My brother had a CNN interview today regarding his support for Trump.

He voted Democrat, like I did, when they seemed like they cared about vital industry. Hillary's campaign forgot both about the unions and the industries that support them. Trump sounded like a Democrat (former) on trade, of course.

Former when?

Because GATT was established under Truman, Kennedy expanded it, Clinton signed NAFTA.

Still any normal, thinking person would had realized that Trump was not going to deliver on any of its promises because he would cave to the Republican party.

And anyone with an history in manufacturing would had realized the amount of automation that its going on in said industries.

So that leaves only people who think that there will be tons of $30/hr building toasters and washing machines coming if NAFTA was repealed.

AKA rubes.

@Amerikuracana

Also democrats failed the working man, but come on.

Republicans had no issues approving a 800 billion bailout for the banksters, but when car companies were asking for a pittance in comparison ($14 billions) the Republicans were tearing them a new one about the free market and responsibility.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-criticize-auto-bailout-idUSTRE4B50CL20081210

Obama even diverted funds from the bank bailout to save the car industry since Congress refused to save these companies.

But of course had no issue spending almost a trillion to save the banks.

Former when?

Because GATT was established under Truman, Kennedy expanded it, Clinton signed NAFTA.

Still any normal, thinking person would had realized that Trump was not going to deliver on any of its promises because he would cave to the Republican party.

And anyone with an history in manufacturing would had realized the amount of automation that its going on in said industries.

So that leaves only people who think that there will be tons of $30/hr building toasters and washing machines coming if NAFTA was repealed.

AKA rubes.

You are parroting the automation thing like everybody else. Yes, they have robots now. Factories around here are hiring, including the big 3. Sorry about that reality, I know it interferes with with the defeatist attitude towards America you like to roll around in. Robots are still limited, even with the advances in automation.

Trump actually has encouraged American manufacturing; you are speaking in partisanese, not English. I'm so, so sorry that Trump actually does want to improve trade deals like he said he would, at least working on the main reason Independants voted for him. Of course the current two party system sucks, and the kneeling to the right establishment will result in some bad policy.. That's why people rebuked the establishment Rs and voted for the guy.

You are parroting the automation thing like everybody else. Yes, they have robots now.

Because it seems you guys are unaware of it, you think jobs just left elsehwere.

Factories around here are hiring, including the big 3. Sorry about that reality, I know it interferes with with the defeatist attitude towards America you like to roll around in. Robots are still limited, even with the advances in automation.

And who said they didnt? the only ones who are defeatists are the Trump voters and Trump himself who painted a bleak economy in 2016.

Trump actually has encouraged American manufacturing; you are speaking in partisanese, not English. I'm so, so sorry that Trump actually does want to improve trade deals like he said he would, at least working on the main reason Independants voted for him

1.- American manufacturing has doubled since the 90s, yet manufacturing jobs continue to fall. So more output with less people.

You and your rube of a brother still believe that somehow its possible to have 30/hr to high school dropouts, its not going to happen. Manufacturing jobs will require more education and produce more with less people.

2.- Improve trade deals how? The US doesnt has a trade deal with China. Trump campaigned on "trade deals = bad."

Because it seems you guys are unaware of it, you think jobs just left elsehwere.

And who said they didnt? the only ones who are defeatists are the Trump voters and Trump himself who painted a bleak economy in 2016.

1.- American manufacturing has doubled since the 90s, yet manufacturing jobs continue to fall. So more output with less people.

You and your rube of a brother still believe that somehow its possible to have 30/hr to high school dropouts, its not going to happen. Manufacturing jobs will require more education and produce more with less people.

2.- Improve trade deals how? The US doesnt has a trade deal with China.

The jobs just left elsewhere. Live in reality.

2.- Improve trade deals how? The US doesnt has a trade deal with China. Trump campaigned on "trade deals = bad."

Source on American manufacturing doubling, please. Trade deficits definitely say otherwise.

We lost like 6,000 factories.

You are parroting the automation thing like everybody else. Yes, they have robots now. Factories around here are hiring, including the big 3. Sorry about that reality, I know it interferes with with the defeatist attitude towards America you like to roll around in. Robots are still limited, even with the advances in automation.

Trump actually has encouraged American manufacturing; you are speaking in partisanese, not English. I'm so, so sorry that Trump actually does want to improve trade deals like he said he would, at least working on the main reason Independants voted for him. Of course the current two party system sucks, and the kneeling to the right establishment will result in some bad policy.. That's why people rebuked the establishment Rs and voted for the guy.

No one said factories aren't hiring but there are less and less jobs (or the majority that had been lost are not coming back). Are you even remotely involved with production/manufacturing industry? I am and I can tell you most companies (including small/medium sized) are heading that way. From a quality perspective automation cannot be beat. Yes there are things automation cannot do but that list is growing shorter and shorter. There will come a time when it'll be all automated and all you will need are people to fixes/maintain the automation but thats still far ways off. Hell eventually even those jobs will be maintained by robots. But we have a growing population and less jobs for them to do it manufacturing overall.

The reality is we have been transitioning the workforce for decades and it's finally tipping over to the automation side. The only reason some companies haven't transitioned over yet is upfront cost but once it's done they never look back. Quality goes way up, decreases in waste, saves money and hence increases profits.

Source on American manufacturing doubling, please. Trade deficits definitely say otherwise.

We lost like 6,000 factories.

mfg1.jpg

Im sorry that Intel, Boeing and Tesla arent hiring rubes, but high tech manufacturing requires highly educated workers.

My bad, it not since the 90s, its since the 80s.

mfg1.jpg

Im sorry that Intel, Boeing and Tesla arent hiring rubes, but high tech manufacturing requires highly educated workers.

My bad, it not since the 90s, its since the 80s.

You keep using the word rube.. My bro was the cool guy in school. He has nice cars and is kind of the opposite of a hick.

I thought low of factory workers in general until I worked at a Ford plant for a while. There are, in fact, a lot of dumbasses who think they are smarter than they are because they have a good amount of money. But there are also your totally normal people that don't want to work at fkn Starbucks who like having houses and boats. Your connected Italian types who got in that way. A lot of the popular people from HS. You don't k me what you're talking about.

I need to k me what we are producing more of. I don't think I trust your chart. You don't see "made in america" on much. Everything used to be made here.

A vote for trump was a vote against the two party system they worked in concert to gut manufacturing in America, pass nafta, open borders, etc.
Sure he ran as a Republican but he's obviously a populist and nationalist at heart
Lol at a pussy grabbing billionaire who got rich screwing honest hardworking people standing for anything other than himself

stupidity is contagious

You keep using the word rube.. My bro was the cool guy in school. He has nice cars and is kind of the opposite of a hick.

I thought low of factory workers in general until I worked at a Ford plant for a while. There are, in fact, a lot of dumbasses who think they are smarter than they are because they have a good amount of money. But there are also your totally normal people that don't want to work at fkn Starbucks who like having houses and boats. Your connected Italian types who got in that way. A lot of the popular people from HS. You don't k me what you're talking about.

I need to k me what we are producing more of. I don't think I trust your chart. You don't see "made in america" on much. Everything used to be made here.

The rube part was about blaming Obama and then voting republican, i dont know your brother.

And go figure, you wont trust any data that contradicts your personal beliefs. You cant be a Trumper if you arent selective about facts.

Lol at a pussy grabbing billionaire who got rich screwing honest hardworking people standing for anything other than himself

stupidity is contagious

You can think it's foolish but that doesn't make it false. If anything it just speaks to how frustrated middle America was with the 2 party crooks and how desperate they were for someone to speak of things that matter to them.

Those psychological and spiritual problem don't always necessarily manifest themselves in the individual, but in the collective that he represents.

Let's put it this way, if there are a large number of men out of work, or working a job that is deeply unfulfilling, we are going to see those problems manifesting themselves upon our societies. Even if there are individuals who do not have a problem with it. The collective itself is going to form a certain culture around it that's going to develop to be a problem.

So people are going to spend more times at leisure with their family and friends and be able to pick up hobbies to pass time.

The horror.

Imagine the rubes who thought they were getting hope and change.

So people are going to spend more times at leisure with their family and friends and be able to pick up hobbies to pass time.

The horror.

As if that's going to happen.

I was there. They asked me if I was going on, I said no thanks. They met him and a work buddy, both Ford employees from the older days making great money with benefits.

It's footage for a special or something to be on in the near future. He talked about voting for obama, and how the union workers want a return of manufacturing, and how the dems abandoning them turned them to trump.

He's a tough dude. He isn't poorly spoken, but he's rough around the edges. Has money. I think he wanted me there because he knew they were going to paint him as being negative against trump, or being a rube. He isn't a rube, he is a well paid factory worker who could have done many other things.

Would any of you have thrust yourself into the limelight there?

Good OP with a lot to jump off into. How automation will effect American manufacturing in the future.... how do we logically employ this new tech in a reasonable amount of time.... what's the sacrifice? Also has good insight on how 1 significant issue can push a voter to a candidate they don't really want.... a whole bag of "are you comfortable being on a network that fully intends to use you as part of a narrative" in there too. Solid thread. We need more of this....

He should ask CNN when they're going to apologize for the murder of police officers based on the false narrative they pushed so hard last year.

....and we need way less of this.

You can think it's foolish but that doesn't make it false. If anything it just speaks to how frustrated middle America was with the 2 party crooks and how desperate they were for someone to speak of things that matter to them.

So middle America is gullible and emotional like children?

Ill be honest and say that i had a positive image of Trump as someone capable of throwing a wrench into politics but when i read about Trump University i realize the guy is a conman who has used a system that favors the rich to commit legal robbery.

So middle America is gullible and emotional like children?

Ill be honest and say that i had a positive image of Trump as someone capable of throwing a wrench into politics but when i read about Trump University i realize the guy is a conman who has used a system that favors the rich to commit legal robbery.
I would say most people (not just Americans) are gullible. Politicians conning voters is common throughout the world. I thought Trump would try to change things for the better out of ego (so he could be known as a great savior), but quickly enough I realized he was a republican in a populist's clothing.

Back