Most violent cities 2017.

Exactly. In Stl the crime is everywhere to include the upscale neighborhoods.

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

Crime, just like education and wealth, is more segregated in St. Louis than just about any city in the country.

And, as I said earlier, if St. Louis' crime was measured like other cities, it wouldn't be anywhere near the top. Like Baltimore, its rates are falsely inflated due to it being an independent city. If its crime was measured like Chicago, the murder rate would only be like 12 per 100,000.

I am always wondering why South America is so high on the list?
If you compare Brazil or Mexico etc. to Thailand. They are economically on the same level more or less.
They have the same problems with Drugs and drug smuggling, corruption etc.
I understand it depends a bit on where in the country you live but I have lived in Thailand for almost 10 years and never felt unsafe or the need to own a gun.

Is it just the different mentality or more authority Asian governments?
They have no rule of law. Every Latin country with high crime has unusually high levels of crimes not being prosecuted. Look up some documentaries and read up on HRW, some countries have over 90% of their murders going without prosecution. That just creates an environment where thugs will not think twice about killing and revenge kills.

Ill say more authority and more social cohesion in Asian countries.

Freedom has a price.
Yeah. Asian countries may be corrupt but at least murderers and drug dealers will be punished by the government, more than Mexico can say for example. I'm sure social cohesion is part of it too but that's not something you can measure so I avoid saying that

Yeah, I live like 50 kilometers from the Lao border. One of the larger drug traffic borders in the world.
But there is almost no violence at least at the Thai site. Because the people while against hard drugs, in general, are happy that the Army and cops are "on top" of things.
Having people executed Cartel style on a regular basis would be unacceptable for Thais.
They don't mind the Army and police controlling it. As long as they keep the violence away.
Which compared to other countries they do very well. There is no drug war style violence in Thailand. Despite a lot of Drugs.
You bag any ladyboys?

I'm shocked that there are so many cities in Brazil on that list. Shocked!!!

St. Louis is actually safer than Chicago by a considerable margin. If crime was measured the same way, St. Louis would have a lower violent crime rate.

I think you have to consider where crime takes place in each city.

I'd feel safer walking to the Navy Pier in Chicago from my hotel than at night than I would walking to Union Station or the Arch from my hotel in down town STL.

I personally know people who have been robbed at gun point in down town on Wash Ave. I'm just comparing the "down towns of each city", and overall I think a tourist is safer in down town Chicago than they are down town STL.

I'd say the correlation is corruption of government officials/police as being the reason for increase levels of homicides .

MV5BMTMxNzUwNzIxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE3ODU1NQ@@._V1._CR34.883331298828125,38.53334045410156,284,406_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

It starts with throwing an edibles wrapper on the ground and ends with tumble weeds made of heroin needles drifting down the street.

That edibles wrapper you throw on the ground gets blown by the wind onto schoolyards, churches, and playgrounds. The same thing would happen with crack and heroin wrappers. Can you at least concede that people can be reasonable in not wanting to see those littered around their cities and places where kids and families congregate? How is that 'reefer madness'?

I've admitted that there are bad things about drug laws: they don't lower drug use rates, they increase property crime rates, increase the amount of overdoses, etc.

You won't even concede that there could be any bad things that come with legalization -- not even littering of drug packages and more open possession and use.

That should tell you that you're not thinking critically. You're being ideological about it.

I've admitted that there are bad things about drug laws: they don't lower drug use rates, they increase property crime rates, etc.

You won't even concede that there could be any bad things that come with legalization -- not even littering of drug packages and more open possession and use.

That edibles wrapper you throw on the ground gets blown by the wind into schoolyards and playgrounds. The same thing would happen with crack and heroin wrappers. Could you at least concede that people can be reasonable in not wanting to see those littered around their cities and places where their kids hang out? How is that 'reefer madness'?

That should tell you that you're not thinking critically. You're being ideological about it.

I'm gonna assume you feel the same way about booze too, since there's booze bill boards and TV commercials everywhere and beer cans and beer bottles that are littered. I mean you probably can't even go to a nice restaurant with your kids without them being exposed to some drunk who can't even get through his spaghetti without a beer or glass of wine!

Oh the horror.

I'm gonna assume you feel the same way about booze too, since there's booze bill boards and TV commercials everywhere and beer cans and beer bottles that are littered. I mean you probably can't even go to a nice restaurant with your kids without them being exposed to some drunk who can't even get through his spaghetti without a beer or glass of wine!

Oh the horror.
That actually is a problem. I don't like seeing beer cans and liquor bottles littered on playgrounds and sidewalks. But since beer is legal, they are.

As beer cans and liquor bottles are littered in every American city, as weed wrappers and joint containers are littered in American cities where it's legal, so too would be wrappers, containers, and paraphanelia of any other legal drug.

Alcohol is unavoidable in public because it's legal. Same with weed where it's legal. Wanting to live in a society where that doesn't extend to harder drugs is not 'reefer madness'.

I'd feel safer walking to the Navy Pier in Chicago from my hotel than at night than I would walking to Union Station or the Arch from my hotel in down town STL.

I personally know people who have been robbed at gun point in down town on Wash Ave. I'm just comparing the "down towns of each city", and overall I think a tourist is safer in down town Chicago than they are down town STL.

Yeah @Trotsky no one is debating Chicago doesnt have awful areas, but they are neighborhoods that are kind of off by themselves away from the downtown. Really only mostly affects the people who live there.

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

Crime, just like education and wealth, is more segregated in St. Louis than just about any city in the country.

And, as I said earlier, if St. Louis' crime was measured like other cities, it wouldn't be anywhere near the top. Like Baltimore, its rates are falsely inflated due to it being an independent city. If its crime was measured like Chicago, the murder rate would only be like 12 per 100,000.

Yea... I only handled the shit for a decade you smug douche. Lafayette square, cwe, fox park, other nicer areas, etc... had crime to include carjackings, robberies, shootings, home invasions, etc.... Lol at you thinking you know wtf you're talking about. Did you have access to nightly joker reports ? At roll calls ? Exactly.

Dude, this Trotsky stroke just told me; a ten year city officer, I don't know what I'm talking about regarding crime in Stl. So...take his laughable opinions for what they're worth.

Handled over 10,000 calls in every corner of the city, but what would I know, eh ?

Yea... I only handled the shit for a decade you smug douche. Lafayette square, cwe, fox park, other nicer areas, etc... had crime to include carjackings, robberies, shootings, home invasions, etc.... Lol at you thinking you know wtf you're talking about. Did you have access to nightly joker reports ? At roll calls ? Exactly.

When I used to work late nights like 10-12 years ago, I would hang out at in the CWE at coffee cartel (all the cool kids did back then). I remember once me and my bro just walking around on a nice spring Saturday night and we got stopped by a cop near the corner of Euclid and pershing (or maybe Lenox). Essentially not far from the "heart" of the CWE. He basically said "what are guys doing? GTFO we've had trouble with people getting mugged around here".

Every single city has some level of crime in all of its areas. St. Louis' crime is more compartmentalized than most.

Your anecdotes don't mean anything. A Chicago cop would say that exact same thing about their city: that there was and is crime in every neighborhood. But no neighborhood in Chicago has the concentration of crime that mid-North City has.

LOL @ you thinking that you being one of 1.5 million police officers in the country gives you any novel insights that can't be (and are legally required to be) reported into public data. In fact, your obvious inability to understand the concept of experiential overexposure makes you, in fact, less competent on this issue than some first-year criminology student.

St. Louis and Baltimore wouldn't be on the list at all if they weren't independent cities. In actuality, downtown Baltimore and St. Louis are (relatively, of course) quite safe.

St. Louis is actually safer than Chicago by a considerable margin. If crime was measured the same way, St. Louis would have a lower violent crime rate.

Also, Mark Cutting is wrong. We have a mayor who is shamelessly shilling for the police union and his "anti-crime" agenda (so much so that LEO's are now earning more than BA/S + JD-having STL public defenders), and they still can't help but reflexively blame the mayor as being a criminal enabler.

Lol... You're a lunatic, kid. She panders to leftist slime like you. She used the police dept. to help get elected then completely abandoned her entire platform... Better pay, better training, more officers.

When I used to work late nights like 10-12 years ago, I would hang out at in the CWE at coffee cartel (all the cool kids did back then). I remember once me and my bro just walking around on a nice spring Saturday night and we got stopped by a cop near the corner of Euclid and pershing (or maybe Lenox). Essentially not far from the "heart" of the CWE. He basically said "what are guys doing? GTFO we've had trouble with people getting mugged around here".

Yep. My co-worker was ambushed and shot across the street while in his car working secondary down there.

The evidence is any major American city where weed is legal.

Weed is not heroin.

Saying this is nonsense is like saying you've never seen someone drinking beer in public before if you live in a major city. It's not believable and you're only saying it because you don't want to believe it. I don't think you actually believe what you're saying. I think you just don't want to admit that it would happen.

I rarely see people drinking beer in public outside of restaurants.

You can't prove something like this with numbers. But it's common sense and anyone who's lived in a city where weed is legal has seen it happen. It's common sense that it would happen with any other drug too.

But it's not a number and so it doesn't get brought up in policy debates.

You are comparing heroin to weed and calling it common sense.

Unless the cop is right there for the 10 seconds someone is littering or smoking his drug, you can't prove he did it. That's why littering laws are commonly broken.. That's why the only way to stop things like that is a possession law.

So the only way to stop littering is to send people to jail for years for something unrelated?

How about make a law that forbids drugs to be sold in packages?

Every single city has some level of crime in all of its areas. St. Louis' crime is more compartmentalized than most.

Your anecdotes don't mean anything. A Chicago cop would say that exact same thing about their city: that there was and is crime in every neighborhood. But no neighborhood in Chicago has the concentration of crime that mid-North City has.

LOL @ you thinking that you being one of 1.5 million police officers in the country gives you any novel insights that can't be (and are legally required to be) reported into public data. In fact, your obvious inability to understand the concept of experiential overexposure makes you, in fact, less competent on this issue than some first-year criminology student.

Bravo on contradicting yourself AND affirming my post. Not quite as slick and informed as you act.

But, I'm sure you know more about the crime in Stl than the police do. You quasi-elitist cunts are a hoot.

Back