My brother had a CNN interview today regarding his support for Trump.

A vote for trump was a vote against the two party system they worked in concert to gut manufacturing in America, pass nafta, open borders, etc.
Sure he ran as a Republican but he's obviously a populist and nationalist at heart
Unfortunately Trump did not end up being anthing near what he portrayed to his voting base while campaigning. Unfortunately he ended up being worse than the two party system in many ways. His goal is not to save middle class America. It’s clear he is helping the rich get richer and really not much more. This tax plan? It’s bullshit. Have you read it? It’s going to make the .1 richest in the country billions and will Fuck the middle class. And doesn’t even start with the trickle down bullshit.

I would say most people (not just Americans) are gullible. Politicians conning voters is common throughout the world. I thought Trump would try to change things for the better out of ego (so he could be known as a great savior), but quickly enough I realized he was a republican in a populist's clothing.

I thought the same until i read about Trump U. case as i said.

He is an absolute sack of shit.

You
No he didn't.
Talking to me? I think he invited me just so I would believe him. He was interviewed for four hours in his home by a Japanese news crew after Trump won. I guess that's how CNN heard of him. I really don't even know how he got into all this.

I get it.. you guys aren't happy with Trump. I don't know what to tell you. I think he has done everything in his power to carry out the agenda he ran on and he's been thwarted the entire way.

Imo this is what it looks like when the establishment resists an outsider. 97% of the cess pool called DC voted for Clinton. Jimmy Carter said he's never seen anything approaching the level of hatred the media has shown Trump. We have judges overturning every executive order he writes. And worst of all we have the rhinos in Congress.

. And worst of all we have the rhinos in Congress.
CITES-3.jpg

Good OP with a lot to jump off into. How automation will effect American manufacturing in the future.... how do we logically employ this new tech in a reasonable amount of time.... what's the sacrifice? Also has good insight on how 1 significant issue can push a voter to a candidate they don't really want.... a whole bag of "are you comfortable being on a network that fully intends to use you as part of a narrative" in there too. Solid thread. We need more of this....

....and we need way less of this.

And here I was thinking we needed less profit driven media division...

To be fair, that really is how being a rube works. A person is looking for something, and it is offered falsely by a person who has another agenda. There is not such a person, who is of reasonable intelligence and voted for Trump, who is not in some sense a rube (except for wealthy, selfish people). It's not as if we didn't see it coming.
What about people that thought vote for Trump was a vote for a grenade, a grenade that they're selling in to the system?

Last edited:
fascinating it took this long for people to start criticising rinos, theyve been that way for years, guess the tea party started the noise.
whats even more interesting is why people think a billionare narcissist is the answer to that

fascinating it took this long for people to start criticising rinos, theyve been that way for years, guess the tea party started the noise.
whats even more interesting is why people think a billionare narcissist is the answer to that
Because even though it was prevalent, in a lot of ways it was in the peripheral of the average voter. I know a lot of people that weren't a lot about government spending in the ins-and-outs of what separates a liberal from a conservative when it comes to actually running the government during the Obama years because of the whole Tea Party Movement.

When the Republicans won in 2016 I think a lot of people set back in expected but now the adults were back in town, and the Rinos proved immediately that they were exactly that.

In so now I really wonder what's going to happen in the next four to eight years as far as presidential politics go. Obama was a vote for change, didn't get it. Trump was a vote for massive change, we're not going to get it. The next candidate could potentially be extremely radical or you could see a very very pissed off electorate.

And quite frankly, it's time. It's past time.

Do people still think manufacturing will be coming back to America in waves.

It's not

Because even though it was prevalent, in a lot of ways it was in the peripheral of the average voter. I know a lot of people that weren't a lot about government spending in the ins-and-outs of what separates a liberal from a conservative when it comes to actually running the government during the Obama years because of the whole Tea Party Movement.

When the Republicans won in 2016 I think a lot of people set back in expected but now the adults were back in town, and the Rinos proved immediately that they were exactly that.

In so now I really wonder what's going to happen in the next four to eight years as far as presidential politics go. Obama was a vote for change, didn't get it. Trump was a vote for massive change, we're not going to get it. The next candidate could potentially be extremely radical or you could see a very very pissed off electorate.

And quite frankly, it's time. It's past time.
but the so called progressive wing of the democrats have been the only ones calling for money out of politics , the root of all this
because they are bound up in so called sjw causes they dont appeal to the average midwestern swing state voter who thinks gays being allowed to marry is as big an issue as rampant corruption
both parties engage in tit for tat identity politics, you need a third party to break the deadlock.
i dont think libertarians are the answer

this never happened

Well, I wondered the same thing when he told me about the Japanese tv crew in his house for 4 hours. I think that's why he told me to come.

Also, stfu. CNN interviews people, that's what they do idiot.

Back