MVP Would Lose to Most Welterweights On The UFC Roster

The guy is 37 and he fights once or twice per year these days.
Maybe we will not find out if he doesn't receive a ranked opponent this year.

The ranked wrestlers should manage to get a hold of him, but I can see him beating guys like Luque, Neal & Magny quite easily.
They will probably try to make Wboy fight him.

I want to see him vs Ian Garry or vs Wboy.
I actually thought Holland would do better.

But looking at Holland resume I think I overrated him.
He became more known after his 5 winning streak and finishing Jacare, who was at the end of his career.
Lost against two good wrestlers.
Finished Alex Oliveira and Means - this doesn't say much.
Lost again badly vs Wboy and Chimaev.
Another two wins vs Ponzi and Chiesa. Good fighters at their time, but not these days. Both are at the end of their careers.
And lost again twice.

His last 5 wins were against guys at the end of their careers.
But at least he fights often and doesn't duck opponents.

Last edited:
MVP is not a good boxer, or skilled striker, but it seems he has once again been able to fool a whole new crop of fans into believing he is.

MVP uses his world class footwork to move laterally around the cage, which makes it quite difficult for opponents to reach him, so to the uninitiated it can give off the appearance that the guy is incredibly slick and dangerous. In reality, MVP's boxing is him winging his right hand from his hip and when it misses (which it usually does) he will crash into his opponents, and foot sweep them to the canvas to make it appear to the audience and judges as though he has knocked his opponent down. Once his opponents are on the canvas and in the process of getting up he will play to the crowd with a shaky leg dance, mocking their supposed "damaged" state, even when he has not actually done anything more than crash into them and push them to the canvas. MVP also has no takedown defense, and no getup game to speak of other than him pleading with the official for a standup, despite his 10+ years fighting professionally. Most opponents who take him down, even non-wrestlers, control him for the entire round.

I am absolutely not hating on the guy he has done extraordinarily well for himself without many MMA based skills other than footwork. The reality is though most of the Welterweights at the bottom of the UFC roster, guys like Preston Parsons, Adam Fuggit, Mickey Gall, or Themba Gorimbo; as well as most others would embarrass MVP.
This is pretty bad. You must hate page but please do it in silence

The narrative used to be: "he gets beat by anyone in the UFC."

Now the narrative changed to: "he gets beat by almost anyone in the UFC."

Lmao

Yup, that's how it always goes. He will get beat up by everybody except the guys who already miserably failed at trying to beat him up.

MVP is not really a boxer by the way (he's his own thing), but I particially agree with you TS... he'll probably be in trouble against good UFC-caliber wrestlers/grapplers, but it doesn't matter. The guy's 36 and nobody thinks he's after the belt. The UFC just needs to give him strikers and we'll get super fun fights, that's what the fans want to see from MVP: flashy moves and KOs against middle of the pack fighters

The narrative used to be: "he gets beat by anyone in the UFC."

Now the narrative changed to: "he gets beat by almost anyone in the UFC."

Lmao
Typical lol. Followed by; can't hang with UFC top 10, 5, belt, the division is weak at the moment, etc.

Yea, he will probably struggle with the top of the divison but he'll probably also do well overall in the division.

Last edited:
Page's wrestling defense isn't that good but you need to get to him first. You aren't going to shoot from afar and get to him. He is just not going to be there. It's the same with guys who think a fighter can just come in and spam leg kicks at him. He is pretty much a fencer. The only times I see him in trouble is when he is lunging in and someone counters him.

He isn't that bad but I think he is maybe 8-15 for now. He can move up with the right matchups. He is in the same boat as Ian Garry. I am assuming they will try to make the wonderboy matchup to get him ranked. Both of those guys are familiar with flash karate sparring. I don't think WB will get in trouble with the lunging attacks.

He'll already be ranked as Holland was 13 I think. I agree Wonderboy is the fight to make though.

Honestly I'm not hyped by his signature. He should have join the UFC ten years ago.

MVP is not a good boxer, or skilled striker, but it seems he has once again been able to fool a whole new crop of fans into believing he is.

MVP uses his world class footwork to move laterally around the cage, which makes it quite difficult for opponents to reach him, so to the uninitiated it can give off the appearance that the guy is incredibly slick and dangerous. In reality, MVP's boxing is him winging his right hand from his hip and when it misses (which it usually does) he will crash into his opponents, and foot sweep them to the canvas to make it appear to the audience and judges as though he has knocked his opponent down. Once his opponents are on the canvas and in the process of getting up he will play to the crowd with a shaky leg dance, mocking their supposed "damaged" state, even when he has not actually done anything more than crash into them and push them to the canvas. MVP also has no takedown defense, and no getup game to speak of other than him pleading with the official for a standup, despite his 10+ years fighting professionally. Most opponents who take him down, even non-wrestlers, control him for the entire round.

I am absolutely not hating on the guy he has done extraordinarily well for himself without many MMA based skills other than footwork. The reality is though most of the Welterweights at the bottom of the UFC roster, guys like Preston Parsons, Adam Fuggit, Mickey Gall, or Themba Gorimbo; as well as most others would embarrass MVP.

lololololol hahahahahaha thanks for taking a break from your job as a janitor to drop this insightful post on us.

When he got taken down I was like,man if Holland knew anything about what to do from this point,MVP is toast. But he sucked at holding him down. It looked like a white belt trying to hold someone down

That being said,he can def beat some guys.
Imagine a Travis Lutter black belt not having a clue about ground game.

:eek:

He'll already be ranked as Holland was 13 I think. I agree Wonderboy is the fight to make though.
I was thinking ranked within the top ten. I should have made it clearer. Personally I don't think 10-15 is really ranked. They are guys who are doing well in the prelims.

Mr. UFCIsNOTRigged, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent OP were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Who cares? The man is 37 no one expects him to be the next GSP, we just want some fun fights againts some strikers.

OP is either trolling or simply can't understand what he is watching either cause he doesn't know shit in general or can't understand unorthodox styles.

Yikes. Worst take I've seen OP. He had Holland badly hurt at several points and mentally broken by the end of the fight. He was clearly looking for a walk-off ko which is the only reason he didn't get the finish. Holland also has a granite chin, dude has never been ko'd.

OP is either trolling or simply can't understand what he is watching either cause he doesn't know shit in general or can't understand unorthodox styles.

You are sad.
Get another hobby

Mr. UFCIsNOTRigged, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent OP were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Responding with ad-homs is another way of conceding that you do not have the intellectual capability to refute the argument made in the OP.

Back