My brother had a CNN interview today regarding his support for Trump.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
I was there. They asked me if I was going on, I said no thanks. They met him and a work buddy, both Ford employees from the older days making great money with benefits.

It's footage for a special or something to be on in the near future. He talked about voting for obama, and how the union workers want a return of manufacturing, and how the dems abandoning them turned them to trump.

He's a tough dude. He isn't poorly spoken, but he's rough around the edges. Has money. I think he wanted me there because he knew they were going to paint him as being negative against trump, or being a rube. He isn't a rube, he is a well paid factory worker who could have done many other things.

Would any of you have thrust yourself into the limelight there?

You're brave, the sleuths on here might be able to find out your identity.

To be fair, that really is how being a rube works. A person is looking for something, and it is offered falsely by a person who has another agenda. There is not such a person, who is of reasonable intelligence and voted for Trump, who is not in some sense a rube (except for wealthy, selfish people). It's not as if we didn't see it coming.

He should ask CNN when they're going to apologize for the murder of police officers based on the false narrative they pushed so hard last year.

1hy5.jpg

To be fair, that really is how being a rube works. A person is looking for something, and it is offered falsely by a person who has another agenda. There is not such a person, who is of reasonable intelligence and voted for Trump, who is not in some sense a rube (except for wealthy, selfish people). It's not as if we didn't see it coming.

Speaking of being a rube....I like people who use generalizations such as “it’s not as if we didn’t see it coming”. LOL, “it”.

you do know obama propped up the car industry after bush fucked it and was criticised for doing so by the republicans , right?
in a world of global manufacturing corporations like ford and others move their factories where they want.
reform of offshore tax havens for major companies preventing them from doing that would help and buying cars made in the US would support US jobs, you cant put blame on obama alone for your brothers situation, and believing trump is going to bring his job back , well lets see shall we.

I was there. They asked me if I was going on, I said no thanks. They met him and a work buddy, both Ford employees from the older days making great money with benefits.

It's footage for a special or something to be on in the near future. He talked about voting for obama, and how the union workers want a return of manufacturing, and how the dems abandoning them turned them to trump.

He's a tough dude. He isn't poorly spoken, but he's rough around the edges. Has money. I think he wanted me there because he knew they were going to paint him as being negative against trump, or being a rube. He isn't a rube, he is a well paid factory worker who could have done many other things.

CNN is tracking you now. Be prepared for doxing. Better mind your Ps and Qs!

Those good paying car manufacturers and low skill factory jobs aren't coming back. Germany and other countries with the primary focus on a manufacturing economy lose them as well.
My uncle worked for Opel in Germany for 40 years with significant benefits good money especially when he did night shift weekend etc.
But at the end of the day, he was just putting on some parts on a car. A Vietnamese or Chinese guy can do the same thing. And those jobs are getting less and less anyway.

Instead of telling the people those jobs are coming back you should prepare the workers for the next step. Building and maintaining machines that will build those cars in the future for example.
Make sure you have a workforce that can compete in 2050, not 1950. That will, of course, suck for a while.
But promising to get those jobs back simply won't happen.

Those good paying car manufacturers and low skill factory jobs aren't coming back. Germany and other countries with the primary focus on a manufacturing economy lose them as well.
My uncle worked for Opel in Germany for 40 years with significant benefits good money especially when he did night shift weekend etc.
But at the end of the day, he was just putting on some parts on a car. A Vietnamese or Chinese guy can do the same thing. And those jobs are getting less and less anyway.

Instead of telling the people those jobs are coming back you should prepare the workers for the next step. Building and maintaining machines that will build those cars in the future for example.
Make sure you have a workforce that can compete in 2050, not 1950. That will, of course, suck for a while.

I mean, the economy was better with them.. But ok yeah, the $28 an hour is gone. Factories around here are hiring at 17.50 an hour right now, so maybe can the defeatist attitude towards the jobs that are STILL, like it or not, the heart beat of our economy.

Last edited:
you do know obama propped up the car industry after bush fucked it and was criticised for doing so by the republicans , right?
in a world of global manufacturing corporations like ford and others move their factories where they want.
reform of offshore tax havens for major companies preventing them from doing that would help and buying cars made in the US would support US jobs, you cant put blame on obama alone for your brothers situation, and believing trump is going to bring his job back , well lets see shall we.

Yeah I wouldn't vote for Romney because of it.

Who said anything about blaming Obama for anything?

<DontBelieve1>

Dude, it was at a local family diner. Three girl crew. Seemed nice. Talked a bit to the lead blond. Don't know her name right now, but once I get it I'll post it. 3 liberal looking women lol. But nice.

Those jobs are actually coming back but more so due to automation, than anything else.

Why bother having Vietnamese and Chinese guys building cars, when machines can do the work? The living standards are already increasing in these countries to a point where it's no longer as beneficial to run a company there, as it used to be. Not to mention these are still unstable commie countries that can nationalize a business at a whim.

Sooner or later, all of us who do any sort of physical work, are going to be put out of business.

Those jobs are actually coming back but more so due to automation, than anything else.

Why bother having Vietnamese and Chinese guys building cars, when machines can do the work? The living standards are already increasing in these countries to a point where it's no longer as beneficial to run a company there, as it used to be. Not to mention these are still unstable commie countries that can nationalize a business at a whim.

Sooner or later, all of us who do any sort of physical work, are going to be put out of business.

Dude... The computer paper shuffling jobs are more replaceable than the trades and lots of physical work. Yes, America factories will be more automated. That's ok. The wealth stays in america, and factories will always employ more people than most other buildings.

Back