Muslim Man Praised for Stopping Teenage Fight

As a high school basketball coach i had to break up fights and even had to lock parents in the locker room when a kid got shot at a game before.

Oh, you can't just tease us with something that juicy.

Tell the full story!

So i simply don't understand why this guy is getting a media press conference for doing the right thing.
You're aware of 'media narriatives' right?

According to the liberal/SJW media, Muslims are a victim class. Meaning they're being oppressed by the West/Christians, they can do no wrong that isn't justified, and when they do horrible and unjustifiable acts.... well... they weren't actually Muslims because Islam is the religion of peace.

So.... why is the video this thread is about being promoted? Positive propaganda. Plain and simple.

What kind of message does it send to black America about how we really view them?

Let's be honest here.... the only time the media gives a shit about Black America, is when they riot, or when it's time for them to vote.

Sorry, but it's the damn truth.

Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize more than Obama

As a high school basketball coach i had to break up fights and even had to lock parents in the locker room when a kid got shot at a game before.

So i simply don't understand why this guy is getting a media press conference for doing the right thing.

What kind of message does it send to black America about how we really view them?

So you're upset that this man is being recognized for doing something that you've done plenty of times and received no recognition for?

That's fair. I think the difference, if you took the time to watch the video, is that this guy broke up the fight without touching either combatant. He broke up the fight in a way that gave both boys dignity and a higher standard to aspire to, and he came off as intelligent and passionate.

This obviously isn't the first video of someone--black or muslim or whatever--breaking up a fight on the internet. It's the way in which he did it and the social significance of the act. If it makes you feel any better, there was a white guy that went viral for breaking up a fight by standing between the combatants and eating potato chips. Does that make you feel better?

Send this man...nay, HERO, to negotiate a cease fire with ISIS.

So you're upset that this man is being recognized for doing something that you've done plenty of times and received no recognition for?

That's fair. I think the difference, if you took the time to watch the video, is that this guy broke up the fight without touching either combatant. He broke up the fight in a way that gave both boys dignity and a higher standard to aspire to, and he came off as intelligent and passionate.

This obviously isn't the first video of someone--black or muslim or whatever--breaking up a fight on the internet. It's the way in which he did it and the social significance of the act. If it makes you feel any better, there was a white guy that went viral for breaking up a fight by standing between the combatants and eating potato chips. Does that make you feel better?

post-25374-Michael-Jordan-YEAH-gif-Imgur-X3MA.gif

There have been times i told players not to fight at practice when they put up their dukes and squared up.

There are also times i helped broke up fights already in progress and got blood on my new Polo jacket.

Practice went on and no media needed to show up to say i did the right thing.

My problem with this is it shows how racist the media is in regards to black violence in America.

A black person stopping a fight in America should never be praised as it being something out of the ordinary.

Also the media using the Muslim angle is suspect....imo

My problem with this is it shows how racist the media is in regards to black violence in America.

A black person stopping a fight in America should never be praised as it being something out of the ordinary.

Also the media using the Muslim angle is suspect....imo

The media didn't use the Muslim aspect. That was me, and I explained why.

Have you not watched the video? You keep trying to make this racial when no one else is. Everyone else is judging the man's actions, and you keep talking about his skin color and religion.

The media didn't use the Muslim aspect. That was me, and I explained why.

Have you not watched the video? You keep trying to make this racial when no one else is. Everyone else is judging the man's actions, and you keep talking about his skin color and religion.

Yes i watched the video, tell me why he got a press conference for something people do every day?

Would you agree it's the same reason the mom from Baltimore was on talk shows?

Yes i watched the video, tell me why he got a press conference for something people do every day?

Would you agree it's the same reason the mom from Baltimore was on talk shows?

What about the guy that broke up the fight by standing in between the combatants and eating potato chips? Or the guy that broke up a fight by choking the aggressor out from behind? Why do you keep playing the race card?

But even if we vehemently disagree and you think it was dumb for him to get such recognition, why not just shrug and move on? Do you just go around life bitter that other people are getting paid and recognized for things you could do/have done? Why not just be happy that this guy did a positive thing and he has very temporarily bumped the Kardashians off everyone's news reel?

Do you just go around life bitter that other people are getting paid and recognized for things you could do/have done?

Let me clarify that i'm not bitter at all and i respect what he did by breaking up the fight.

But like the poster above said it's the media's "bigotry of low expectations" i have a problem with.

Nothing else really for me to say on the topic though.

Let me clarify that i'm not bitter at all and i respect what he did by breaking up the fight.

But like the poster above said it's the media's "bigotry of low expectations" i have a problem with.

Nothing else really for me to say on the topic though.

So you think he did a good thing, but you're upset that the media recognizes him for it?

Do you also get this upset when the media shows black people rioting? Or recognizes a young black man for robbing or killing someone? I'm sure there are very talented white rioters and robbers and murderers who aren't getting publicized.

So you think he did a good thing, but you're upset that the media recognizes him for it?

Do you also get this upset when the media shows black people rioting? Or recognizes a young black man for robbing or killing someone? I'm sure there are very talented white rioters and robbers and murderers who aren't getting publicized.

Do you not get the point that the media is basically saying, "Look guys, not all black people are thugs. Let's reward this rare decent black man with press coverage of his totally ordinary deed."

It's kind of insulting, when you think about it.

Do you not get the point that the media is basically saying, "Look guys, not all black people are thugs. Let's reward this rare decent black man with press coverage of his totally ordinary deed."

It's kind of insulting, when you think about it.

Incorrect. The media is saying, "Look at what this guy did." The rest is up to our individual interpretation.

I saw this video before it went viral and I thought it was incredible. I shared it with my friends and family. I think the guy did a great thing and I'm glad he's getting recognition for it. The man's race (and I didn't even know his religion), while having some obvious socio-historical importance, had little to do with why I admired the video.

The weird thing is that I'm black and you're probably not. So you're acting like those liberal SJWs who is pretending to be upset about racism on my behalf. I'm not insulted and you're telling me I should be. You don't think that's strange.

Incorrect. The media is saying, "Look at what this guy did." The rest is up to our individual interpretation.

Be honest. Do you think they'd run this story if it wasn't a black guy?

Be honest. Do you think they'd run this story if it wasn't a black guy?

Again, the racial aspect to this story is in your own mind. I already told you that I was fascinated by this without any supposed media narrative. I'm being 100% honest. I think you have a lower opinion of how white people view black people than they deserve.

Anyone who studied journalism would know that this story has all the components of newsworthiness, totally irrespective of race.

If you are escaping war and your life is in danger and you cross the borders into Turkey, your life is in no immediate danger. You don't then have the right to keep crossing borders and move to countries that have a big welfare state.
Lol, you're the one who said they're legally not refugees anymore even though the legal definition of refugee and the conditions for cessation contradict what you said and yet you continue to ignore this.
Yeah, you admit it now. The system is being exploited by opportunists.
Where did I admit that? A person who crosses over from Syria into Turkey may have escaped immediate danger but if they're not resettled there then they're in limbo. They most likely can't work and can't function in society given their legal limbo status as a refugee who hasn't received asylum. That's why the legal definition requires that they receive a durable solution before they lose their refugee status.

Nothing wrong with a mutual fist fight.
Why such praise over stopping a mutual fight.
I grew up in a small town and fights were at least a weekly thing. I don't know maybe these mutual fights don't happen anymore.

I know you will say anything goes and someone will die but not in my experiences. Most people know when someone's had enough and especially with spectators you're not going to have a kid beat someone to death.

Fighting can be a good thing. You learn not to be an agressive asshole, you learn to not pick fights as it will result in the wrong mother fucker . As in life your words can carry consequences.

All of these things need to be learned and the world would be a much better place.
You have young assholes blocking peoples ways to make a living and are genuinely surprised they get beat up and moved.
As if an asswhooping is crossing the line when you're fucking up a man's livelihood.

And lol at potty party that man is throwing for himself. Bringing his religion and his difficult upbringing as a kid. Holy shit guy!
What a remarkable man.

Back