Mousasi is coming for that belt.

I'm not arguing that Mousasi isn't world class, just that he's not more "proven" that Weidman. And if you're argument is "Dude have stopped the heawyeight Mark f...g Hunt" than I guess guys like Melvin Manhoef and Sean McCorkle are world class also, since they've both stopped Hunt.
No that was not my argument. It was just one of many examples how good (proven) Mousasi is, which you seems to agree with?

Mousasi is much more proven than Weidman. Weidman got the titleshot after beating Munoz - who Mousasi just destroyed.

I think Weidman's wrestling might be too much but in no way would Weidman "destroy" Mousasi. Mousasi has better striking and better submissions. He is definitely weaker in his wrestling.

Fucking nuthuggers.

I seriously dislike Weidman, almost to the point where I hate him but to say he's not proven is just silly especially as he finished Anderson Silva twice which Moose would not be able to do

I seriously dislike Weidman, almost to the point where I hate him but to say he's not proven is just silly especially as he finished Anderson Silva twice which Moose would not be able to do

1. I did not say Weidman wasn't proven. I just said he wasn't _as_ proven.
2. Weidman won the second fight by blocking a kick. He got the 'W', but come on.
3. Who are you to say that Mousasi wouldn't be able to finish AS? Mousasi has much better striking than Weidman, and if he could do it, so as hell could Mousasi.

Sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree. I think that Weidman's wins over Maia and Munoz were better wins that any in Mousasi's career. To be "proven" in MMA you have to fight top guys on the biggest stage and even before Weidman beat Anderson he did that, and Gegard hadn't.

Well they've both beaten Munoz. Jacare is better than Maia.

If you think there's anyone at 185 Mousasi can't give a good fight to, you must be crazy. He's always been a beast but I think he plans to make the most of his UFC career.

Now, yes. Not then

How exactly could Maia beat even 2008 Jacare? Jacare is bigger, far more athletic, has a style of grappling more beneficial in MMA. He couldn't keep Jacare off of him and Jacare would not be afraid to take him down.

This is almost as good as Chael fans saying he deserved the title shot vs Bones because he wasn't afraid. Let's get Mousasi to beat someone like Kendall Grove before he's talked about fighting for the title, for fucks sake.

Ok then they should have said something more reasonable like "moose is injured and might lose to Machida" not "Moose by KO Round 1" or "Moose is going to to expose Machida"...LOL @ sauce fans.

A lot of us brought those exact issues up as concerns.
We're not all delusional.

this needs a bump as this will happen!

war moose!!

Mousasi is and always was the real deal. People hating on him or is fans are clearly biased and or ignorant.

Can't believing Mousasi fans are loading their excuses over the Machida loss now. They're so delusional.

I think Mousasi is a really good fighter, top tier in the division, but it's about time people stop treating him like a god of MMA just because he is friends with Fedor.

People are generally obtuse when it comes to this sport..People still reference king mo fight when talking about Gegards wrestling.Mousasi is an elite fighter and elite fighters work on their shortcomings..Since Gegard has arrived to the octagon, he has not had one bad fight.
He fought Machida coming off 2 acl tears and the step up in opposition was enormous in Lyoto..That fight was ALOT closer than some people have made it out to be.Ill even put money on him if and when re-match comes.

Latifi is coming off an impressive win and will be in UFC for quite sometime.Mousasi dominated him and rearranged his mug......ON ONE LEG.

And all of a sudden Chris Weidman is on a different level than the top 5 mw s(including mousasi as top 5)..Im sorry but I'm just not going to buy into that just yet.

I like Mousasi, seems like hes better than HASH11.

Would like to see Mousasi vs Dollaway for a place in the top 5.

Fight makes sense. Fancy Mousasi to win tbh.

Imma die hard Mousasi fan but unfortunately MW is the strongest than it ever was, and Machida is going to be a champion.

If he's coming for the belt with that awkward stance, he's gonna get KO'ed.

Munoz tagged him very good a couple of times. Weidman would decimate him.

I'd like to see Silva-Moose, just for the lulz.

Yea I know he only just beat Munoz and he barely lost to Machida even tho in the fight stats he outstruck him but he was coming off an injury/layoff. This is an injury free, non rusty Mousasi we are seeing here and he will be champ by next summer 2015. I bet my account on it and my credibility as an MMA fan.

I don't think he can beat Weidman, but if Machida or Vitor get the strap I think he has a shot. The Machida fight was close & it isn't out of the realms of possibility that he wins a rematch.

If he's coming for the belt with that awkward stance, he's gonna get KO'ed.

Munoz tagged him very good a couple of times. Weidman would decimate him.

I'd like to see Silva-Moose, just for the lulz.

sure bro,sure..

sure bro,sure..

What's not correct here?

Munoz is a bad striker and he found success in the 1st against the Moose. Guess what will Weidman do to him if he clips him like that a couple of times.

Back