movies that copy other movies.

Solaris

then

Moon

(only watch one cuz they are the same movie)

I'm not sure if you are trolling if you have seen only one or neither. Both films are completely different...the only thing they have in common is that it takes place off of Earth and sometime in the future.

...the only thing they have in common is that it takes place off of Earth and sometime in the future.

This is completely false. Most false statement I have ever read. Not sure if you are trolling.

Thats like saying the only thing Lord of the Rings has in common with The Hobbit is swords.

Good artists borrow. Great artists steal.

Why do you think Quentin Tarantino is the best director of his generation? If you're not stealing, you're not trying hard enough bro.

At least The Town acknowledged how much it was trying to take from HEAT by actually including a scene where they were watching HEAT on TV lol

Good artists borrow. Great artists steal.

Why do you think Quentin Tarantino is the best director of his generation? If you're not stealing, you're not trying hard enough bro.

Hardly fair to say.
He brought a whole new concept to the movie industry with Pulp Fiction, in terms on non-linear storylines and dialogue that were completely off topic in regard to the plot.
As I mentioned in my previous post, he has borrowed plot ideas.
But what makes his movie stand out (thus gaining him the recognition of being a great director) is not the plot. But everything else such as the dialogue, characters, camera work, storytelling, music etc.

This is completely false. Most false statement I have ever read. Not sure if you are trolling.

Thats like saying the only thing Lord of the Rings has in common with The Hobbit is swords.

the hobbit and lord of the rings were written by the same author and set in the same make believe world that the author created.

solaris is basically this thing in space that creates entities based on people's memories/emotions of someone

moon is about a clone and this clone has the memories from the original person that was cloned.

completely different.

the hobbit and lord of the rings were written by the same author and set in the same make believe world that the author created.

solaris is basically this thing in space that creates entities based on people's memories/emotions of someone

moon is about a clone and this clone has the memories from the original person that was cloned.

completely different.

So they are both about guys in space who have clones appear to them, just one is real and one is based on memory?

Ya, doesnt sound similar at all.

or Duck Tales?

picture.php

picture.php

or Dreamscape

I loled pretty hard

Yojimbo.jpg

A_Fistful_of_Dollars_poster.jpg

File:Last_man_standing_ver2.jpg

Yojimbo = A Fistful Of Dollars = Last Man Standing

Hardly fair to say.
He brought a whole new concept to the movie industry with Pulp Fiction, in terms on non-linear storylines and dialogue that were completely off topic in regard to the plot.
As I mentioned in my previous post, he has borrowed plot ideas.
But what makes his movie stand out (thus gaining him the recognition of being a great director) is not the plot. But everything else such as the dialogue, characters, camera work, storytelling, music etc.

All of those things you just mentioned are absolutely not something he created. I'm not going to fly off the handle here because I'm aware that not everyone is the insane cinephile Quentin is. He is unique in the way he blends these elements, but he did not personally invent these concepts. All of them you can trace back to earlier films, Pulp Fiction being the most obvious if you have a deep love of noir. Hell, the man straight up steals shots from other directors point blank. He even comments on his Brian DePalma scene in Kill Bill, specifically naming the person he jacked it from.

He's wonderful because you can tell that he's a one man grindhouse. He's absorbed so many films at this point that it would be impossible for him to focus on one style. That's his genius, it lies in condensing everything he's seen, not inventing things.

Every romantic comedy is the same.
Boy meets girl, they fall in love, get in some kind of conflict, heroic ending with them kissing.

I always felt Iron Man was oddly familiar to Batman Begins.

Back