from my youth. There are so many new helmets and armor pieces these days.

I saw online someone 3D prints DBZ SSJ Goku hair, Vegeta hair.

That motorcycle piece is way more impressive than the one from my youth. There are so many new helmets and armor pieces these days.

I saw online someone 3D prints DBZ SSJ Goku hair, Vegeta hair.

check out this old set.

My 2 year old would love that
I've been to lego land 3 times already this year

Hes up for adoption if he leaves anymore at he bottom of the FUCKING stairs when I'm in a zombie state trying to get out to work in the morning

best thing I ever bought for my kids. bags and bags of used (steam cleaned) legos on ebay. they play with that mismatched shit am day and really get to use their imagination.

best thing I ever bought for my kids. bags and bags of used (steam cleaned) legos on ebay. they play with that mismatched shit am day and really get to use their imagination.

Can't wait to do the same. Guy I work with has two of those "suitcases" full waiting in his parents' attic to get passed down. We get first crack at them.

Does steam clean the stuff that'd get on the Lego if it fell into the toilet? I never thought of using steam to clean stuff other than suits.

Does steam clean the stuff that'd get on the Lego if it fell into the toilet? I never thought of using steam to clean stuff other than suits.
it should.

otherwise throw it in your dishwasher

Awesome

Cant wait for my kid to be old enough for legos.
These big wooden blocks we have now arent much fun(for me)

What happens is that you spend all of this time building it, and then your kids destroy it while playing with it.

Hespect.

Legos are the shit.

They were awesome when I was a kid and they've improved, which is amazing to me

Are the City Lego's popular? I was always a Castle and Pirates geek. I've got 3 of each now, but my 4.5 year old son keeps wanting to dominate them and I have to nerd rage and tell him not to break them lol

What happens is that you spend all of this time building it, and then your kids destroy it while playing with it.
Is followed by a flurry of uppercuts.

Damn kids don't mess with my lego.

What is this!? Did you cement it all with kragle too?!!!

I'm building robots and spaceships who's sole mission is to destroy your town. I'll report back later...

Got mysel. . . Uhm... my kids this awesome set.

LEGO-70906-The-Joker-Notorious-Lowrider.jpg

1,5 hrs of fun right there...

Great set, fun to build (for me) and fun to play with (for me and the kids).
I took the chinese version, less than $20. Highly recommended

Got one side of the street coming together real good.

That's pretty cool. Is it sitting on the floor or a table? Taking one side of the room. I would personally add a train set. I hope you don't have any animals or small children. Nice hobby. Are those SWAT snipers sitting on the top of the building?

Back