Media Ian Garry not interested in fight vs MVP: "His number's (ranking) not higher than mine"

I still think that Garry/Covington is the fight to make. I don't know how serious is Colby is with his stipulations (I don't really care about their beef), but I'd love to see Garry against a grappler.
I think all those weird stipulations are just going to be an excuse when Colby inevitably turns down the fight. The guy called out Wonderboy after his last fight, that should tell you all you need to know about where his head is at. He wants nothing to do with a young up and comer like Garry.

MVP probably is a hard fight for Ian, however, Ian is 7-0 in the UFC and ranked at #8 on the verge of a bout with Colby in which they've been putting out videos talking shit about each other. Why the fuck would he fight backwards? lol

Ian is good, he just seems to lack the "finish mode" mentality. If he KO's Colby that will make a major statement.
Will it though? Colby hasn't won a fight in 2 years, hasn't had a winning streak in 5 years and hasn't beaten anyone that wasn't coming off a loss in 6 years.

Will it though? Colby hasn't won a fight in 2 years, hasn't had a winning streak in 5 years and hasn't beaten anyone that wasn't coming off a loss in 6 years.
Both of their last fights imho were extremely lame displays.​

An Ian win over MVP would have been impressive and probably shut up any of his doubters.

Agh. It's tough. Him vs MVP makes a lot of sense. But I REALLY want to see Colby lose to a contenders and ejected from the Rankings. But...if MVP doesn't fight Garry, who else do I really want to see him fight? I don't want to see MVP vs short stocky boxer, or wrestlers. The Garry fight aesthteically is just perfect. Like seriously MVP vs Burns or Brady or Neal is absolute bullshit. So is making him fight magny. Dann it!

Agh. It's tough. Him vs MVP makes a lot of sense.

It really doesn't. Garry is unbeaten, 7-0 in the UFC, ranked at number 7. Custom dictates that he should fight up against a top contender. Not take a fight with a guy who is ranked lower than his last two wins.

MVP is ranked 13th on a 2 fight win streak with 1 UFC win. He should probably fight Magny or Neal, the gatekeepers to the top 10.

Back