Mousasi is coming for that belt.

Yeah, early stoppage IMO. Munoz was about to make a comeback.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/12/weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif[/IMG

munoz was hurt before that fight plus most of those punches where back of the head and it came from a lucky elbow thrown[/QUOTE]

Plesa, stop now, u are getting ridiculous , Machida gave a sweep to Mousasi and Weidman destroyed Munoz, please, im asking you, be a leader :icon_chee , stop talking nonsense and recognize that your love for Mousasi is the cause of your fanatical blindness

I think he's a tough fight for anyone at MW not named Weidman. He already has a KO win over top 5 Jacare, and while I think Jacare beats him without upkicks it still just goes to show how dangerous he can be.

I'm a huge Mousasi fan but I just get this feeling that he's going to be mediocre in the UFC. He hasn't been that explosive Gegard that he once was and the ufc is not the place to re-discover your abilities. We have seen this story line before with many PRIDE fighters coming over to the UFC, I just don't see him regaining form, I hope I'm wrong

Weidman would kill him.

Mousasi loses to Machida, then beats a guy who he was completely tailor made to beat, and now he's the number 1 contender?

Get out of here. Mousasi fans are ridiculous.

Completely tailor made to beat!?

Mousasi beats Munoz worse/faster than Machida or Weidman did, yet Machida was amazing and the hype was immense. Mousasi does it, and Munoz is suddely rubbish gatekeeper bound for WSOF

biased UFC-only fans butthurt about giving a 'hyped outsider' any credit, FFS kids. Yeah he might not beat Weidman, but he is CERTAINLY elite.

weidman is a prime example of a wrestler with power. I think hes limited in the striking department to develope it further. He hits just hard enough to hurt you but his wrestling is what makes it seem elite. expect Machida to tool Weidman badly standing. Only way weidman wins is in the clinch with short punches , I think he can hurt Machida there but hes gonna have to eat 1 to give 1. Best bet is Machida since Weidmans chin is still a ?

Weidman would kill him.

Mousasi loses to Machida, then beats a guy who he was completely tailor made to beat, and now he's the number 1 contender?

Lol

He's got as good a chance as anyone outside Machida. Maybe as good as Machida.

Mousasi-Machida 2 for the belt sounds good to me. That was my favorite fight of recent years and I'd love to see how both adapted for a second fight. Plus it'd mean Lyoto winning dat strap which I am all for. The Chris can come back for it later, it's lyoto's time now to write his name in the history books.

Also want to see Mousasi and Anderson whenever he's back, and Gegard-Rockhold would just be ridiculous.

I'm a huge Mousasi fan but I just get this feeling that he's going to be mediocre in the UFC. He hasn't been that explosive Gegard that he once was and the ufc is not the place to re-discover your abilities. We have seen this story line before with many PRIDE fighters coming over to the UFC, I just don't see him regaining form, I hope I'm wrong

That's weird cause I thought he looked as good against Munoz as he ever has and I'm not sure how much of him vs lyoto was just lyoto being that damn fast and that damn good. He was clearly still hurt against Latifi, but that was his first fight after the knee, he's looked progressively better in every fight since.

it has to do that moose fucked munoz up more then chris lucky elbow weidman did

Really? Because I remember Munoz lying in a pool of his own blood after the Weidman fight. I remember Munoz being controlled on the ground by Weidman the whole 2 rounds except about 45 seconds in two rounds standing.

Beat him so bad that he went into a depression and gained 80 lbs and didn't fight for a year.

So tell me more....

Mousasi is the only fighter i wouldn't mind seeing taking Weidman's belt. Always been a fan. Big Weidman fan as well.

Weidman would kill him.

seriously? if anything Mousasi had problems with wrestlers in the past.

Yea I know he only just beat Munoz and he barely lost to Machida even tho in the fight stats he outstruck him but he was coming off an injury/layoff. This is an injury free, non rusty Mousasi we are seeing here and he will be champ by next summer 2015. I bet my account on it and my credibility as an MMA fan.

Ill take that bet...Weidman via UD

seriously? if anything Mousasi had problems with wrestlers in the past.
Exactly. First he get hate because he cant handle wrestlers, and when he does, they are taylor made for him.

The Mousasi hate (utter ignorance) is starting to become really embarrassing.

Exactly. First he get hate because he cant handle wrestlers, and when he does, they are taylor made for him.

The Mousasi hate (utter ignorance) is starting to become really embarrassing.

If you actually watched fights, you would know that Munoz has some of the worst takedowns in the UFC.

Back