Muhammad Ali vs. Mike Tyson

Who wins?

• Muhammad Ali

• Mike Tyson

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
And.....You think Liston would've been able to put a hit on Ali if he wanted to? Iron Mike would've met you in the parking lot and handled your ass for saying the wrong thing. Liston was a conduit, he wasn't a made guy.
Dude the point was Ali would talk shit to anybody, not he would beat Tyson up in an alley or people putting hits out on each other.

I'm not arguing street cred with you in a boxing forum lmao.

Last edited:
I knew someone was gonna bring that up. Mike knew exactly what he was doing when he started biting Evanders ear. He said Evander was leading with the head and butting on the way in and the ref was doing nothing about it. So he took measures into his own hands. He wasn't trying to get outta there, he was trying to send a message to Evander to stay away. Watch that fight, it was pretty even right up to that point. He had no reason to quit.

Give me a break. What's Tyson supposed to say? "I wanted to quit" ? He's just trying to save face with that explanation.

Biting someone's ear off is not a logical measure to take if you want to "send a message". It's a logical thing to do if you want to get DQ'ed. Don't be naïve, he quit.

the only way ali could win is to touch and run like mayweather.

if he wanted to figh, tyson destroys him.

Give me a break. What's Tyson supposed to say? "I wanted to quit" ? He's just trying to save face with that explanation.

Biting someone's ear off is not a logical measure to take if you want to "send a message". It's a logical thing to do if you want to get DQ'ed. Don't be naïve, he quit.
Watch that fight again. It was pretty even at the time, why would he have decided to quit? And again, this was so late in his career, it has nothing to do with his mental stability during the time of his career Ive been talking about. Its sad to say, but his downfall began when he no longer had Cus and Rooney to keep him sound.

Dude the point was Ali would talk shit to anybody, not he would beat Tyson up in an alley or people putting hits out on each other.

I'm not arguing street cred with you in a boxing forum lmao.
And what Im saying is theres no guessing how that wouldve gone down. Did Ali really ever have a threat of repercussions that might not have necessarily been in the ring? Win lose or draw Mike was a threat anywhere, before or after a match with him if you really pissed him off back in those days...All Im saying is maybe Ali would talk a lot, or maybe he'd tone down some of the personal shit with Mike that he lobbed at other guys and maybe kept it more professional. Simply under the pretense that after I beat this guy I dont wanna be looking over my shoulder in the streets cause of something I said about him.

Regardless, Cus and Rooney Mike seemed pretty unflappable, and pretty protectef by those guys. It might not have rattled him either way.

Is Boxing the only sport where a guy who is like 50th on the all time greats list can get compared non stop to a top 3 ever guy?
Ali overhyped himself and idiots believed him it's not your fault you fell for his ploy.

I knew someone was gonna bring that up. Mike knew exactly what he was doing when he started biting Evanders ear. He said Evander was leading with the head and butting on the way in and the ref was doing nothing about it. So he took measures into his own hands. He wasn't trying to get outta there, he was trying to send a message to Evander to stay away. Watch that fight, it was pretty even right up to that point. He had no reason to quit.
lol cmon..

exactly.

In fairness, Mike didn't seem easy to get to because he was fighting stiffs. The reason Ali wins is because of his mental fortitude, he never let setbacks stop him. Mike Tyson was somewhat of a frontrunner. Unless he knocked Ali out in 1-2 rounds, its easy to see him get flustered and eventually find a reason to lose. Mike always found a way to quit when it got hard.
Maybe not quit entirely but have a silent truce with his opponents as Atlas has said. Both agreeing to just hold each other and not engage.

On paper everything tells me Ali would win, but Tyson (even as a past prime plodder) was never beat by a boxer.

Bigger guys who could bully him and win a phone booth fight:
Douglas, Holyfield, Lewis... That was the formula.
And anyone who deviated from that approach (Holmes, Spinks) got knocked the eff out.

I just think prime Mike was way too busy, fast, powerful, and two handed; to be beat by someone off the back foot. Even if that someone was Ali.

Tyson pretty much blew his load after getting angry that Holyfield was fighting dirty. Judging by his previous fights Holyfield was going to keep fighting hard the whole fight. After getting tired trying to knock him out it sure looked like he was looking for a way out. There might have been some anger there about the cut and he wanted to get even but if he wanted to stay in the fight he wouldn't have bitten him a second time.

Tyson had some amazing performances and was so popular that I do think some people look at him through rose colored glasses. He was past his prime by the time he fought Holyfield but even in his prime, the Smith fight being an example, if the fight was tough he would spend a lot of time off agreeing to clinch.

the only way ali could win is to touch and run like mayweather.

if he wanted to figh, tyson destroys him.
Yeah, but come on, of course he'd fight to his advantages. That's like saying if Tyson tried to outpoint him Ali would win every round.

Ali overhyped himself and idiots believed him it's not your fault you fell for his ploy.
I don't think he's the greatest either, but still, he was great all around. He proved it time and again even as the underdog. He accomplished a lot more than Tyson did.

On paper everything tells me Ali would win, but Tyson (even as a past prime plodder) was never beat by a boxer.

Bigger guys who could bully him and win a phone booth fight:
Douglas, Holyfield, Lewis... That was the formula.
And anyone who deviated from that approach (Holmes, Spinks) got knocked the eff out.

I just think prime Mike was way too busy, fast, powerful, and two handed; to be beat by someone off the back foot. Even if that someone was Ali.
Holmes and Spinks were using canes by the time they fought Mike. :D

Holmes and Spinks were using canes by the time they fought Mike. :D

Sure. Thats why Holmes was able to go 12 rounds with Holyfield and Mercer 3-5 years after he got crushed by Tyson. Cause he was washed up.

Sure. Thats why Holmes was able to go 12 rounds with Holyfield and Mercer 3-5 years after he got crushed by Tyson. Cause he was washed up.
I was exagerating a little hence the laugh face but he was definitely washed up by the time he fought Mercer and Holyfield.

I don't think he's the greatest either, but still, he was great all around. He proved it time and again even as the underdog. He accomplished a lot more than Tyson did.
Youngest HW champ in history is still a pretty lofty acheivement though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back