Mousasi tells Belfort to 'do his job,' offers to fight at multiple weights

This is like the Glover vs. Shogun situation, it makes no sense for Vitor to fight Mousasi. He would gain nothing with a win but he would lose everything with a loss...

As for Mousasi, maybe try to be healthy for once instead of calling out fighters while being injured.

Man I was a big mousasi fan, but him and his nut hugging fans calling for #1 contender/championship fights based of 0 top 10 win is really starting to make me dislike him.
Vitor should be taking a fight at MW, but it should be against someone in the top 10. Moose should pick up at least 1 win in the UFC MW division before calling out the #3 ranked guy. If he really wants that fight go out pick up the W's and earn it IMO.

the UFC was giving him a fight with Gus, but he isn't worthy of a fight with Vitor? HUH?

Winner of Okami/Jacare. Henderson if he goes back down to 185 or a CW. Guys much more deserving than Mousasi.

Wait.. wait, I think your idiocy has been proven right here.

Hendo deserves at number 1 contender fight over Mousasi? For what, what the hell has Hendo done at MW recently to deserve it, oh yeah.. he lost to Jake Shields.. right.

While Mousasi on the other hand has a win over Jacare who is top 5.

TL : DR: you're an idiot.

Wait.. wait, I think your idiocy has been proven right here.

Hendo deserves at number 1 contender fight over Mousasi? For what, what the hell has Hendo done at MW recently to deserve it, oh yeah.. he lost to Jake Shields.. right.

While Mousasi on the other hand has a win over Jacare who is top 5.

TL : DR: you're an idiot.

This is way too easy. Lack of oxygen to your brain? I think so.

Hendo has top wins at MW AND LHW. Mousasi has top wins in neither, unless you count fringe top 10 Babalu years ago (who was recently beaten and retired by Bellator fighters)

Jacare wasn't even top 10 at the time they fought.

I can't call you an idiot because that's insensitive to someone with low mental capabilities.

This is way too easy. Lack of oxygen to your brain? I think so.

Hendo has top wins at MW AND LHW. Mousasi has top wins in neither, unless you count fringe top 10 Babalu years ago (who was recently beaten and retired by Bellator fighters)

Jacare wasn't even top 10 at the time they fought.

I can't call you an idiot because that's insensitive to someone with low mental capabilities.

Oh, so beating Jacare suddenly doesn't count because you said so?

...and I'm the idiot, right. Hendo deserves nothing at MW, you know he's coming off 2 loses right? Oh suddenly that doesn't matter.

This is like the Glover vs. Shogun situation, it makes no sense for Vitor to fight Mousasi. He would gain nothing with a win but he would lose everything with a loss...

As for Mousasi, maybe try to be healthy for once instead of calling out fighters while being injured.

If he doesn't wanna fight Mousasi because he doesn't want to risk losing then he's ducking lol...

And Mousasi will be ready to fight by December, which is probably the earliest Vitor will take a fight anyway. I doubt he would take a fight with less than 3 months notice.

I'll take Mousasi for 1,000, Alex! :icon_chee Sorry Vitor. You're great and all (especially with your TRT now) but Mousasi is just too dangerous. He fights at the level of his competition so if Vitor is doing well then he'll match if not exceed it.

the UFC was giving him a fight with Gus, but he isn't worthy of a fight with Vitor? HUH?

Just because he was getting that fight doesn't mean he deserved it. Realistically he should be getting a guy that is just out side the top ten get the W, then start fighting guys inside the top 10 in what ever weight class he decides to fight in. That's the way it works for everyone that comes in to the UFC with no top 10 win. What makes moose so special? I do think he is top ten quality but he has yet to prove it.

Oh, so beating Jacare suddenly doesn't count because you said so?

...and I'm the idiot, right. Hendo deserves nothing at MW, you know he's coming off 2 loses right? Oh suddenly that doesn't matter.

When did I say it didn't count? He wasn't top 5 at the time, just deal with it.

Two very close decisions to top fighters at LHW and before that a win over a top 10 LHW and before THAT a win over the HW GOAT...

Hendo has done nothing. Mousasi though? Beating OSP = immediate title shot

for people saying gegard does not deserve to fight vitor, you guys do realize vitor said he is willing to take a fight against anyone just not at 185. Gegard is willing to fight him at 195/205...so he still doesn't deserve this fight?

Cmon Vitor take the fight at mw goddamnit, fuck catchweight fights with more than three months to get ready.

Vitor seems to think a loss at catchweight or lhw or even hw would not not hinder his chances to get a mw titleshot soon. It WOULD Vitor. If you lose at 205lbs, you dont fight Andy or Weidman next, so take the fucking Mousasi fight at 185llbs and headline that December Fox card.

If he doesn't wanna fight Mousasi because he doesn't want to risk losing then he's ducking lol...

And Mousasi will be ready to fight by December, which is probably the earliest Vitor will take a fight anyway. I doubt he would take a fight with less than 3 months notice.

Of course it's "ducking"...who cares? Fighters don't take fights all the time, usually there are no people who give interviews all the time and think the world revolves around them involved, though. Mousasi sees an opportunity to get to his goal as fast as possible and wants to talk himself into it.

It would be an interesting fight, so I would not mind it. It still makes no sense for Vitor, though.

Just because he was getting that fight doesn't mean he deserved it. Realistically he should be getting a guy that is just out side the top ten get the W, then start fighting guys inside the top 10 in what ever weight class he decides to fight in. That's the way it works for everyone that comes in to the UFC with no top 10 win. What makes moose so special? I do think he is top ten quality but he has yet to prove it.

Uh, that's not how it works at all, many a fighter gets a top 10 guy on their first fight in. Mousasi is special because he was a Dream MW Champ, Strikeforce LHW Champ, and his skill set is known to be high, and he has some name value.

And he is absolutely right, they were willing to throw him in a Top 5 fight at LHW, what makes Vitor so special that he shouldn't fight Mousasi.

For one, let's see if Vitor can even fight anywhere but Brazil before he starts being picky about who he fights.

When can Mousasi even fight again? why would Vitor wait for him to get better for his next fight? Vitor deserves a title shot... Vitor via murder, lets be real here

When did I say it didn't count? He wasn't top 5 at the time, just deal with it.

Two very close decisions to top fighters at LHW and before that a win over a top 10 LHW and before THAT a win over the HW GOAT...

Hendo has done nothing. Mousasi though? Beating OSP = immediate title shot

Just because you say they are close (Machida fight wasn't, FYI) doesn't change the fact that they are loses. Soo you're already null and void there, cause apparently 0-2 = immediate top contender fight at MW.

Also Mousasi is on a 4 fight win streak at a higher weight class, where they were planning on having him fight a Top 5 contender, yet suddenly he doesn't deserve it at his natural weight class.

Continue on with your idiocy.

Vitor wants another shot at a title and Mousasi's a good fighter but is not even ranked top 10 right now in any weight class. It's understandable why Vitor doesn't want that fight. Even if he wins it doesn't do much to elevate his position but if he loses it can drop him back to the end of the line.

Put this in perspective. Mousasi hasn't fought, let alone beaten, a top 10 opponent in 3 years. These are his opponents since the "loss" to Lawal in 2010: Jake O'Brien, Tatsuya Mizuno, Keith Jardine, Hiroshi Izumi, Ovince St. Preux, Mike Kyle, and Ilir Latifi. The only exposure a good chunk of UFC fans have had to him was his fight against Latifi, in which he didn't really do anything to improve his standings.

It'd be cool if Vitor wanted the fight. I'd like to see it but I don't agree with those saying he's ducking Mousasi. If the UFC wants to set up that fight and Vitor says no then I'll criticize him for it. But preferring a higher ranked opponent is understandable considering he's 36 and doesn't have much time left to have another shot at a title.

Vitor wants another shot at a title and Mousasi's a good fighter but is not even ranked top 10 right now in any weight class. It's understandable why Vitor doesn't want that fight. Even if he wins it doesn't do much to elevate his position but if he loses it can drop him back to the end of the line.

Put this in perspective. Mousasi hasn't fought, let alone beaten, a top 10 opponent in 3 years. These are his opponents since the "loss" to Lawal in 2010: Jake O'Brien, Tatsuya Mizuno, Keith Jardine, Hiroshi Izumi, Ovince St. Preux, Mike Kyle, and Ilir Latifi. The only exposure a good chunk of UFC fans have had to him was his fight against Latifi, in which he didn't really do anything to improve his standings.

It'd be cool if Vitor wanted the fight. I'd like to see it but I don't agree with those saying he's ducking Mousasi. If the UFC wants to set up that fight and Vitor says no then I'll criticize him for it. But preferring a higher ranked opponent is understandable considering he's 36 and doesn't have much time left to have another shot at a title.

Well said my friend

Back