Mousasi tells Belfort to 'do his job,' offers to fight at multiple weights

When can Mousasi even fight again? why would Vitor wait for him to get better for his next fight? Vitor deserves a title shot... Vitor via murder, lets be real here

How is your opinion suddenly real?

A) If they made the fight anywhere but Brazil, bye bye TRT Vitor and bye bye his new found youthfulness.

B) Mousasi is willing to fight him at any weight, so Vitor can fucking decide, and get a whole training camp in.

C) Vitor is crazy if he thinks beating Mousasi isn't an accomplishment, especially considering Vitor doesn't have a lot of time left.

Just because you say they are close (Machida fight wasn't, FYI) doesn't change the fact that they are loses. Soo you're already null and void there, cause apparently 0-2 = immediate top contender fight at MW.

Also Mousasi is on a 4 fight win streak at a higher weight class, where they were planning on having him fight a Top 5 contender, yet suddenly he doesn't deserve it at his natural weight class.

Continue on with your idiocy.

Two very close losses to Machida/Shad is more impressive than Mousasi going to a draw with Jardine, losing to Mo, and beating Ilir Latifi.

4 fight win streak over who? Oh yeah, not top level guys... at all.

Continue with your nuthuggery.

Uh, that's not how it works at all, many a fighter gets a top 10 guy on their first fight in. Mousasi is special because he was a Dream MW Champ, Strikeforce LHW Champ, and his skill set is known to be high, and he has some name value.

And he is absolutely right, they were willing to throw him in a Top 5 fight at LHW, what makes Vitor so special that he shouldn't fight Mousasi.

For one, let's see if Vitor can even fight anywhere but Brazil before he starts being picky about who he fights.

Being a champ in the minor leagues doesn't equal a top 10 win. So please name me a fighter that came in the UFC with no top ten wins and fought the #3 ranked guy in his weight class? I'll admit there maybe has been some hyped guys with no big wins that have got fights with the bottom end of the top ten.

Last edited:
great read sir, thank you for sharing.
this would be a great fight, why is vitor so spooked?

Huge fan of Mousasi but I dont understand why others think he would just clean belforts clock. Belfort is equally as fast if not faster, far stronger, equal striking ability and arguably equal jiu jitsu skill. At this point I think he's just too much for Mousasi.

195 or 205 and were good to go.

Vitors not afraid of Mousasi, he's afraid of what will happen if he loses. He doesn't fear any fighter, he just knows a loss will probably ruin his chances of ever habitanother title shot. A loss to one of the p4p greats is nothing to be ashamed of, but at his age and with his entitled attitude it would be crippling for his career.

Mousasi is calling Vitor out. Will Vitor take the challenge or pick another opponent? Stay tuned. :icon_lol:

Lol at Mousasi thinking he's the number 1 contender at middle weight. He's beaten literally no one in the UFC to say that. No offense to him, but I don't see him becoming the champ in any division.

I don't know what's going through Vitor's head. I do want to see this fight. I think it would be one of the best fights of the year. Two top level strikers that has been talked about for years.
So if Vitor turns it down at catchweight, Mous should move on and fight a lower top 10. Work his way up the ladder and their paths with definitely collide.

Vitors not afraid of Mousasi, he's afraid of what will happen if he loses. He doesn't fear any fighter, he just knows a loss will probably ruin his chances of ever habitanother title shot. A loss to one of the p4p greats is nothing to be ashamed of, but at his age and with his entitled attitude it would be crippling for his career.

Bingo. Vitor is a nutter, but he's bright enough to know this is a mistake.

Belfort has no reason to turn this down but he will. War mousasi. I want to see him against some top guys.

Winner of Okami/Jacare. Henderson if he goes back down to 185 or a CW. Guys much more deserving than Mousasi.

he was supposed to fight current #1 contender in LHW div and you think UFC will feed him till he gets into top 10? yes give Mousasi Hendo he'll pick him apart but does nothing for him in MW div, Belfort should stop ducking and do the fight people want to see

Dana clearly doesn't want TRT champion and that's it

HAHAHA there is no way for Vitor to turn this down now. Moose will slap the shit out of him.

Vitor is getting annoying around who he'll fight.

the article is pretty long. Please click the link and read it. :wink:

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...o-his-job-offers-to-fight-at-multiple-weights

"I will make this easy on Vitor," Mousasi told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "If he is going to continue to make conditions on who he will fight, I will face Vitor at a catchweight or at light heavyweight.

"At the end of the day, I want to fight the best guys for the title. I don't turn down fights."

This is why I support Gegard Mousasi more than any other fighter ..The man is here to fight.He doesn't call out the pillow fisted Bisping like everyone else.He calls out the #1 contender at mw who looks like he's fighting better than any point of his career..
The cat was ready to fight Gus with one acl. This is a bad man and Vitor knows it.Belfort won't fight saucy at 185 or 195.Hed be naive to think losing at 195 wouldn't effect his title standing at 185..
We could see the 2 fight at 205 but I just don't think Vitor wants to be inside the same cage as Mousasi----and I don't mean that in an "afraid way".I feel that Vitor realizes its a bad matchup where he has a lot to lose if he should lose.

for people saying gegard does not deserve to fight vitor, you guys do realize vitor said he is willing to take a fight against anyone just not at 185. Gegard is willing to fight him at 195/205...so he still doesn't deserve this fight?

Finally someone gets it. This fight would be absolutely amazing at 185, 195 or 205.

Back