movies that copy other movies.

lion paw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was watching leviathan the other day.I'll admit,its cheap horror schtick,but it kills time. This movie,imo,is a blatant underwater version of alien.

underwater crew finds ship-alien crew finds ship

u.c. brings monster on ship-nostromo brings alien on board

This is just my opinion.Are there any other movies you think copy?

Oh yeah,both films have something in common:Like any other movie,the black guy dies ahahah.The funny thing is,the black guys die towards the end of the movie.Just couldn't make it to the credits aahahaha.

Kill Bill - Lady Snowblood

great movies are there to be copied.

Deep Impact/Armageddon

Bug's life/Ant story

Dredd and The Raid bear some obvious similarities. They're both good movies in their own right though.

Dredd and The Raid bear some obvious similarities. They're both good movies in their own right though.

You mean stuck in one office building?

Die hard is the grand daddy of that trope.

Toy Story's plot is similar to the TV special The Christmas Toy.

Departed never once gave credit to Infernal affairs.
Pathetic.

I was thinking the last samurai which in turn copied dances with wolves,which in turn copied something else....

Actually, I think Avatar = Fern Gully, in the respect that it's the giant corporation trying to take over the forest and one guy assimilates into the forest culture. P;us the giant killing machines and riding winged creatures etc etc.

Fern Gully wins due to having Tim Curry, though.

Fighting your way through different types of enemies on each floor to get to the top?

*cough* Game Of Death *cough*

Plus, as has been said, Die Hard and countless video games.

I always thought all the die hards after the first copied on some of the same really basic themes. Like they all involve this guy who is/was a cop. He even says the same stuff in most of the movies!

Stories are pretty basic at their hearts TS, most all of us know this and its why we appreciate when people put new and unique twists on them. The twists dont have to be huge, but they certainly can be (Avatar is basically manifest destiny story with graphics.) In your case it sounds like they took basic story (trojan horse; knowingly bring within your walls the thing that ends up killing you) and instead of a twist in space, they twisted it to underwater.
Doesnt make it suck in and of itself though.

Actually, I think Avatar = Fern Gully, in the respect that it's the giant corporation trying to take over the forest and one guy assimilates into the forest culture. P;us the giant killing machines and riding winged creatures etc etc.
OMG.. I havent seen Fern Gully since i was a little kid!

Go on the Netflix online section and you'll see a ton of rip-off's. I know there's a Paranormal Activity rip-off on there.

Back