Mousasi tells Belfort to 'do his job,' offers to fight at multiple weights

What's the difference?

If Belfort is saying he'll fight at LHW or HW, but not MW if not for the title, obviously he won't fight another MW in another weight.

If he loses to Mousasi in another weight, when both come back to MW obviously Mousasi would have stole the #1 contendership.

Belfort will fight outside MW, fighters that won't be fighting at MW after his fight.

Mousasi gets KO'ed if he fights Vitor. I almost want to see it just to shut the Moose nuthuggers up.

How is your opinion suddenly real?

A) If they made the fight anywhere but Brazil, bye bye TRT Vitor and bye bye his new found youthfulness.

B) Mousasi is willing to fight him at any weight, so Vitor can fucking decide, and get a whole training camp in.

C) Vitor is crazy if he thinks beating Mousasi isn't an accomplishment, especially considering Vitor doesn't have a lot of time left.

1. Mousasi is injuryed, when would he actually be able to fight?

2. Vitor cant fight in cali but he hasnt been denied fighting else where from my understanding (has he been offically denied for vegas?)

3. Mousasi would be an accomplishment but not by the casual fan, and the risk is high and the reward is little.

4. Vitor has some years left and is a threat to any figher in any weight class

Machida VS. Vitor at 205 since the UFC obviously doesn't want either of them to ever fight for the belt. Winner gets title shot, maybe. But probably not.

I'll be happy with Vitor-Mousasi or Vitor-Henderson. Vitor-Shogun would be awesome too.

He feels he's entitled to big fights/title eliminators when he barely has any top wins to his name.

Agreed...

From a ranking stand point Mousasi doesn't deserve this fight and Vitor shouldn't take it...

However, as a fan, I would like to see it but I still think Mousasi needs a couple wins at MW before asking to fight one of the Top fighters in the division...

Agreed...

From a ranking stand point Mousasi doesn't deserve this fight and Vitor shouldn't take it...

However, as a fan, I would like to see it but I still think Mousasi needs a couple wins at MW before asking to fight one of the Top fighters in the division...

He was supposed to fight the #1 contender at LHW, until Gus got cut just before the fight in Sweden.

If he's good enough to fight the #1 guy at LHW, he's good enough to fight the self-proclaimed #1 at MW.

Hunt got subbed, something I'm not sure Mousasi could pull on Vitor. His only chance is striking, and I just don't think he can do it.

Man, Vitor wouldn't last one day at K1...

He was supposed to fight the #1 contender at LHW, until Gus got cut just before the fight in Sweden.

If he's good enough to fight the #1 guy at LHW, he's good enough to fight the self-proclaimed #1 at MW.

Self-proclaimed? Care to compare the top 10 wins each fighter has?

Mousasi is now the guy with high skill/UFC rank ratio you don't want to fight with when you are high ranked guy. Low gains and many threats there...

as a vitor fan I want to see this fight. it's the only exciting fight out there right now and win or lose it will put moose on the map

Nice read and an interesting story. I think Mousasi wants a piece of Vitor something fierce. How many times must a man call you out before you man up and answer the call?

Mousasi is now the guy with high skill/UFC rank ratio you don't want to fight with when you are high ranked guy. Low gains and many threats there...

The Ufc brass rank Gegard highly, and a win over him is a big deal. If he's good enough to get the #2 lhw on his debut, then he's good enough to get the #2 at mw.

Back