MVP to the UFC!?!

So paddy should wait like 2 years for MVP to beat 3 or 4 cans? Sounds like a plan
he should crush cans as well and set his sights on just being a popular fighter. I think it aligns with his potential more than chasing a title.

Time is ticking hopefully he makes the move as fast as possible.

I think the MVP/UFC deal is done and all parties are just waiting to announce it regardless of MVP's recent comments.

MVP will get a top tier guy and the UFC needs to introduce him to fans as this killer fighter to justify/hype the fight to blow joe fan the right way at the right time.

Wonderboy would obviously be the fight to make, but he already said he wouldn't be interested. Which is a bummer and makes no sense.

I guess failing that you could give him a guy who will stand and bang it out with him like Garry or Luque.
I mean it does make sense, he’s still atleast murmuring about a title shot down the line, he’s not going to risk it for a guy that wasn’t even champion in bellator

The dude is already 36. He will go to wherever offers him the most guaranteed money.

I mean it does make sense, he’s still atleast murmuring about a title shot down the line, he’s not going to risk it for a guy that wasn’t even champion in bellator
He's 40 and 3-4 in the last 5ish years, and only fights twice a year at best it seems. He should be taking winnable fights to maximize his earnings based on tenure and maybe even get kick backs for main eventing fight nights and whatnot. I doubt he gets another title shot unless he starts fight and winning more consistently, which is pretty unlikely given his age and history in the last several years.

He's 40 and 3-4 in the last 5ish years, and only fights twice a year at best it seems. He should be taking winnable fights to maximize his earnings based on tenure and maybe even get kick backs for main eventing fight nights and whatnot. I doubt he gets another title shot unless he starts fight and winning more consistently, which is pretty unlikely given his age and history in the last several years.
He said he would be willing to fight usman to further his chance of a title shot and how a striker like Leon being champ gives him hope, this was less than 6 months ago

He said he would be willing to fight usman to further his chance of a title shot and how a striker like Leon being champ gives him hope, this was less than 6 months ago
Oh I have no doubt that's what he wants. I'm saying it's probably not gonna happen on multiple fronts. UFC won't want to make Usman/Wonderboy, Wonderboy will likely lose to Usman anyway, even if he wins he's still at least 1 fight against a top contender away from a title shot given his losses to other contenders in the division in 2 of his 3 most recent fights.

Oh I have no doubt that's what he wants. I'm saying it's probably not gonna happen on multiple fronts. UFC won't want to make Usman/Wonderboy, Wonderboy will likely lose to Usman anyway, even if he wins he's still at least 1 fight against a top contender away from a title shot given his losses to other contenders in the division in 2 of his 3 most recent fights.
youre probably right, I was just pointing out that title shot is on his mind

He mostly puts on fun fights. Plus I enjoy watching him lose. So win win as a fan.

Thing is the WW division has too strong of grappling for MVP. Of course its fair to put together those fights, but he's better off with fun fights. Guess that's the same shit Bellator did.

He's not an extreme weight cutter, he's just tall. Never missed weight that I'm aware of

So what do you think his natural weight is because I'd say he is easily 215 or more and I'll use Storley as an example again because he also fought against Dante Schiro as well and there is no way Logan is as big as both of those guys I don't care what they weigh on a scale.

Apparently it’s almost a done deal with MVP fighting holland. Holland vs wonderboy is one of the best fights from the last couple years and and MVP fight has potential for huge fireworks considering holland seems to prefer exciting fights to winning fights at times

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
Give him Holland in a PPV card. And then fun fights from there.

Other than that, MVP won't make waves unless he gets the right match ups.

So what do you think his natural weight is because I'd say he is easily 215 or more and I'll use Storley as an example again because he also fought against Dante Schiro as well and there is no way Logan is as big as both of those guys I don't care what they weigh on a scale.

He's nowhere near 215.

He's nowhere near 215.
I think so, Khabib who is 5'10 walks around at 200lbs during his time in UFC I remember this distinctly because it was surprising and if I remember correctly Tony Ferguson did as well. MVP being 6'3 I'm sure at the very least when not weight cutting is 200 plus pounds easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back